Arena Breakout: Infinite

Hipfire is added, aims coming soon!
Read more...

Project L33T

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Twilight Town: A Cyberpunk FPS

Just added.
Read more...

Contain

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Vomitoreum

Just added.
Read more...

100% vs 0% Personal opinions

I've been doing some testing with both of these percentages and I just feel like the two mm's effect your play style quite a bit on low sen, on some games 0% is to low. I wanted some opinions on if I should use 100% instead because of this?

Edited by Equaus
54 minutes ago, Equaus said:

I've been doing some testing with both of these percentages and I just feel like the two mm's effect your play style quite a bit on low sen, on some games 0% is to low. I wanted some opinions on if I should use 100% instead because of this?

short answer is keep using 0%le memory you gain from holmm and try using a higher fov in order to fix that the overall muscding onto 0% actually is more than useable the great thing about 0% is that no matter what you swap /fov aspect ratio or even game your brain knows how to aim properly that is something 100% isnt always able to 

1 minute ago, fortunate reee said:

short answer is keep using 0%le memory you gain from holmm and try using a higher fov in order to fix that the overall muscding onto 0% actually is more than useable the great thing about 0% is that no matter what you swap /fov aspect ratio or even game your brain knows how to aim properly that is something 100% isnt always able to 

It is usable but it effects my aim style (flicky) as it is to low, but still I might do what you say

3 minutes ago, Equaus said:

It is usable but it effects my aim style (flicky) as it is to low, but still I might do what you say

idk what game you are playing but i had some issues with dauntless(the fov slider did not work base was 80 horizontal so the 360 distance was around 40/50cm ) been vocal about the fov and today there is going to be a patch enabling the fov slider 

if you can change your games fov you migyht be able to get the sense a bit faster, alternatively you could try mix of arm / wrist aiming in that game that should compensate the low sense

Edited by fortunate reee
1 minute ago, fortunate reee said:

idk what game you are playing but i had some issues with dauntless(the fov slider did not work base was 80 horizontal so the 360 distance was around 40/50cm ) been vocal about the fov and today there is going to be a patch enabling the fov slider 

if you can change your games fov you migyht be able to get the sense a bit faster

I generally try to keep it around 103 fov, but most games allow up to 80 for hip. I don't know maybe I'll increase my ads sens in general then convert as I haven't build up much muscle memory since using the site xd

Just now, Equaus said:

I generally try to keep it around 103 fov, but most games allow up to 80 for hip. I don't know maybe I'll increase my ads sens in general then convert as I haven't build up much muscle memory since using the site xd

image.png.87baf569110601c97de935af3ec56199.png

this is pretty much the best way to let your brain build up its own kind of muscle memory that ignores fov/aspect ratio

3 minutes ago, fortunate reee said:

image.png.87baf569110601c97de935af3ec56199.png

this is pretty much the best way to let your brain build up its own kind of muscle memory that ignores fov/aspect ratio

For hipfire I"m going to use 360, the difference is too high or to low in some games. Yeah you and everyone seems to like 0%, I think I'll just continue to use it 

you could give hipfire matching 0% a try one day it is really nice for tracking (and flicking close to the crosshair) 

btw the 360 distance will still be the exact same when you got the exact fov in both games it just diverts from it if you got a changed fov/ aspect ratio to compensate ,for movement 360hip  is nice tho so either should do you fine i like using 360 distance for 3rd person games and 0% matching  for fps

ironic enough but it took me to overdo the whole 360 thing by awping with 360 distance / having all of my scopes be equal to my hipfire before i swapped and messed up my aim for a day or so before i started to see some actual progress

Edited by fortunate reee
21 minutes ago, fortunate reee said:

you could give hipfire matching 0% a try one day it is really nice for tracking (and flicking close to the crosshair) 

btw the 360 distance will still be the exact same when you got the exact fov in both games it just diverts from it if you got a changed fov/ aspect ratio to compensate ,for movement 360hip  is nice tho so either should do you fine i like using 360 distance for 3rd person games and 0% matching  for fps

ironic enough but it took me to overdo the whole 360 thing by awping with 360 distance / having all of my scopes be equal to my hipfire before i swapped and messed up my aim for a day or so before i started to see some actual progress

Yeah exactly what I did, I was matching 360 for snipers I was so confused to why I felt so fast but yeah thanks for your advice, maybe I"ll try 0% for hipfire but not for now

0% is naturally easier to adjust for and the whole website was initially based on that muscle memory of 0%. I would stick with that until further data shows otherwise. At the same time, my anecdotal studies on pro players and semi-pro players show that you can get used to anything be it linear acceleration, quadratic acceleration, no acceleration, low DPI, high DPI, and different FOVs. With that said, consistency is key and as long as the acceleration is consistent (not packet losses), you will get accuracy.

