Arena Breakout: Infinite

Hipfire is added, aims coming soon!
Read more...

Project L33T

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Twilight Town: A Cyberpunk FPS

Just added.
Read more...

Contain

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Vomitoreum

Just added.
Read more...

why 0% match is best for tracking and 100% match best for flick?

3 minutes ago, Drimzi said:

0%. It will match the velocity of the cursor perfectly. The resulting game sensitivity will result in a rotational increment equal to the number of degrees inside of a pixel in the exact center of the screen. So every rotational increment will move the same amount as a cursor, which increments by 1 pixel.

Thank you for your advice, I will try it out :D

Have you had to increase your overall sensitivity after switching to 0%MM? I've been using a 13.5 inch 360 for hipfire in games like BF1 and PUBG. Trying 0% I'm pretty garbage. I"ve been using 75% for a long time, so it's a big change. I"m curious how you guys have compensated or if I need to try and bite the bullet and just get used to it. I think I'd have to increase hipfire sensitivity to make it work.

13 hours ago, Drimzi said:

0%. It will match the velocity of the cursor perfectly. The resulting game sensitivity will result in a rotational increment equal to the number of degrees inside of a pixel in the exact center of the screen. So every rotational increment will move the same amount as a cursor, which increments by 1 pixel.

What do you do for 3rd person games? Do you match 0% for hipfire? I tend to prefer 360 distance on hipfire, most games FPS it's irrelevant because you can match the FOV, but in ones where you can't I prefer 360.

Edited by Bryjoe
1 hour ago, mrazzle11 said:

Have you had to increase your overall sensitivity after switching to 0%MM? I've been using a 13.5 inch 360 for hipfire in games like BF1 and PUBG. Trying 0% I'm pretty garbage. I"ve been using 75% for a long time, so it's a big change. I"m curious how you guys have compensated or if I need to try and bite the bullet and just get used to it. I think I'd have to increase hipfire sensitivity to make it work.

No, you just have to get used to it. For hipfire it will feel slow, but the best option for hipfire is to match your FOV between games so it would be the same distance/360 anyways. Nothing inherently wrong with using 75% as some of the best CS players in the world use it, getting "used to" it is the key, right? 0% should be better, and you see a lot of sniper mains in Overwatch using 38 or 0%. It was determined early on in that game what is closest to "1:1" ratio between hipfire and the Widowmaker scope and no surprise that it was 0%. It's the same concept described here, 0% is the only match that scales the same no matter what. 

For reference, it took me about 25 hours to really start to get used to 0%. Depending on how often you play, it could be weeks or months before it feels natural.

1 hour ago, Bryjoe said:

For reference, it took me about 25 hours to really start to get used to 0%. Depending on how often you play, it could be weeks or months before it feels natural.

Damn... I want to get better, but I don't want it to take too long. I usually try to get my hipfire right, then adjust from there. I always use the same FOV (if possible) and match hip fire using 360. Then I convert my scopes using 75%. Maybe I'll give it some honest time. I'm thinking I'll likely have to increase my hipfire sensitivity to 12.5 again to be able to adjust faster on the scoping. 

The issue is that you have to scale your input with the fov, which can be uncomfortable depending on how big the zoom is and how quickly you have to transition from one zoom factor to another. You need to practice this to get use to it. Practice with a very slow zoom transition (use KovaaKs FPS Aim Trainer with a very long ads/zoom time), and later practice while switching between a high fov to a low fov instantly.

With a distance matching method, your input stays roughly the same, as you determine the max input radius to the edge of the screen or somewhere relatively close by. This is way more comfortable and less jarring than scaling the magnitude of your input, and can deceive you into thinking it is better.

5 hours ago, Drimzi said:

I don't treat hipfire, ads, zoom, or third person any differently. Just calculate the sensitivity based on the fov and that's it.

True, it's just in a game like pubg for instance matching 0% for 3rd person is like a 20+ cm/360 distance. For instance: 

image.png.4529c534867f029a7b8b9eaed9e8ef26.png

Why does your accuracy at the crosshair matter if it takes you nearly twice as much mouse space to turn as you're used to? 

Edited by Bryjoe
4 hours ago, Bryjoe said:

True, it's just in a game like pubg for instance matching 0% for 3rd person is like a 20+ cm/360 distance. For instance: 

Why does your accuracy at the crosshair matter if it takes you nearly twice as much mouse space to turn as you're used to? 

Depends on which direction you are converting from. 0% is much faster when converting from a lower FOV to a higher one than other percentages. I convert from my DPI, so I've based it on the lowest sensitivity I feel comfortable using at the lowest FOV.

6 hours ago, Bryjoe said:

It has nothing to do with the accuracy at the crosshair. PUBG is more zoomed in, so it is going to require more mouse distance to turn. Using a different sensitivity is just that, a different sensitivity. If you don't want to match, then learn an alternative sensitivity, with the least random being one of the other matching methods.

