Arena Breakout: Infinite

Hipfire is added, aims coming soon!
Read more...

Project L33T

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Twilight Town: A Cyberpunk FPS

Just added.
Read more...

Contain

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Vomitoreum

Just added.
Read more...

nvidia low latency mode

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, onuyon said:

what you guys think about low latency mode is it worth it ?

{NULL=nvidia ulltra low latency } no point guessing if there are facts, although i like to have it on "on" since that is what most games default on regardless 

off=most fps /most input lag (not significant) 

on=1 frame max que (fewer fps less input lag )

ultra = "real time" render (least fps +least input lag , might cause frame drops in some games )

this option is just a re branded max pre rendered frames options we had before 

image.png.4290a1c03caf22f9c7c4ea0811d73252.png

image.png.d5c74be150b5d4d2816f30b827c7cfda.png

image.png.472229c73bcdffc797f2d74228f08f88.png

these are my current settings for fps ,might change the max fps option because of gsync / cross game fps lock if it has less input lag than nvidia inspector / rivatuner 

Edited by fortunate reee
Guest ZSfGuBcu

the ultra settings makes most of my games stutter pretty bad , however the funny thing is that if you get the nvidia profile inspector you can change this option like old times with a wider range ... if i'm not mistaking the max pre-rendered frames goes from 1-7 . 

49 minutes ago, fortunate reee said:

watch the video i shared and set it to what matches your systems performance 

Weirdly, if your GPU is regularly being utilized over 98% you get pretty sizable input lag just from that. Typically the equation is more fps = less input lag, but this changes based on the utilization of your GPU.

"Smoothest" experience with least input lag = Gsync, Max Pre-Rendered Frames = 1 (Or "On" for ultra low latency), Framerate locked with and in-game limiter at an FPS you can maintain 99% of the time WHILE at the same time never utilizing your GPU at 98% or above.

TL:DR below, but there is a lot of depth to this question. Ultra low latency mode cause stuttering in many games. RTSS is still the gold standard for FPS limiters as well.

G-SYNC @240Hz:
G-SYNC + NVCP V-SYNC “On” + Low Latency Mode “On” + 237 FPS in-game limit

Standalone V-SYNC OFF @240Hz:
G-SYNC off + V-SYNC off + Low Latency Mode “Ultra” + uncapped

1 hour ago, Bryjoe said:

Weirdly, if your GPU is regularly being utilized over 98% you get pretty sizable input lag just from that. Typically the equation is more fps = less input lag, but this changes based on the utilization of your GPU.

"Smoothest" experience with least input lag = Gsync, Max Pre-Rendered Frames = 1 (Or "On" for ultra low latency), Framerate locked with and in-game limiter at an FPS you can maintain 99% of the time WHILE at the same time never utilizing your GPU at 98% or above.

TL:DR below, but there is a lot of depth to this question. Ultra low latency mode cause stuttering in many games. RTSS is still the gold standard for FPS limiters as well.

G-SYNC @240Hz:
G-SYNC + NVCP V-SYNC “On” + Low Latency Mode “On” + 237 FPS in-game limit

Standalone V-SYNC OFF @240Hz:
G-SYNC off + V-SYNC off + Low Latency Mode “Ultra” + uncapped

nvidia control panel is about on par and already installed when you have a recent  gpu driver 

57 minutes ago, fortunate reee said:

nvidia control panel is about on par and already installed when you have a recent  gpu driver 

Yeah I read it has similar input lag, but people experience more stutter in games. It really is remarkable just how consistent the frametime delivery can be when properly locked with RTSS. It is so good, that I prefer a locked consistent framerate over everything.

25 minutes ago, Bryjoe said:

Yeah I read it has similar input lag, but people experience more stutter in games. It really is remarkable just how consistent the frametime delivery can be when properly locked with RTSS. It is so good, that I prefer a locked consistent framerate over everything.

should give it a try on your system it works perfectly fine on many pcs , my guess is that gpu spikes on old hardware  impacts the limiter cant say since mine doesnt even hit 90% on 240hz gsync, i am still hoping that this matures to rival in game limiters , might as well be game/ engine based 

Edited by fortunate reee