Being able to adjust to anything is kind of a bad argument though, isn't it? I mean it's true but on the other hand we wouldn't need the calculator if it was that easy, right? I honestly don't think anyone argues that you can't get used to anything, even 360/cm matching for every fov, but the point of the calculator in my opinion anyway is that it allows you to get used to any game you want much quicker than doing it by feel. Whether you use 0% or 100% technically doesn't matter as long as it allows you to easily transfer between games. In the end no method is perfect and you still have to get used to all the different field of views in each game anyway so you just have to choose a scaling method and stick with it. 0% is as mentioned the most mathematically correct though so that's probably your best bet unless it doesn't work at all for you.

i think 0mm is great for transferring sensitivity from game A to game B if the fov's are more or less the same, for me thats the only usefull thing about 0%mm

In a game where u have a lot of different scopes where your fov can move from 103 to 70 to 40 to 20 to 10 like pubg  (not sure if its the correct fov, just to get the idea) , 0mm is actually something i started to dislike and never use it anymore

i more and more believe that A. sensitivity is all personal preference (duh) and B. every scope has its own sensitivity anyways, whether it is 0mm or 100mm and therefor set the sense in the same game to something that makes it easier for you to aim with that scope. it can even be 239823%mm if that makes it easier for you to control recoil and aim.

in pubg more and more pro players are using a different vertical sense, like ranging from a 1.17 - 1.8 multiplier. s1mple uses 75% mm in csgo and is a god. it doesnt matter at all imho if you look at scope sensitivities in the same game.

Sure, when you look at the math 0mm is the way to go. but going from 103fov to 20 fov with 0mm is such a big difference that i feel 0mm is really the same as 100mm. muscle memory from 103fov to 20fov with 0mm, i don't see it. in a world where you will never see the same image with a scope as zoomed out, it just doesnt feel ok to me. it might be the best option, but for me it just hinders me in controlling recoil, tracking and target switching.

I tried 0mm a very long time in pubg, i perform way better with monitor matches between lets say 50 and 100 or with no match at all and just tweaking per scope.

Edited by sammymanny
28 minutes ago, iBerggman said:

Being able to adjust to anything is kind of a bad argument though, isn't it? I mean it's true but on the other hand we wouldn't need the calculator if it was that easy, right? I honestly don't think anyone argues that you can't get used to anything, even 360/cm matching for every fov, but the point of the calculator in my opinion anyway is that it allows you to get used to any game you want much quicker than doing it by feel. Whether you use 0% or 100% technically doesn't matter as long as it allows you to easily transfer between games. In the end no method is perfect and you still have to get used to all the different field of views in each game anyway so you just have to choose a scaling method and stick with it. 0% is as mentioned the most mathematically correct though so that's probably your best bet unless it doesn't work at all for you.

I know that 100% will feel different on different aspect ratios but when actually using it in the calculator what changes to I need to make in relation to size aspect ratio and resolution

14 hours ago, iBerggman said:

For sniping on split gate, it takes 459.6545 cm, which is just to low to use with my flickly play-style, what exactly happens to the sens when you change aspect ratio or monitor size? I"m thinking of using 0% for ak and other similar weapons and 100% with more zoomed weapons like snipers

0% basicly negates the different speeds coming from varying fov/aspectratios and unifies your aim i have little experience with mixing 0% with higher values across multiple scopes but id assume that this might fck with your brain ( no other way to tell unless you check it ) for me it says ,(check below), and i am already using a relatively low base sense 35.7832cm at 90 fov 4:3 hdeg this is the one downfall of low sense in combination with 0% 

309.9836 cm

13 minutes ago, fortunate reee said:

0% basicly negates the different speeds coming from varying fov/aspectratios and unifies your aim i have little experience with mixing 0% with higher values across multiple scopes but id assume that this might fck with your brain ( no other way to tell unless you check it ) for me it says ,(check below), and i am already using a relatively low base sense 35.7832cm at 90 fov 4:3 hdeg this is the one downfall of low sense in combination with 0% 

wait who'd you quote?

