My Friendly Neighborhood

There's a lot of negative acceleration with fast movements, expect some discrepancy.
Read more...

Steel Hunters

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

V Rising

Use the config file for best accuracy.
Read more...

Vigor

The sensitivity slider is not accurate, expect some discrepancy. Use the config file for best accuracy.
Read more...

MULLET MADJACK

The config file might use either comma (,) or period (.) as the decimal separator depending on your locale settings.
Read more...

"Aiming"

Also my own csgo should choose as the first game and always when I play new csgo on the new game with fov, etc. ... not even what I played last when I transfer of csgo on black ops 3 my sens everything and rainbow then do I have to choose anything for rainbow of csgo or black ops 3?

Most pros, and streamers for that matter, seem to choose a sensitivity based on what feels right or what they feel works for that type of game. Take shroud for example, his PUBG (30cm) and Blackout (35cm) sensitivies are a lot faster than what he uses in CS (47cm) just because he's found that it works best for him.

Anyways, it can be fun to compare sensitivities with pros but in the end I think everyone will agree that it's best to find that perfect sensitivity on your own. :)

I did not understand I should start playing low sens today or high sens some say high sens is stupid because it is not exactly but in 4 years there are certainly gaming mice that are suitable please help me should I with high sens or low sens if i want to be an athlete i like high sens and low sens i do not care i get used to it fast.

Low sens is for people who want instant results. The lower they go, the less they can potentially do. The sens ends up defining them as it prevents them playing certain games, certain roles, certain weapons, etc.

You also got to factor in hardware and peripheral choice, physical strain, RSI, energy requirements, sensitivity spread, etc.

Light mice and large mouse pads become a necessity. Muscles start to accumulate fatigue and stress due to no downtime in excessive movement. Playtime may decrease because one requires more energy to feel like playing. The holding of the mouse and style of motion stays the same past a certain point, making any sensitivity slower than that point a possibility. This causes a constant change of sensitivity, within a pretty large spread. Things like that.

Stick with a comfortable sens that you feel can accomplish anything given enough time practicing with it. With 4 years as a time frame, I wouldn't even consider falling into the low sens trap.

6 hours ago, Drimzi said:

Low sens is for people who want instant results. The lower they go, the less they can potentially do. The sens ends up defining them as it prevents them playing certain games, certain roles, certain weapons, etc.

You also got to factor in hardware and peripheral choice, physical strain, RSI, energy requirements, sensitivity spread, etc.

Light mice and large mouse pads become a necessity. Muscles start to accumulate fatigue and stress due to no downtime in excessive movement. Playtime may decrease because one requires more energy to feel like playing. The holding of the mouse and style of motion stays the same past a certain point, making any sensitivity slower than that point a possibility. This causes a constant change of sensitivity, within a pretty large spread. Things like that.

Stick with a comfortable sens that you feel can accomplish anything given enough time practicing with it. With 4 years as a time frame, I wouldn't even consider falling into the low sens trap.

I kind of agree on principle, but the fact all pros use low sense in CS for example, means using low sense in that game is most likely going to give you the best results long term.

Does not mean you use that low sense on other games, lots of games don't work with the 'same' sense, as you end up compromising across all games to have something 'in the middle'.

Edited by Snook_

Just out of curiosity what is generally considered a low sensitivity around here? To me a fast sensitivity is like 30cm and below and slow somewhere around 60cm and above if we're talking hipfire. When reading game specific forums however it seems that some people regard anything above 20cm or so as a low sensitivity so I just wanted to check if we're all on the same page as far as the definitions for low/mid/high sensitivity go. Somehow I feel we've already had this discussion but I couldn't find it so I'm not too sure.

49 minutes ago, iBerggman said:

Just out of curiosity what is generally considered a low sensitivity around here? To me a fast sensitivity is like 30cm and below and slow somewhere around 60cm and above if we're talking hipfire. When reading game specific forums however it seems that some people regard anything above 20cm or so as a low sensitivity so I just wanted to check if we're all on the same page as far as the definitions for low/mid/high sensitivity go. Somehow I feel we've already had this discussion but I couldn't find it so I'm not too sure.

Here's some objective data that we should probably all orient ourselves around. So pretty much around 35cm/360 is your median sensitivity for your hipfire (90 FOV 4:3 base).

Edited by potato psoas
52 minutes ago, potato psoas said:

Here's some objective data that we should probably all orient ourselves around. So pretty much around 35cm/360 is your median sensitivity for your hipfire (90 FOV 4:3 base).

Oh yeah that's the thread I seemed to remembered. It does actually somewhat line up with my thoughts as far as "best" sensitivity goes as well. The best I've ever played was with, I think it was a ~45cm/360 in siege at 74 fov and before that 30 something in BF3 and BF4 on the same fov. Nowadays I've used a slow 59cm because I found it worked better when there was a lot of downtime between sessions but now I'm thinking about trying to get it back down to at least that same 45cm because it does sometimes limit my gameplay a little as it is.

35cm is probably the best starting point because it has that nice balance between speed and accuracy as Drimzi said in that thread so that's probably something that could be mentioned in a "starters guide" if something like that ever becomes a thing, maybe as part of the wiki.

5 minutes ago, MuntyYy said:

I see, so you halved it since the last time I know. How's your hand ?

I think I was using a 36cm/360 last time. Pretty sure that's the lowest I've ever gone (converting from 1100DPI, 3/11WPS, 1680x1050 to everything else).

Yeah my hand is a lot better now. Had to take a break from playing properly for a while but I'll be getting back into it again pretty soon. :) Been playing the old BO2 Campaign cause I have OCD and have to complete all the Challenges for the achievement.