Gray Zone Warfare

Use the config file for best accuracy.
Read more...

World of Shooting

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Robin Hood - Sherwood Builders

See the game notes for instructions on how to reduce smoothing.
Read more...

Gas Station Simulator

Read more...

Mortal Shell

Read more...

Team Fortress 2

• 4 years later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 4 years later...
  • 10 months later...

Would it be possible to extend the calculator for disallowed FOVs?

I downloaded a mod which lets me ignore the FOV limit and set FOVs below 75.

I know the old cs:go calculator had a setting for hipfire with "sv_cheats 1" enabled, so I was hoping for something similar for TF2.

I assumed the sensitivity formula would follow whatever TF2 uses by default, just with uncapped FOV.
If you are willing to test the mod I would appreciate it, though its installation is a bit involved - the fov mod requires sourcemod, which itself requires metamod:

1. Download metamod here: https://www.metamodsource.net/
  2. Navigate to "steamapps\common\Team Fortress 2\tf" and create the "addons" folder if it does not already exist
  3. extract the metamod files and put them in the addons folder
  4. Download sourcemod here: https://www.sourcemod.net/downloads.php
  5. sourcemod contains two folders (addons and cfg). Extract the addons files to "steamapps\common\Team Fortress 2\tf\addons", and the cfg files to "steamapps\common\Team Fortress 2\tf\cfg"
  6. Download the FOV mod here: https://github.com/DoctorMcKay/sourcemod-plugins/raw/master/plugins/unrestricted_fov.smx
  7. Place the file "unrestricted_fov.smx" into the folder "steamapps\common\Team Fortress 2\tf\addons\sourcemod\plugins"
  8. Navigate to your steam library, right click TF2, and select properties. Under "General", find "Launch Options" and add "-insecure".
  9. Start TF2 and create a server
  10. Open the console and run the command "sv_allow_point_servercommand always"
  11. Then run the command "sm plugins load unrestricted_fov"
  12. Then run the command "mp_restartgame 1"
  13. Now finally the mod is installed. Run the command "fov <fov number>" to change fov.

Sources:

Other notes:

• The default value of  "sv_allow_point_servercommand" is "official", if you want to disable the permissive mode after you are done testing.
14 hours ago, DPI Wizard said:

Can you link the mod so I can test it?

Forgot to directly quote to trigger an email notification, so doing it now.

Or maybe you already got an email notification because you're the owner, in which case, sorry.

• Wizard
On 3/7/2024 at 10:20 AM, KimiNoKataware said:
  1. Now finally the mod is installed. Run the command "fov <fov number>" to change fov.

I could not get the mod to work for some reason, everything seems to be installed, but the fov command does nothing.

image.png

Either way, I've updated the FOV range now as I can see from the source what the valid range is :)

• 1 month later...
On 3/10/2024 at 5:49 AM, DPI Wizard said:

I could not get the mod to work for some reason, everything seems to be installed, but the fov command does nothing.

image.png

Either way, I've updated the FOV range now as I can see from the source what the valid range is :)

I was messing around with the "mod" for about a month before I realized my mod also isn't doing anything - it appears the "fov" command exists and works out-of-the-box, provided "sv_cheats 1" is on.

@DPI Wizard Do you mind going back and checking? I suppose you'll have to go in and remove the bit about the mod regardless, as there's no proof it actually works anymore.

Thanks for the work, sorry for the misleading information.