FOUNDRY

Just added!
Read more...

Gray Zone Warfare

Use the config file for best accuracy.
Read more...

World of Shooting

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Robin Hood - Sherwood Builders

See the game notes for instructions on how to reduce smoothing.
Read more...

Gas Station Simulator

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Completely Confused

You convert using different methods depending on what you want to achieve.

360 Distance

360 distance will convert the sensitivity without any FOV compensation. The amount you rotate per mouse count is constant, and so the distance to rotate 360 degrees (or any other amount, like 45, 90, 180) is also constant. Since the FOV determines how many degrees are squished onto your screen, how sensitive the mouse feels will depend solely on the FOV. This method would have the most extreme change in perceived sensitivity when the FOV is changed.

My opinion: It is useful for converting hipfire sensitivity if you prefer to keep 180 degree flicks, but I would never recommend to use this for zooming/aiming. You will need to master all aiming styles, as low FOV will require micro finger movement and high FOV will require arm movement.

Viewspeed

Viewspeed V2 converts the sensitivity using the Sine trigonometric function for FOV compensation. The intended outcome is to make the perceived camera speed constant for all FOV while using a constant mousing motion. Since the FOV determines how many degrees are squished onto your screen, higher FOVs naturally look faster as there is more information moving, and low FOVs naturally look slower, and Viewspeed attempts to equalise this.

My opinion: The perceived sensitivity may be a little too high for low FOVs and too low for high FOVs. I don't think the perceived camera speed should be kept constant, as it is natural for it to change with the FOV. It can improve visual comfort, but I don't think this benefits muscle memory.

Monitor Distance Match

Monitor Distance Match converts the sensitivity by comparing the horizontal angle values of the FOV, and lets the user define a percentage of the horizontal FOV to match to. Rather than matching the distance for a constant angle like 360 distance, it matches to a dynamic value instead, your FOV, which is an angle on your screen. The result is a screen-space distance match, where the distance to rotate to a point on the screen is constant, but the discrepancy to rotate to any other point will depend on the FOV. This method is the same as Battlefield's Uniform Soldier Aiming system, except you define the point using a multiplier of the vertical angle in Battlefield, and a percentage of the horizontal angle in Monitor Distance Match. The method of comparing the angle values is also commonly used by most games, so you can replicate most games using this method. Example, CSGO divides the horizontal 4:3 angles, so 75% (for 16:9) will copy this.

My opinion: Matching to the square (1:1) aspect ratio's angle is the best distance match. You can find the percentage of this using a calculator, e.g. 1080/1920 * 100 = 56.25%. The benefit for this method is that you can specify a max radius required to move your mouse to aim within your FOV, which can give the sense of comfort, let you use a very low sensitivity, and master one aiming style (such as wrist only, arm only, etc.), but I wouldn't recommend this method for muscle memory. I think the logic behind this method is also flawed, it holds up for camera pitch distance, but camera yaw distance depends entirely on the camera pitch, if you look up or down, the distance to reach a predetermined point will fail.

Zoom Match (0% Monitor Distance Match)

Zoom Match converts the sensitivity using the tangent trigonometric function for FOV compensation. The sensitivity scales proportionately with the zoom / focal length, so if the camera zooms in 2x, the sensitivity will also scale by 2x. Screen distances and camera speed are not preserved. This method will have the largest discrepancy in 360 distance when comparing high and low FOVs.

My opinion: This will be the best method for muscle memory, but can also be the least comfortable and requires a higher sensitivity in general. You need to master aiming with all aiming styles. High FOVs will require micro finger movement, and low FOVs will require arm movement.

Edited by Drimzi