Arena Breakout: Infinite

Hipfire is added, aims coming soon!
Read more...

Project L33T

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Twilight Town: A Cyberpunk FPS

Just added.
Read more...

Contain

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Vomitoreum

Just added.
Read more...

Has Anyone Developed a Way to Find Your "Natural" Sensitivity?

While a contentious topic, I want to hear people opinions on this as it genuinely interests me. I'm somewhat stuck personally, I'm not sure what sensitivity to play on to be brutally honest.

Has anyone come up with a scientific way to test and find what sensitivity (or range of sensitivities) you "naturally" excel at the most?

Yes I have. Took me months of experimenting and going nutty over it but I'm petty sure I've found a method which works since I am using the same sensitivity for games like battlefield, doom, csgo, rainbow six etc....... I tried to use impulsive's guide on csgo (put a bullet hole on wall and try and try to keep xhair on target while strafing) but found that there was too much bias in that there is no set feedback as to how well you are keeping your xhair on target so I decided to use a different method.

First of all download csgo and the map "sensitivity finder" - http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=439365028

Next stand at the back of the map facing the moving block (you will see once you download this) and hold mb1 while tracking the block. The blue block will rise according to how well you are tracking. To do this be extremely conscious of how you hold your mouse. It needs to be as naturally relaxed as possible to simulate how you would subconsciously hold it. Lower the sens until you cannot feel the little "Shiver" in your wrist if that makes sense. This shiver is due to your muscles not having enough control over the movement (similar to trying to do a core exercise at the gym and not being strong enough at first). This may be surprisingly low and feel unnatural at first but fear not.

Once you have that sensitivity (will probably be lower than expected as previously mentioned) you need to train yourself to use your arm a lot to move and fight off the natural habit of the body to use your wrist for everything. Will feel like aids at first but you will get used to it and aiming will become significantly easier.

Bear in mind that I do not know how foolproof this method is but it has worked wonders for me (shooting up to 35% accuracy with the automatico on bf1 now if that means anything to you).

Give it a shot and see how it goes! Good luck! 

Edited by jabbothehut
1 hour ago, jabbothehut said:

Yes I have. Took me months of experimenting and going nutty over it but I'm petty sure I've found a method which works since I am using the same sensitivity for games like battlefield, doom, csgo, rainbow six etc....... I tried to use impulsive's guide on csgo (put a bullet hole on wall and try and try to keep xhair on target while strafing) but found that there was too much bias in that there is no set feedback as to how well you are keeping your xhair on target so I decided to use a different method.

First of all download csgo and the map "sensitivity finder" - http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=439365028

Next stand at the back of the map facing the moving block (you will see once you download this) and hold mb1 while tracking the block. The blue block will rise according to how well you are tracking. To do this be extremely conscious of how you hold your mouse. It needs to be as naturally relaxed as possible to simulate how you would subconsciously hold it. Lower the sens until you cannot feel the little "Shiver" in your wrist if that makes sense. This shiver is due to your muscles not having enough control over the movement (similar to trying to do a core exercise at the gym and not being strong enough at first). This may be surprisingly low and feel unnatural at first but fear not.

Once you have that sensitivity (will probably be lower than expected as previously mentioned) you need to train yourself to use your arm a lot to move and fight off the natural habit of the body to use your wrist for everything. Will feel like aids at first but you will get used to it and aiming will become significantly easier.

Bear in mind that I do not know how foolproof this method is but it has worked wonders for me (shooting up to 35% accuracy with the automatico on bf1 now if that means anything to you).

Give it a shot and see how it goes! Good luck! 

Ill give this a try today. I think I've narrowed it down over time to somewhere around 1.60 @ 400 dpi, but I'd like to statistically test it to verify that I'm actually correct. Thanks for the response buddy!

3 minutes ago, KandiVan said:

Ill give this a try today. I think I've narrowed it down over time to somewhere around 1.60 @ 400 dpi, but I'd like to statistically test it to verify that I'm actually correct. Thanks for the response buddy!

No problem dude! Hope it works out for ya! Most important is to stick with it tho and train it effectively!

Pretty much what Jabbothehut said. Different games require different sensitivities , so people who played slower paced aiming focused games like Counter Strike will usually have a lower sensitivity than players who played Warsow, Quake, Overwatch and such.

Find the game you want to focus on and then find the best combination of being able to aim well without it limiting your movement. Once you found that sens, stick with it and never change.

If you want to have empirical data to back up your decision, do this.

A friend of mine played BF3 and he played 2 weeks with a high sens and 1 week with a low sens, resetting his stats in between . His accuracy and kd on low sens were almost double of what he was able to achieve with high sens. So he stuck with the low sens.