Also you can just convert properly to FPP and all other scopes, and leave TPP with 103 fov's sensitivity value instead. Then everything is correct, except TPP is faster than it should be.

Edited by Drimzi
On 6/21/2018 at 11:02 AM, Drimzi said:

0% is kind of hard hard to get used to. Every time I enter the 3d game, kind of feel like that in game sens is much faster than desktop.

I am curious that do you use 0% to transfer your desktop sensitivity like Mr potato does? what is your 360cm under 106 fov now?

7 hours ago, cchhqq said:

0% is kind of hard hard to get used to. Every time I enter the 3d game, kind of feel like that in game sens is much faster than desktop.

I am curious that do you use 0% to transfer your desktop sensitivity like Mr potato does? what is your 360cm under 106 fov now?

Yes, all my values are generated from the desktop. 30.642 cm

If you are an osu! player, you can see how the conversion feels in a game called FPoSu. Disable playfield cube and curved playfield. Set HFOV to 90. Put in your CPI and 360 distance (just generate a sensitivity value for a HFOV based game like Overwatch and copy the 360 distance). In the mods menu, set Playfield Distance to 1, and enable Relax. Play some songs. After you complete a song, it goes back to using a cursor, and it should feel pretty seamless. Try again with 53 FOV, 2 distance, and 127 FOV and 0.5 distance. They should all feel pretty much the same, with the exception being the distortion at 127 FOV which may play tricks on you.

Edited by Drimzi
4 hours ago, Drimzi said:

Yes, all my values are generated from the desktop. 30.642 cm

If you are an osu! player, you can see how the conversion feels in a game called FPoSu. Disable playfield cube and curved playfield. Set HFOV to 90. Put in your CPI and 360 distance (just generate a sensitivity value for a HFOV based game like Overwatch and copy the 360 distance). In the mods menu, set Playfield Distance to 1, and enable Relax. Play some songs. After you complete a song, it goes back to using a cursor, and it should feel pretty seamless. Try again with 53 FOV, 2 distance, and 127 FOV and 0.5 distance. They should all feel pretty much the same, with the exception being the distortion at 127 FOV which may play tricks on you.

it seems work, but I may need more time to get used to it. it is kind of amazning you get used to such a high sensitivity, I remember u used to use around 40cm to 50cm for a long time? I usually use 36cm and 30cm is still kind of hard for me to control.

4 hours ago, mrazzle11 said:

How do you find an input that scales? What would be the closet to 13.5 inches on a 27 inch monitor? Not sure how you're calculating your 30.642. Thanks.

On my desktop PC with 24.5" 1920x1080 monitor, I use 3 WPS, 3000 CPI. With an FOV of 90 (4:3) / 106.26 (16:9), it results in 30.642 cm.

2 hours ago, cchhqq said:

it seems work, but I may need more time to get used to it. it is kind of amazning you get used to such a high sensitivity, I remember u used to use around 40cm to 50cm for a long time? I usually use 36cm and 30cm is still kind of hard for me to control.

I guess I have used most sensitivity ranges and FOVs, so it is easy for me to switch. I've even practiced 175 (1:1) FOV which has 1 cm with my configuration. It also helps to have a low angular increment, achieved by using a low game sensitivity value and high CPI value. It makes aiming a lot smoother and precise, and the more sensitive mouse gets rid of the 'deadzones' where you try to microadjust the mouse but the distance is not great enough to trigger a count, which is very beneficial for a fast sensitivity.

7 minutes ago, Drimzi said:

I use 3 WPS, 3000 CPI. With an FOV of 90 (4:3) / 106.26 (16:9), it results in 30.642 cm.

I am curious how do you get this 3 wps, in my setting, there is only 3/11 which is 4 in the calculator.

Just now, cchhqq said:

I am curious how do you get this 3 wps, in my setting, there is only 3/11 which is 4 in the calculator.

Regedit:

Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Mouse\MouseSensitivity

Set to 3

To prevent the mouse being 6/11 on Windows sign-in screen

Computer\HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Control Panel\Mouse\MouseSensitivity

Set to 3

9 minutes ago, Drimzi said:

It makes aiming a lot smoother and precise, and the more sensitive mouse gets rid of the 'deadzones' where you try to microadjust the mouse but the distance is not great enough to trigger a count, which is very beneficial for a fast sensitivity.

I also want to use higher dpi. But I also play some games like bordland2 whose lowest sensitivty in setting with any dpi higher than 400 still feels very fast.

400 or 500 also makes me feel better in rpg games with their default sens.

for these reason, i give up the benefits from using high dpi with low sens

3 minutes ago, Drimzi said:

Regedit:

Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Mouse\MouseSensitivity

Set to 3

To prevent the mouse being 6/11 on Windows sign-in screen

Computer\HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Control Panel\Mouse\MouseSensitivity

Set to 3

you even use regedit to get a better sens to sync 2d and 3d. You are so hardcore my friend. Is converting sens from desktop to 3d games that helpful? I used to thought this conversion between 2d and 3d only help a little.

