Arena Breakout: Infinite

Hipfire is added, aims coming soon!
Read more...

Project L33T

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Twilight Town: A Cyberpunk FPS

Just added.
Read more...

Contain

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Vomitoreum

Just added.
Read more...

Cm/360 calculation results false?

'ey

According to the website my ingame cm/360 value is 28.8cm/360 but when I have done the manual test in all the games I play it gives me roughly ~34-35cm/360. I'm curious what could possibly cause this inconsistenty, since all my friends seem to get correct results within the site.

Zowie FK2, 800 dpi, 1.8 sens, 1000hz polling, 90 fov, 1920x1080 144hz, zero accel, 144 stable fps, m_yaw 0.022 (default) 6/11 slider, w10.

Cheers.

Edited by pubba
  • Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This sensitivity value was mainly used in source based games, but also after manually checking the cm/360 in Overwatch it seems to give the same result range (33cm/360). I also tried to test the results with another mouse, it gave me roughly 30cm/360 ratio, regardless of still being shown as 28.8cm/360 in the sensitivity calculator. Normally I wouldn't be bothered with such a difference, but considering how my friend has the very same mouse and still gains different results in the test seems rather odd.

• Wizard

Getting around 30 when the calculation says 28.8 is normal. The calculations are correct, but the deviation is in the sensor and obviously human error.

But 33-34 is a little too much, that's really strange considering you only got about 7% deviation in the analyzer. Did you test with another mouse of the same brand? It might be something in the driver/settings.

I did the test with Zowie AM, both do have the same sensor, though different DPI. I used 1150 in the test with 1.25 sensitivity which should be the exact same as 1.8 and 800 dpi according to sensitivity calculator. These mice are known for not having drivers at all, so that is unlikely the case. I can't think of any windows/ingame settings that could cause this.

• 2 weeks later...

I did the test with Zowie AM, both do have the same sensor, though different DPI. I used 1150 in the test with 1.25 sensitivity which should be the exact same as 1.8 and 800 dpi according to sensitivity calculator. These mice are known for not having drivers at all, so that is unlikely the case. I can't think of any windows/ingame settings that could cause this.

When you turn in a 3D world you need to go in a straight line to get a 360 measurement equal to the cm/360^ because arches cover more distance. 

• 5 years later...
Em 25/05/2016 em 08:40, pubba disse:

'ey

According to the website my ingame cm/360 value is 28.8cm/360 but when I have done the manual test in all the games I play it gives me roughly ~34-35cm/360. I'm curious what could possibly cause this inconsistenty, since all my friends seem to get correct results within the site.

Zowie FK2, 800 dpi, 1.8 sens, 1000hz polling, 90 fov, 1920x1080 144hz, zero accel, 144 stable fps, m_yaw 0.022 (default) 6/11 slider, w10.

Cheers.

I know this topic is old but I had the same problem as you for years, until I finally managed to solve it this week. Turns out I've had 3 total mice in my entire life (a generic 5$, Bloody V5M and currently a G203 Lightsync) and all three had the exact same "problem" as yours.

I'll explain. It happens that I have always used sites like this and others to measure my CM/360 however, I found (frighteningly) the same margin of error as you, until this week for example, I thought I played at 34/35cm/360, but when I put DPI and Sens of the games (Paladins, CS) not only on this site, but on several others, they gave me approximately 27-28cm/360, I was wrong for years thinking that the sites gave me wrong information, because the manual method always got me it was 34/35cm/360, until yesterday I got real and I realized that I was using the manual method the wrong way: I have a 34.6cm mousepad and I always thought that making a 360 in the game using all my mousepad, the result was the same size as him, but that's not true. I discovered that the correct method of measuring manually is to start measuring from the beginning of the mousepad, but taking into account the center of the sensor (and not the beginning of the mouse hull as I always did) the same goes for when you reach the end of the mousepad, and guess what? the result I got? that's right, exactly 28cm/360...

I discovered this week that for years I played several fps games with 28cm/360 thinking it was 34/35cm/360, due to lack of information and attention, measuring manually and on top of that wrong (like this as I played 25cm/360 at times, but I also found that it was 19-20cm/360, according to the websites, and yes, they were right all along). When measuring manually with a ruler or whatever, never start with the mouse shell, but with the center of the sensor (take this into account when reaching the end of the mousepad too, never count the cm's with the mouse shell, but the center of the sensor, to be more precise, the center of the mouse, but this will depend on the model, and you will get exactly the same result as the websites), they were always right all along, I hope this has the helped or help someone with the same problem.

20 minutes ago, Pwnnz said:

I know this topic is old but I had the same problem as you for years, until I finally managed to solve it this week. Turns out I've had 3 total mice in my entire life (a generic 5$, Bloody V5M and currently a G203 Lightsync) and all three had the exact same "problem" as yours.

I'll explain. It happens that I have always used sites like this and others to measure my CM/360 however, I found (frighteningly) the same margin of error as you, until this week for example, I thought I played at 34/35cm/360, but when I put DPI and Sens of the games (Paladins, CS) not only on this site, but on several others, they gave me approximately 27-28cm/360, I was wrong for years thinking that the sites gave me wrong information, because the manual method always got me it was 34/35cm/360, until yesterday I got real and I realized that I was using the manual method the wrong way: I have a 34.6cm mousepad and I always thought that making a 360 in the game using all my mousepad, the result was the same size as him, but that's not true. I discovered that the correct method of measuring manually is to start measuring from the beginning of the mousepad, but taking into account the center of the sensor (and not the beginning of the mouse hull as I always did) the same goes for when you reach the end of the mousepad, and guess what? the result I got? that's right, exactly 28cm/360...

I discovered this week that for years I played several fps games with 28cm/360 thinking it was 34/35cm/360, due to lack of information and attention, measuring manually and on top of that wrong (like this as I played 25cm/360 at times, but I also found that it was 19-20cm/360, according to the websites, and yes, they were right all along). When measuring manually with a ruler or whatever, never start with the mouse shell, but with the center of the sensor (take this into account when reaching the end of the mousepad too, never count the cm's with the mouse shell, but the center of the sensor, to be more precise, the center of the mouse, but this will depend on the model, and you will get exactly the same result as the websites), they were always right all along, I hope this has the helped or help someone with the same problem.

back to the future  and make new topic

Edited by Merinda18