Arena Breakout: Infinite

Hipfire is added, aims coming soon!
Read more...

Project L33T

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Twilight Town: A Cyberpunk FPS

Just added.
Read more...

Contain

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Vomitoreum

Just added.
Read more...

A feature to FOV match as close as possible, given the engine supports granular adjustments (multiple decimals), such as Multi. Since many variables such as pixel density and aspect ratios can influence the exactness of FOV matching. Possible changes include a copy and/or more decimal points shown to the user.

15 hours ago, DPI Wizard said:

You can already do this with 4/6 decimal precision. Just change the FOV Type for the game and enter what you want to convert from, then change FOV Type to the output type. The field will update with the converted FOV value.

Thanks for the reply. I think I am looking for something slightly different, I wanted to manipulate config FOV to make up for Actual FOV discrepancies. I use an alternative 0% sensitivity conversion that also determines my angular sensitivity. Say in this hypothetical pixel division of the Horizontal Resolution 2560 / 1.666*** is 1536 x 864, divides perfectly, although I still do not know my exact FOV, ~106.26. If I divide 2560 twice I get a floating value and need to round everything off. 922 x 518 with 89.93 config fov is 106.26 ... close enough but not exact.

The matching error rate is up to 1.0002727411292148626%, and since my angular sensitivity is also tied to FOV, my angular sensitivity error rate is also double that percent. This is worst case scenario, and I do understand that the error rate of a small value is insignificant.

Is this what you are after?

horizontal (4:3) degrees to vertical degrees

(360 * atan(tan((90 * pi/180)/2)/(4/3)))/pi = ~73.74

horizontal (4:3) degrees to horizontal degrees

(360 * atan(2560/1440 * tan((90 * pi/180)/2)/(4/3)))/pi = ~106.26

(360 * atan(1536/864 * tan((90 * pi/180)/2)/(4/3)))/pi = ~106.26

(360 * atan(922/518 * tan((90 * pi/180)/2)/(4/3)))/pi = ~106.33

horizontal (4:3) degrees required for horizontal degrees

(360 * atan(4/3 * tan((horizontaldegrees * pi/180)/2)/(aspectratio)))/pi

(360 * atan(4/3 * tan((((360 * atan(2560/1440 * tan((90 * pi/180)/2)/(4/3)))/pi) * pi/180)/2)/(922/518)))/pi = ~89.93

1 hour ago, Drimzi said:

Is this what you are after?

horizontal (4:3) degrees to vertical degrees

(360 * atan(tan((90 * pi/180)/2)/(4/3)))/pi = ~73.74

horizontal (4:3) degrees to horizontal degrees

(360 * atan(2560/1440 * tan((90 * pi/180)/2)/(4/3)))/pi = ~106.26

(360 * atan(1536/864 * tan((90 * pi/180)/2)/(4/3)))/pi = ~106.26

(360 * atan(922/518 * tan((90 * pi/180)/2)/(4/3)))/pi = ~106.33

horizontal (4:3) degrees required for horizontal degrees

(360 * atan(4/3 * tan((horizontaldegrees * pi/180)/2)/(aspectratio)))/pi

(360 * atan(4/3 * tan((((360 * atan(2560/1440 * tan((90 * pi/180)/2)/(4/3)))/pi) * pi/180)/2)/(922/518)))/pi = ~89.93

It is what I am looking for, to calculate the FOV as a Float, or expose rounded values.

Thanks for posting this.

• Wizard
1 hour ago, hohn said:

It is what I am looking for, to calculate the FOV as a Float, or expose rounded values.

Thanks for posting this.

If you use the Hdeg Res option and enter what you want the actual FOV to be, you'll get this result:

image.png

And if you switch FOV Type back to Hdeg 4:3 you'll get 4 decimals:

image.png

6 hours ago, DPI Wizard said:

If you use the Hdeg Res option and enter what you want the actual FOV to be, you'll get this result:

image.png

And if you switch FOV Type back to Hdeg 4:3 you'll get 4 decimals:

image.png

If I am converting FOV from a game like Quake Champions to something like Dusk would I convert it like Hdeg Res -> Hdeg 16:9 if I used that specific aspect ratio? 

• Wizard
48 minutes ago, slime said:

If I am converting FOV from a game like Quake Champions to something like Dusk would I convert it like Hdeg Res -> Hdeg 16:9 if I used that specific aspect ratio? 

If you want to have the same FOV in both games, select the same FOV Type and enter the same value, then check the Config FOV in the output.

Like in this example:

image.png

27 minutes ago, DPI Wizard said:

If you want to have the same FOV in both games, select the same FOV Type and enter the same value, then check the Config FOV in the output.

Like in this example:

image.png

So to clarify I should always use Hdeg 4:3 when converting FOVs from game to game? 

• Wizard
2 minutes ago, slime said:

So to clarify I should always use Hdeg 4:3 when converting FOVs from game to game? 

Not necessarily, it's easiest to use the default FOV Type (which is automatically selected when you choose the game in the list) from the game you are converting from.

If the default is a multiplier use Hdeg Res instead.

14 minutes ago, DPI Wizard said:

Not necessarily, it's easiest to use the default FOV Type (which is automatically selected when you choose the game in the list) from the game you are converting from.

Thank you.

15 minutes ago, DPI Wizard said:

When I am trying to convert Quake Legends 110 FOV to Apex Legends using Hdeg Res it just tells me to use 110 FOV which if I understand correctly that isn't the case. How do I properly use it? Or should I stick to multi with Apex Legends specifically

• Wizard
3 minutes ago, slime said:

When I am trying to convert Quake Legends 110 FOV to Apex Legends using Hdeg Res it just tells me to use 110 FOV which if I understand correctly that isn't the case. How do I properly use it? Or should I stick to multi with Apex Legends specifically

It should tell you that the Config FOV for Apex is 94.865375. Using multiplier for the config file is better though, as this exact value is impossible to set in-game.

image.png