On 6/22/2018 at 3:36 AM, Drimzi said:

It has nothing to do with the accuracy at the crosshair. PUBG is more zoomed in, so it is going to require more mouse distance to turn. Using a different sensitivity is just that, a different sensitivity. If you don't want to match, then learn an alternative sensitivity, with the least random being one of the other matching methods.

Also you can just convert properly to FPP and all other scopes, and leave TPP with 103 fov's sensitivity value instead. Then everything is correct, except TPP is faster than it should be.

I use 0% match for all zoomed modes, including over the shoulder. I didn't think the FOV effects TPP?

On 6/23/2018 at 12:26 PM, Drimzi said:

On my desktop PC with 24.5" 1920x1080 monitor, I use 3 WPS, 3000 CPI. With an FOV of 90 (4:3) / 106.26 (16:9), it results in 30.642 cm.

I guess I have used most sensitivity ranges and FOVs, so it is easy for me to switch. I've even practiced 175 (1:1) FOV which has 1 cm with my configuration. It also helps to have a low angular increment, achieved by using a low game sensitivity value and high CPI value. It makes aiming a lot smoother and precise, and the more sensitive mouse gets rid of the 'deadzones' where you try to microadjust the mouse but the distance is not great enough to trigger a count, which is very beneficial for a fast sensitivity.

Sir, I find out that when I started to get used to 0% match from desktop sens. I feel like that my 400 dpi on desktop faster. Is this just my personal situation or have any certain reason behind it? does it have anything to  do with that 0% match the velocity?

interesting stuff about 0%, the thing i personally don't like is the fact that it is a huge jump moving for example twice as far with your mouse when zoomed in. It doesn't feel natural to me, especially in games that have recoil where u are recovering all the time from (huge) jumps in aim.

What i would like: if i track a player on FOV 90 that is running from left to right, i zoom in on that same player on for example fov 45, and i have to move the mouse physically the same distance to track the running player in the zoomed state the same as i did in the normal FOV. 

Which monitor match will give that result? or is that 360 scope match (guess not, since thats WAY too fast)

10 minutes ago, sammymanny said:

interesting stuff about 0%, the thing i personally don't like is the fact that it is a huge jump moving for example twice as far with your mouse when zoomed in. It doesn't feel natural to me, especially in games that have recoil where u are recovering all the time from (huge) jumps in aim.

What i would like: if i track a player on FOV 90 that is running from left to right, i zoom in on that same player on for example fov 45, and i have to move the mouse physically the same distance to track the running player in the zoomed state the same as i did in the normal FOV. 

Which monitor match will give that result? or is that 360 scope match (guess not, since thats WAY too fast)

I think 0% is the most consistent way to do scopes and ADS for a lot of reasons that have been exhausted in this thread. I don't feel this translates to 3rd person hipfire, but some do. 3rd person hipfire is typically a much lower FOV compared to FPS and the FOV is not even remotely comparable in my opinion. In that case, I prefer distance/360. In other FPS, I match FOV as close as I can to 106.26 HFOV (my preferred FOV) and then match at 0%. This is usually very close or identical to distance/360 anyways.

It's a point of contention around here, but hipfire can be whatever you want but you should match your scopes based on 0%(objectively best) or another matching method. More important to be consistent than to try a bunch of different methods though.

Edited by Bryjoe
1 minute ago, Bryjoe said:

I think 0% is the most consistent way to do scopes and ADS for a lot of reasons that have been exhausted in this thread. I don't feel this translates to 3rd person hipfire, but some do. 3rd person hipfire is typically a much lower FOV compared to FPS and the FOV is not even remotely comparable in my opinion. In that case, I prefer distance/360. In other FPS, I match FOV as close as I can to 106.26 HFOV (my preferred FOV) and then match at 0%. This is usually very close or identical to distance/360 anyways.

It's a point of contention around here, but hipfire can be whatever you want but you should match your scopes based on 0%(objectively best) or another method matching method. More important to be consistent then to try a bunch of different methods as well.

i agree that based on the reasons mentioned on this forum and the video, that 0%MM is indeed the most consistent way of calculating sensitivities between fovs. 

It just doesnt feel correct to me personally, i dont want to hijack this topic, but i feel that 0%mm is something i will never get used too since it is way to slow for me when i need to compensate for recoil on low fov's. 

Just looking for a method where the physical distance moved with the mouse is more or less the same on scopes when tracking a moving target from lef to right, or up down. 

On ‎6‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 6:26 AM, Drimzi said:

It also helps to have a low angular increment, achieved by using a low game sensitivity value and high CPI value. It makes aiming a lot smoother and precise, and the more sensitive mouse gets rid of the 'deadzones' where you try to microadjust the mouse but the distance is not great enough to trigger a count, which is very beneficial for a fast sensitivity.

Just out of interest: How do you navigate through ingame menus? The curser is waaaay to fast with high DPI values and isn't affected by WPS when RAW-mouse-input is enabled.