Arena Breakout: Infinite

Hipfire is added, aims coming soon!
Read more...

Project L33T

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Twilight Town: A Cyberpunk FPS

Just added.
Read more...

Contain

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Vomitoreum

Just added.
Read more...

Windows to CSGO is inaccurate.

Regarding this, I have tested measuring a certain distance by drawing on a lined piece of paper a straight line and followed that line and saw how far it would move (using very low dpi) and then checked how far it would move in CSGO. With the 2.515630 calculated by the calculators I have found that the distance moved on screen is lower in csgo than on windows. 2.515630 seems to be 70% of what the windows sensitivity is. I have therefore done 2.515630/7*10 and got around 3.59 and then lowered it to 3.5. This is much closer to the actual distance moved by the mouse cursor on windows to CSGO being 1:1. Please respond to this. Thanks.

• Wizard

Since in a game you are moving around an axis with a spherical FOV, the calculation is only accurate for one distance. In other words, while the movement in Windows is 100% linear, it is not in-game. If you just measured say 10 cm of the screen, you will end up moving too short. What I'm planning is an option in the calculator to specify what on-screen distance you want matched.

The calculator matches the sensitivity for half a screen-width. In other words, if you measure the mouse movement distance in Windows from exactly the middle of the screen to the edge, you should get the exact same distance as moving the cross-hair to the object on the edge of screen in-game (and obviously remember to turn off acceleration in Windows if it is on :))

Since in a game you are moving around an axis with a spherical FOV, the calculation is only accurate for one distance. In other words, while the movement in Windows is 100% linear, it is not in-game. If you just measured say 10 cm of the screen, you will end up moving too short. What I'm planning is an option in the calculator to specify what on-screen distance you want matched.

The calculator matches the sensitivity for half a screen-width. In other words, if you measure the mouse movement distance in Windows from exactly the middle of the screen to the edge, you should get the exact same distance as moving the cross-hair to the object on the edge of screen in-game (and obviously remember to turn off acceleration in Windows if it is on :))

Thanks man. I am happy to know that the distance feature is going to come. Thanks man. Makes sense.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Wizard

can't change the monitor size of the second game, I wanna match sensitivities for different screen sizes as well =)

As I said in the other thread, changing the second game's monitor size will only lead to a different ratio and discrepancy calculation atm, it will not affect the actual sensitivity calculation (which is why it is locked). If you want to match physical monitor distance so moving the crosshair e.g. 5 inches is the same on a 19" and 30" monitor, that can be done. But I'm not quite sure this is useful? :)

As I said in the other thread, changing the second game's monitor size will only lead to a different ratio and discrepancy calculation atm, it will not affect the actual sensitivity calculation (which is why it is locked). If you want to match physical monitor distance so moving the crosshair e.g. 5 inches is the same on a 19" and 30" monitor, that can be done. But I'm not quite sure this is useful? :)

i agree, at this point it's already more then complicated enough for everyone. and most people don't have the slightest idea of what's going on actually.

so leaving this locked is the best idea.