My Friendly Neighborhood

There's a lot of negative acceleration with fast movements, expect some discrepancy.
Read more...

Steel Hunters

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

V Rising

Use the config file for best accuracy.
Read more...

Vigor

The sensitivity slider is not accurate, expect some discrepancy. Use the config file for best accuracy.
Read more...

MULLET MADJACK

The config file might use either comma (,) or period (.) as the decimal separator depending on your locale settings.
Read more...

rainbow 6 siege FOV type changed to H4:3 from vertical degrees?!!

So as I always test the calculator result to confirm it, always gave me accurate results on vertical degrees (last time i checked it maybe 2 weeks ago or more)

but yesterday I measured it and got off readings cuz i felt it..went back to the calculator. it gave me what i should and always got

then I used 4:3 fov equivalent and used it in-game and got exact measurements!

the thing is when did ubisoft changed it?! and why and does anyone else know about it

its not even accurate i have to use 89 fov in-game to get what 90 H4:3 fov give me 😕...btw I use 16:9 aspect ratio

ubisoft ..how bad it can be

@DPI Wizard confirm it bro

Edited by TeknoDoc

but i always measure like that in all my games bf1 r6 siege overwatch cod4 all gave the exact measurements by close to the wall (that's because the chord vs arc difference right?)

oh its look like Im a newbie in this

is it a coincidence that my new sens fit 4:3h fov readings to close objects? cuz i changed to it 3 days ago

how to get universal sens to all objects?

• Wizard

Some games have the camera directly in the center of rotation, then it doesn't matter how you measure. But as soon as it is a little bit in front or behind you'll need to measure against object further away. The extreme case is obviously third person where the camera is far behind the center, and to measure the FOV you need to do it against object ideally kilometers away in-game.

The match with 4:3 is actually a coincidence yes :)

• 2 years later...
On 8/30/2019 at 3:53 PM, DPI Wizard said:

Just checked now to be sure, and it's still vertical degrees. I can't measure any discrepancy either, it's pretty much spot on what it should be.

What exactly is the issue you are having? What numbers and what measurements doesn't line up?

yeah and every battlefield has vertical fov too but it uses hdeg 4:3 fov type what isnt vdeg at all so it so misleading to people who doesnt know that, and its so annoying when so many places doesnt understand that. The  new bf2042 has vertical fov and people tell 74 is 106 hor in the game when its actually 90fov 106 hor in battleifelds, like how is it so hard to understand that you cant get 140 hor fov in a game, battlefields fov is up to 105 but its on hdeg 4:3 and this calculator puts it on vdeg when trying to calculate sens, so pls fix it. BTW every fucking battlefield has 55-105 fov and it shows 90=106 hor dumbasses

Edited by Zimba