Robin Hood - Sherwood Builders

See the game notes for instructions on how to reduce smoothing.
Read more...

Gas Station Simulator

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Mortal Shell

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Incursion Red River

The sensitivity slider is not accurate, expect some discrepancy. Use the config file for best accuracy.
Read more...

ONCE HUMAN

Hipfire added, more aims to come. See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Spec Ops: The Line

Replying to your post here so I stop cluttering up the request thread.

This is really interesting, thanks. When I first tested this I figured slowly turning 10 counts at a time was good enough, but now I see scripting a slower smooth movement can make you turn significantly less. That's plain old positive acceleration, which explains why you have the calculator putting out higher values.

Except... my results aren't consistent across sensitivities. Using even the slowest movement, at high sensitivity (1000 counts / 360) the calculator's value is still too high. But at lower sensitivity (10,000 counts / 360), turning slowly enough can make the calculator's value look way too low.

This is pretty mysterious to me, but my best guess is that it works as if there is a yaw of .00452, and then also some weird stuff happens at low speeds and low sensitivities. That could explain how the scoped weapons can sometimes have noticeable acceleration and jittery movement.

did you actually measure a difference with viewaccel on and off? it might only affect gamepads, because i don't notice it.

in MoH 2010 viewaccel also affected mouse input and it was very obvious.

also it would be really helpful to have support for m_targetingModeMouseViewScalePct= in the calculator as well.

Edited by stereo3D
  • Wizard
On 10/23/2018 at 7:23 PM, stereo3D said:

did you actually measure a difference with viewaccel on and off? it might only affect gamepads, because i don't notice it.

in MoH 2010 viewaccel also affected mouse input and it was very obvious.

also it would be really helpful to have support for m_targetingModeMouseViewScalePct= in the calculator as well.

No, didn't notice anything different in the measurements, only the smoothing had an effect. I included it in the info anyway in case it does something in certain cases since it seems to be mentioned everywhere. It seems to be in a gamepad portion of the config file indeed.

I take a look at m_targetingModeMouseViewScalePct.

have you fiddled with the in-game sliders? looks like they are additional multipliers for x- and y-axis.

not sure if it's worth adding support for them, but the notes should probably tell the user to leave them at default.

one big problem is that mouse movement at lower sensitivities gets ignored.

with MouseSensitivity=4.427166 and 1000 DPI it won't let me aim upwards unless i move the mouse pretty quickly.