MULLET MADJACK

The config file might use either comma (,) or period (.) as the decimal separator depending on your locale settings.
Read more...

Combat Champions

All aims use the same sensitivity setting, choose the sensitivity for the aim you prefer to be matched.
Read more...

Ghost of Tsushima DIRECTOR'S CUT

The sensitivity and FOV changes depending on certain actions and where you are (indoor etc). The calculations are for the view when you move around outdoor.
Read more...

Russian Fishing 4

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Arena Breakout: Infinite

Hipfire is added, aims coming soon!
Read more...

What does Auto-Scale in Kovaaks do?

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks man you are a beast with this stuff! Really apprerciate everything you do!

I always use MDH 0%  for everything including hipfire as it's what makes aim feel natural across games for me. Often I get to alpha and beta test FPS games and I wondered is there measurement / method (literally a ruler on mousemat or something and turning in game) that can be used to get an accurate MDH 0% if I don't know the FOV etc on games that aren't available yet publicly. It would massively help when testing stuff?

• Wizard
2 hours ago, BobTheBuilder12 said:

Often I get to alpha and beta test FPS games and I wondered is there measurement / method (literally a ruler on mousemat or something and turning in game) that can be used to get an accurate MDH 0% if I don't know the FOV etc on games that aren't available yet publicly. It would massively help when testing stuff?

If you have a Logitech G mouse or keyboard with G buttons you can measure this using scripts. Other brands have scripting too, but I only have experience with Logitech. That's mainly how I analyze games and reverse-engineer sensitivity formulas, FOV and even FOV multipliers. It can be tricky though, if the game have any sort of acceleration or smoothing the results will be skewed, so scripts have to be fine-tuned to negate these effects if possible. Measuring FOV can also be quite tricky especially for 3rd person, but also for those 1st person games where the camera is slightly behind or in front of the center of rotation.

Could you point me in the right direction, I need something so if I'm at an event playing a brand new game with no knowledge of different scope or hipfire FOV or mouse sensitivity settings I can get pretty close to MDH 0% on everything including hipfire for the above. Realistically the only thing I can probably use is a ruler to measure mousemat distance. Obviously 360degree turns do nothing if MDH 0% is the measurement for hipfire as well. 

I can't just measure mouse movement to edge of screen (literally aligning right edge with something obvious in game and then rotating mouse until centre reaches that), as MDH 0% doesn't work like that? For a high fov (like hipfire 106 hdeg16:9) it's going to be less distance (like 4.3cm for the above settings) and for a lower fov (like sniper scope 53 fov hdeg16:9) it's going to be greater distance (perhaps up to 6cm) .

What measurement is accurate across fovs for MDH 0% that can be done with a ruler (is there a certain distance rotation on the screen that is always the same mouse movement distance regardless of FOV?)

(If there is no system, I guess the only way is to take a list of mouse measurements for common FOVs like 106 (csgo / apex) 103 (pubg / overwatch) 80 (fornite) etc. and know the mouse mat rotation distance to edge of screen for them. Difficult for scoped sights but I guess then I can guestimate.)

Do you have a link to a script for logitech mice that would help?

Edited by BobTheBuilder12
  • Wizard

Knowing the FOV of both hipfire and scope is crucial, MDH 0% is a multiplier based on this as a result of the formula in your first post.

So if you know both FOV's and the 360 distance for hipfire, you can calculate the correct 360 distance for the scope.

You can use the calculator for this like so:

image.png

So if you know the 360 distance for hipfire is 12 inches, the FOV is 90 Hdeg 4:3 and the scope FOV is 53 Hdeg Res (you can mix and match FOV types), the scope should be 32 inches to be MDH 0%. Note that you can't necessarily just use the sensitivity multiplier (12/32=0.375) and use it directly on the sensitivity value like in this example. A lot of games do not scale linearly like this.

Regarding scripts, here's an example that binds to the back side-button on most G mice:

function OnEvent(event, arg)
	if (event == "MOUSE_BUTTON_PRESSED" and arg == 4) then
		for i = 0, 99 do
			MoveMouseRelative(10,0)
			Sleep(2)
		end
	end
end

What this does is to move the mouse 10 counts to the right (MoveMouseRelative(10,0)) 100 times (for i = 0, 99 do) with a 2 ms delay between each report (Sleep(2)).

The script is only able to send a count size of maximum 127 counts.