This is my story (only read if , if you are bored) : 

For example i started playing day of defeat ages ago with a bad wireless mouse, i used insanely high sensitivity 2.5cm/360 and never really questioned it. I was pretty bad and thought that i am just not good at fps games. 

Then i eventually started playing Tribes 2 and the best aimer on my team asked me about my sens. He told me to lower it drastically. I then lowered it to something like 70cm/360 and i started becoming a really good dueler.

When Battlefield 3 came around i increased it up to 60cm/360 (since you can just aim down your sights and that is even lower than your hipfire sens).

Eventually i got into Counter Strike and while i was able to aim accurately and headshot someone at range was a breeze with such a low sens , i sometimes felt handicapped while entering a site checking opposing corners.

I kept raising my sens eventually till i felt that i had a harder time headshotting enemies at longer ranges.

And now i settled on 48cm/360 . My range where i perform best is something like 41cm-60cm / 360.  I use 48cm/360 for every game i play. And unless a game is extremely fast paced i have no issues using it.

In some games i feel handicapped in my movement and in counter strike i sometimes feel like wanting to use a lower sens again. So try to play as high as possible as you can while you still feel that you can aim well for the game you focus on.

Higher sens = easier time moving around harder to accurately aim the further the target is away. Lower sens = easier time to headshot or hitting people that are far away (depends on the game).

It is up to yourself to find what suits you best. For me it took around 10 years. And i know i should probably play with a lower sens than what i have now, but i feel like i need slightly higher sens to be able to cope with close quarters engagements.

That being said a faster paced games would be Quake and even in that game none of the top pros played with a sens faster than 20cm/360 . So aim for anything between 20cm/360 -- 70cm/360 based on what game you play.

Personally i believe that anything faster than 20cm/360 will limit anyones true aiming skill and slower than 70cm/360 limits you too much movement wise for what it offers .

I can surely play and get used to anything even 10cm/360 , but i my aim isn't even close to what it is when i use 48cm/360.

Edited by DarioFubar

Its engine specific or rather movement specific. That said it took me literally a year of fine tuning to get to the perfect sens in Overwatch. Basically, you think about the distance you would most likely be from your target eg. in Overwatch likely 20-25M and stand at that distance from a spot on the wall. Then you adad strafe keep trying to literally keep your crosshair on the dot as good as possible. After intensive trail and error you will find it. The criteria for the perfect sensitivity is one which does not 'shiver' eg bounce left and right of the target dot. A good sens is one that lets you focus on the dot on the wall and allows you to keep the crosshair on the dot PEFECTLY with no trembling and also one that you don't need to grip your mouse tightly in order to use it(happens when sens is too high). It will take fucking ages but you will find it. Overshoot or undershoot of the crosshair is deceptive in the fact that your mind sometimes compensates for high sens by delaying your tracking, so a exceedingly high sensitivity can sometimes look too slow when you track. Same for low sens except your mind will compensate by overshooting. You just gotta try a lot of sensitivities to find the right one. It will be frustrating af.

This method allows you to find a sens that allows you perfect control when moving and strafing and also perfect tracking relative to the movement speed of the character models of the engine eg. The Overwatch engine. For reference, my perfect sens is 800 DPI @ 4.35 Ingame which is 39.81CM/360 (I play in mid masters)

I have yet to find my sens in csgo, however. I imagine it will take less time now that I know what to look for. Your sens will almost always be different on different game engines and different character models. Overwatch is lenient in that its hitboxes are quite large, compared to a game like csgo, which need pixel perfect precisiom, so 50+cm/360 is not uncommon for that.

Higher sens: Faster but less accurate response. Good for projectiles

Lower sens: Slower turns and responses but more accurate. Hitscan

I like to think that the perfect sens is a balance/compromise of fast turn and good precision. Despite what I said about 'perfect sensitivities' there is probably a small range of sensitivities that you can use, that you would perform well in.

Edited by pyu27

Play as low as you physically are able to or accommodate your set-up in order to go lower. Regardless of the game. It doesn't matter how good you naturally start at with one sens or another. Over the long term, I hold the strong belief that acclimating yourself to a lower one is ALWAYS better. What a low sensitivity does is increase your consistency. Even when you're performing poorly, there's a far bigger margin of error you're working with and will end up landing your shots anyway. There's no loss in speed or comfort at all assuming you're using a very big mouse pad and fast sweeping arm motions. Also, you need a light mouse. Over 95g is pushing it in terms of fatigue, honestly.

