Twilight Town: A Cyberpunk FPS

Just added.
Read more...

Contain

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Vomitoreum

Just added.
Read more...

Double Action: Boogaloo

Just added.
Read more...

FOUNDRY

Just added!
Read more...

Self Improving from a high DPI to a lower DPI. LF advice

Hey everyone,

Just to expand off the title, I have ALWAYS played 1600 DPI for well over a decade now and have been looking to self improve my aim.

I want to make the switch slowly to an IN GAME SENSITIVITY (r6, Apex Legends) specific for someone playing on 800 DPI now that I have Kovaak's Aim trainer bought, but I am in between whether I should keep the same DPI (1600) and slowly lower my in game sens to something accustomed to 800 DPI. (reason being I am figuring that 800 DPI overall will be too slow to navigate regular web browsing and I am not a fan of having to switch the DPI in between from 800 to 1600 every time for just that)

OR

Just lower the DPI to 800. Keep in mind though, I own a FinalMouse Ultralight Pro. So I am unable to decrease the DPI by 100 each week, the set prefixes are 400/800/1600/2400. Also, I'm not wanting to go out and buy a new mouse for this.

If you did something similar to what I want to achieve doing, how did you find your natural sensitivity after being accustomed to a higher DPI on your main game? I have Kovaak's to practice and hone my own personalized sens over the course of the switch too. To be more specific, should I use 6 inches as a base 360 degree turn for a general marker for example.

Any advice or tips are appreciated, thanks for reading.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know the Dreammachines DM1 Pro S software worked for changing the dpi and polling rate for some of the Finalmouse models since both companies mice are manufactured by Motospeed but I don't know if the Ultralight Pro is one of those, might be worth doing some research on that if it's something you think could help.

But I don't think you really need that anyway since you can just lower the in game sensitivity which in my opinion is the better option in this case and would give you that fine tuning you're looking for. I'd recommend using a game with good decimal support as a base game and converting from that, lowering the sensitivity by say an inch/2.5cm at a time until you feel comfortable with the sensitivity. Also the dpi you use doesn't really affect anything since technically you can have the same exact sensitivity/cm360 on both 100dpi and 10000dpi.

On 3/11/2019 at 1:57 PM, iBerggman said:

I know the Dreammachines DM1 Pro S software worked for changing the dpi and polling rate for some of the Finalmouse models since both companies mice are manufactured by Motospeed but I don't know if the Ultralight Pro is one of those, might be worth doing some research on that if it's something you think could help.

But I don't think you really need that anyway since you can just lower the in game sensitivity which in my opinion is the better option in this case and would give you that fine tuning you're looking for. I'd recommend using a game with good decimal support as a base game and converting from that, lowering the sensitivity by say an inch/2.5cm at a time until you feel comfortable with the sensitivity. Also the dpi you use doesn't really affect anything since technically you can have the same exact sensitivity/cm360 on both 100dpi and 10000dpi.

Thanks, I'll keep the DM1 Pro S Software in mind if I end up changing my mind down the road.

I think your 2nd point there by reducing the sensitivity by an inch is what I will try to go with on Kovaak's. Week by week I'll try to reduce it and keep my DPI the same at 1600.

13 hours ago, KostyaLocal said:

If you have a palm grip, 800 dpi will be too high. You will need to change the grip type, this will take up to 2 weeks.

If not, just switch to 800 and work with windows.

I prefer claw grip my self. Since I'll be staying 1600 DPI while lowering my in-game sensitivity, would you recommend a different grip style?

6 hours ago, Pyroxia said:

I changed my 400 DPI to 1600 DPI and now I saw improvements on my aim I can track and aim better with 1600 DPI. Maybe its just placebo but I loved high DPI.

Yeah, generally I've always been at either 1600 DPI or 2400 DPI.

Although, 1600 has always given me my own best results in games like Quake, R6, OW, etc. It might just be placebo. Hahah

I went from 2600 dpi with ridicilous values ingame + mouse accelaration to 800 dpi and then to 400 which is what I'm using now, browsing on 800 is perfect, you will love it after a few days, I know it's preference, but it's browsing, it's not as important as in games, 400 dpi is a bit too slow, but I got used to it, you have more feel to the weapons with lower sens, much more "aimlock" moments, but don't go too low, find a good enough 800 dpi sens for you, what feels comfy and just try it, you can be much more precise, your limit is where your hands starts to hurt, if you're a wrist aimer go low enough so it stays wrist, don't use arm to aim, that shit hurts if you're new to it, if you have skill in your wrist, use it

30 minutes ago, KostyaLocal said:

No, claw and fingertip grips are good for low senses. 

I have about 70cm/360 on CS and i'm palm, every grip can be good, there are so many factors, it's not like one grip is better than another. As for personal preference, i think claw and fingertip are AWFUL for really low sensitivities. I feel much more in control with my palm grip. Might be completely different for someone else 😉

So the right answer is: use the grip that you're comfortable with

Edited by Rec0il
21 hours ago, howtobuildpls said:

I went from 2600 dpi with ridicilous values ingame + mouse accelaration to 800 dpi and then to 400 which is what I'm using now, browsing on 800 is perfect, you will love it after a few days, I know it's preference, but it's browsing, it's not as important as in games, 400 dpi is a bit too slow, but I got used to it, you have more feel to the weapons with lower sens, much more "aimlock" moments, but don't go too low, find a good enough 800 dpi sens for you, what feels comfy and just try it, you can be much more precise, your limit is where your hands starts to hurt, if you're a wrist aimer go low enough so it stays wrist, don't use arm to aim, that shit hurts if you're new to it, if you have skill in your wrist, use it

Also I went back to 800 dpi today cause this sens was arm aiming, but I didn't really think about it, I was looking at the ease of precision, so my point is stay wrist

7 часов назад, Rec0il сказал:

I have about 70cm/360 on CS and i'm palm, every grip can be good, there are so many factors, it's not like one grip is better than another. As for personal preference, i think claw and fingertip are AWFUL for really low sensitivities. I feel much more in control with my palm grip. Might be completely different for someone else 😉

I think it's not a normal, dude. Did you using special "device" for hand or is it hanging in the air?