7 hours ago, Equaus said:

For sniping on split gate, it takes 459.6545 cm, which is just to low to use with my flickly play-style, what exactly happens to the sens when you change aspect ratio or monitor size? I"m thinking of using 0% for ak and other similar weapons and 100% with more zoomed weapons like snipers

I would advise against mixing matching methods since in that case you don't really have any sort of consistent scaling between fovs. Converting from your base game to the converted games hipfire is pretty much the only scenario were you might want to try a different method, 360/cm should even work pretty well, especially if you're converting to a TPP game since the" correct" conversion often ends up feeling too slow. However from hipfire to all the other aims in the converted game I'd stick to using only one method so you get consistent scaling. It is worth noting though that if low fovs feel too slow on 0% using a faster hipfire is only going to make the difference bigger and as such exaggerate the "issue".

Have you tried using vertical 100%/horizontal 56.25% for everything? 

On 28/07/2019 at 00:38, iBerggman said:

I would advise against mixing matching methods since in that case you don't really have any sort of consistent scaling between fovs. Converting from your base game to the converted games hipfire is pretty much the only scenario were you might want to try a different method, 360/cm should even work pretty well, especially if you're converting to a TPP game since the" correct" conversion often ends up feeling too slow. However from hipfire to all the other aims in the converted game I'd stick to using only one method so you get consistent scaling. It is worth noting though that if low fovs feel too slow on 0% using a faster hipfire is only going to make the difference bigger and as such exaggerate the "issue".

Have you tried using vertical 100%/horizontal 56.25% for everything? 

some games use 56.25 to actually measure it such as krunker so the sens doesn't actually change on different fov's like the following:

Tesing 76% 2.2740 eg 1.72824 360/cm
monitor matching 56.25% for ads
{
Krunker- 
hipfire fov: 103
Rev-
Rev sens based of kovaaks(fov=73.57142857142857):1.7242938
sens matcher: 0.0379345 (rough)
sens ingame:0.386218
Ak-
Ak sens based on of kovaaks(fov=64.375): 1.5087572 
sens matcher: 0.0331927 (rough)
sens ingame: 0.386218
}
I would like to use 56.25 or 100% verical but I don't entirely understand what it's doing, what's the difference between the two and how does it do on different resolutions?

2 hours ago, Equaus said:

some games use 56.25 to actually measure it such as krunker so the sens doesn't actually change on different fov's like the following:

Tesing 76% 2.2740 eg 1.72824 360/cm
monitor matching 56.25% for ads
{
Krunker- 
hipfire fov: 103
Rev-
Rev sens based of kovaaks(fov=73.57142857142857):1.7242938
sens matcher: 0.0379345 (rough)
sens ingame:0.386218
Ak-
Ak sens based on of kovaaks(fov=64.375): 1.5087572 
sens matcher: 0.0331927 (rough)
sens ingame: 0.386218
}
I would like to use 56.25 or 100% verical but I don't entirely understand what it's doing, what's the difference between the two and how does it do on different resolutions?

if krunker is the game that you play the most and you want to play this game using all scopes it has without limiting your muscle memory then using that aim might be right for , in generally 0%monitor distance is a good choice especially if the games you play offer different multiplier for different scopes ,or you prefer using 1 scope (me r6 siege 1xscopes with 0%md because there is only 1 multiplier) 

17 hours ago, fortunate reee said:

if krunker is the game that you play the most and you want to play this game using all scopes it has without limiting your muscle memory then using that aim might be right for , in generally 0%monitor distance is a good choice especially if the games you play offer different multiplier for different scopes ,or you prefer using 1 scope (me r6 siege 1xscopes with 0%md because there is only 1 multiplier) 

Yeah I think I'll go with 0%, I'll have to think about sniper alittle but one of my other questions was about fov, if you have the same "config fov" in the calculator does it mean that it will be the same like the following:

arethesethesamefov..PNG