Arena Breakout: Infinite

Hipfire is added, aims coming soon!
Read more...

Project L33T

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Twilight Town: A Cyberpunk FPS

Just added.
Read more...

Contain

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Vomitoreum

Just added.
Read more...

How to scale correctly to get same sens on 1440p and 1080p?

I used to use 1080p with 400 dpi and my monitor is now 1440p but I dont want change my dpi. Is 133% the correct scale ratio for me to go? I mean, its like 1440/1080=1.33333333 right?

Is there anyway that I can get more accurate scale than 133%? like 133.33333%

• 11 months later...

I know I'm late to the party, but may I ask why it doesn't matter having the same DPI from 1080p to 1440p in 3D games? All the answers to this topic are melting my brain.

I have a 1440p Monitor and I'm wondering if I can copy the DPI settings from Pro Players that are playing on 1080p. I hope someone can explain me how the calculations work.

• Wizard
6 minutes ago, Dravenex said:

I know I'm late to the party, but may I ask why it doesn't matter having the same DPI from 1080p to 1440p in 3D games? All the answers to this topic are melting my brain.

I have a 1440p Monitor and I'm wondering if I can copy the DPI settings from Pro Players that are playing on 1080p. I hope someone can explain me how the calculations work.

The only thing that changes is the pixel density. How far, fast and accurate you turn stays the same. 

• Wizard
1 minute ago, Dravenex said:

Wow, thanks for the fast answer. Just discovered this great website.

So, why is there a 133% ratio on 2D games or Desktop? The pixels are the same, or not?

It's based on distance, not actual pixels. Although 0% would be exactly 1 pixel per count for both (assuming you convert between the same resolution), any other percentage is just the physical distance. MDV 133% is in other words 133% the vertical distance from the crosshair to the top of the screen. Or for 16:9 this equals 75% of the horizontal distance between the crosshair and the left or right edge :)

• 1 year later...
  • Wizard
1 minute ago, B3lzak said:

Would it be the same in 3440x1440 (21:9) aspect ratio

If you convert from a different aspect ratio (like 16:9) it depends on the game and what you want to achieve.

When you convert between different aspect ratios you have to choose if you want to conserve the sensitivity vertically or horizontally, the 360 distance or the tracking distance.

A lot of factor play in here, including the game's FOV type, how it scales to aspect ratio and resolution. However you don't have to worry about any of this as long as you enter the correct values into the calculator. It will take all of this into account and give you the correct sensitivity based on your settings.

On 4/6/2022 at 1:41 PM, DPI Wizard said:

If you convert from a different aspect ratio (like 16:9) it depends on the game and what you want to achieve.

When you convert between different aspect ratios you have to choose if you want to conserve the sensitivity vertically or horizontally, the 360 distance or the tracking distance.

A lot of factor play in here, including the game's FOV type, how it scales to aspect ratio and resolution. However you don't have to worry about any of this as long as you enter the correct values into the calculator. It will take all of this into account and give you the correct sensitivity based on your settings.

what is these settings, I know they can change from person to person, but is there some general layout that produces similar sens regarding aspect ratio, dpi and so on?

• Wizard
On 4/14/2022 at 7:04 AM, Nick said:

what is these settings, I know they can change from person to person, but is there some general layout that produces similar sens regarding aspect ratio, dpi and so on?

If you use any of the vertical conversions (monitor distance, viewspeed or jedi's trick vertical), you will keep the sensitivity consistent for the vertical axis (obviously). What this means though, is that if you go from 16:9 to 21:9, the 16:9 portion of your new 21:9 monitor will stay the same.

7 hours ago, DPI Wizard said:

If you use any of the vertical conversions (monitor distance, viewspeed or jedi's trick vertical), you will keep the sensitivity consistent for the vertical axis (obviously). What this means though, is that if you go from 16:9 to 21:9, the 16:9 portion of your new 21:9 monitor will stay the same.

I see, even hipfire, because I always used 360 distance? I also used the vertical method its feels better compared to horizontal :)