FOUNDRY

Just added!
Read more...

Gray Zone Warfare

Use the config file for best accuracy.
Read more...

World of Shooting

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Robin Hood - Sherwood Builders

See the game notes for instructions on how to reduce smoothing.
Read more...

Gas Station Simulator

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

R6 to Aimhero 360 distance/monitor distance/viewspeed v1 or v2

Hello guys

i just start using this service one day, i wondering which one is a much better option if i want to practice my aim in aimhero

is it the 360 distance/monitor distance/viewspeed v1 or v2

im so confused with those options 

please help me!!

763424275_rainbowsixtoAimhero(Acgo).thumb.png.84ff623f4ef99a7c268ec4231eadf735.png

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Wizard

360 distance is only suitable for hipfire to hipfire conversion. The other methods can be used for anything, but which one is "best" is depending on your preference.

An important key is to always try to match the "Actual HFOV" between games so the sensitivity feels the same. This is not always possible however as a lot of games don't have the option to customize the FOV, or the preferred FOV is out of range of the game.

1 hour ago, Ming said:

Hello guys

i just start using this service one day, i wondering which one is a much better option if i want to practice my aim in aimhero

is it the 360 distance/monitor distance/viewspeed v1 or v2

im so confused with those options 

please help me!!

763424275_rainbowsixtoAimhero(Acgo).thumb.png.84ff623f4ef99a7c268ec4231eadf735.png

Converting via 360 distance is most mathematically correct but feels wrong because of changes in perceived size - because you sit at the same distance from your monitor for the entire fov range, you are essentially zooming in and out, but you must compensate by changing 360 distance. This is demonstrated in this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RYCrGAJshvQ

Therefore we must use a conversion method to convert sensitivity across the entire range of fov.

It's my opinion that monitor distance matching is the correct method as this syncs your perceived sensitivity as per the gear ratio principle. The only problem with monitor matching is that you can only perfectly match one point on the screen. You will not maintain perfect muscle memory at all points on the screen. This is a natural consequence of rectilinearly projecting 3D onto 2D.

Then you have to ask, which percentage do I use? Well, all monitor match percentages are valid, since they all follow the gear ratio principle, yet all are arbitrary (except 0%). This means that there is no universally acceptable percentage. It's better to understand the range of percentages as having their advantages and disadvantages.

Personally I love 0% because it matches muscle memory where you need it most - at the crosshair. And 0% maintains the same visual angle no matter what setup you use, so it's not as arbitrary as other percentages.