Gray Zone Warfare

Use the config file for best accuracy.
Read more...

World of Shooting

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Robin Hood - Sherwood Builders

See the game notes for instructions on how to reduce smoothing.
Read more...

Gas Station Simulator

Read more...

Mortal Shell

Read more...

Clarification About the Aim and FOV Type Drop Downs

Been using the calculator pretty heavily, and while I may not understand all of the underlying math, I'm getting to a point where I'm pretty good at understanding the input and output with 2 exceptions:

1) Aim dropdown. I understand that, generally speaking, ADS and scoped weapons by their very nature reduce the field of view, and can therefore screw up 360 distance calculations (which is why you use 0% monitor distance, etc.)

My assumption when using the calculator is that using options like "All", "Hipfire" or "All w/ADS" means that hipfire sensitivity will be matched between games, and that the sensitivity will scale down and be the same at the smaller fields of view in scopes and ADS

Are the other settings (ADS for specific weapons, scopes etc) normally useful? Would there be a reason to try to convert my hipfire to a scoped sensitivity? Is this something that people who play primarily ADS games do?

2) FOV Type. It doesn't seem like FOV type is a setting available in most games. What do the options mean? Is the calculator defaulting to what it understands that game's FOV type to be?  Why is the dropdown available if it can't be configured from game to game? I have no idea what to make of the options there.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Wizard
22 minutes ago, nielsenrc said:

1) Aim dropdown. I understand that, generally speaking, ADS and scoped weapons by their very nature reduce the field of view, and can therefore screw up 360 distance calculations (which is why you use 0% monitor distance, etc.)

My assumption when using the calculator is that using options like "All", "Hipfire" or "All w/ADS" means that hipfire sensitivity will be matched between games, and that the sensitivity will scale down and be the same at the smaller fields of view in scopes and ADS

Are the other settings (ADS for specific weapons, scopes etc) normally useful? Would there be a reason to try to convert my hipfire to a scoped sensitivity? Is this something that people who play primarily ADS games do?

When you select an "All" option, everything will be matched to the hipfire sensitivity of the game you convert from. The only reason not to use this is if your aim preference is not achievable with the conversion methods available. It's highly recommended to use the "All" option however, as it makes conversion mathematically sane and consistent. People are different though, so some prefer other matches.

If you can't match your preference with the conversion methods, you need to do the calculations in (at least) two steps. First convert hipfire to hipfire, then convert ADS to ADS (or Scope to Scope) using the previously calculated hipfire sensitivity if the game uses that for ADS/Scope.

The separate aim selections are also useful for finding out the FOV of a specific aim, as this will be shown in the "Actual HFOV" and VFOV in the output.

22 minutes ago, nielsenrc said:

2) FOV Type. It doesn't seem like FOV type is a setting available in most games. What do the options mean? Is the calculator defaulting to what it understands that game's FOV type to be?  Why is the dropdown available if it can't be configured from game to game? I have no idea what to make of the options there.

No games other than some aim trainers give you the option to change FOV Type in the game. The reason for the option to change is that it also works as a converter. If you want the same FOV in Apex as in BFV, you simply change the FOV Type for Apex to Vdeg (because that's what BFV uses) and enter the exact same value as you have in BFV. The output will show you the Config FOV for Apex that you need to configure to match the FOV.

image.png