AimBooster/Osu is shit for training aim. You will literally only get better at playing AimBooster/Osu. You need something with an actual 3D engine and configurable FOV+sensitivity to match the games you're playing. Aim Hero on Steam is good for this. I can feel the difference in control over my tracking directly after doing a strafing target exercise on there, for example. Training drills with measurable results over time in the actual games you're playing is also good. Simply playing games normally without putting deliberate thought and action into improving your aim makes for really slow progress. I'd say, based on results and experience, that my aim in <1 year of playing competitive FPS is indistinguishable from professional gamers. It's on the same level of consistency or better at times based on the pro gameplay I keep up to date with. I've seen players with a decade or more of experience in the genre with much worse aim than me and I have to say it's precisely because of deliberate practice with a lower sensitivity than most.

If you're curious, I'm playing 57 cm/360 on a 90cm wide mouse pad at the moment. It's very comfortable and you wouldn't even be able to tell spectating me that I'm playing so low in Quake Champions+Overwatch with my violent 180's and such. There's enough real estate on the pad for me to go even lower, as well.

8 hours ago, sdatta01 said:

Play as low as you physically are able to or accommodate your set-up in order to go lower. Regardless of the game. It doesn't matter how good you naturally start at with one sens or another. Over the long term, I hold the strong belief that acclimating yourself to a lower one is ALWAYS better. What a low sensitivity does is increase your consistency. Even when you're performing poorly, there's a far bigger margin of error you're working with and will end up landing your shots anyway. There's no loss in speed or comfort at all assuming you're using a very big mouse pad and fast sweeping arm motions. Also, you need a light mouse. Over 95g is pushing it in terms of fatigue, honestly.

AimBooster/Osu is shit for training aim. You will literally only get better at playing AimBooster/Osu. You need something with an actual 3D engine and configurable FOV+sensitivity to match the games you're playing. Aim Hero on Steam is good for this. I can feel the difference in control over my tracking directly after doing a strafing target exercise on there, for example. Training drills with measurable results over time in the actual games you're playing is also good. Simply playing games normally without putting deliberate thought and action into improving your aim makes for really slow progress. I'd say, based on results and experience, that my aim in <1 year of playing competitive FPS is indistinguishable from professional gamers. It's on the same level of consistency or better at times based on the pro gameplay I keep up to date with. I've seen players with a decade or more of experience in the genre with much worse aim than me and I have to say it's precisely because of deliberate practice with a lower sensitivity than most.

If you're curious, I'm playing 57 cm/360 on a 90cm wide mouse pad at the moment. It's very comfortable and you wouldn't even be able to tell spectating me that I'm playing so low in Quake Champions+Overwatch with my violent 180's and such. There's enough real estate on the pad for me to go even lower, as well.

I 100% agree with this statement. I am also using a 90cm wide / 45cm high pad and play at 48cm/360 . I do even better and have a much easier time being precise, when i lower it to something like 70cm / 360. But i am just lazy and this sense is a tad bit slow for certain games. But yea, go as low as possible. Players using high sens and doing just fine, would still improve by so much with a low sens.

So yea, there is a reason why the majority of professional fps players all use a lower sensitivity and almost no one is using anything higher than 20cm/360.

And i also agree that playing 2d games such as osu and aimbooster doesn't do anything for your muscle memory in 3d environments. If you want to get good at a game, play THAT game, a lot. Even different fps games have a different feel to it, due to different movement, weapon recoil mechanics and such.

So the key is to play that game you want to get good at , and do it a lot. Also analyze yourself and be totally honest , in which areas you need to improve and then actively practice these things. Not just aiming, but try to become a more complete player in general, not relying on your aim purely. Outplay, outmaneuver , outposition your opponents.

Aiming is the most inconsistent thing about a player.

Even Brain Surgeons , have tools that allow for a lower movement ratio compared to their hand movements. And those guys need super high dexterity. So they are essentially also "lowering their sens" .

Edited by DarioFubar

To some extent I agree with the above statement, however I know for a FACT that OSU very much improved my aim across the board. Regardless what you think, OSU requires you to track and flick to targets at speeds generally much more demanding then FPS shooters. OSU also trains you to use your peripheral vision to its full extent. I do agree that in-game trainers (lots in CSGO) are also good but at the end of the day providing your mouse speeds are matched, they all contribute.

I've mentioned in other posts that personally my aim using 60cm 360 in CSGO was no doubt my most accurate sensitivity, however I would never try taking that in to COD. Horses for courses... You need to factor in the Aim down sight and the less predictable environment in comparison to a game like CSGO. There's no sensitivity that fits all games.

Look up the pro players for CSGO, Quake Live, Overwatch and the average cm /360. Vastly different, no doubt.

You need to consider what game you play, and what role you play within that game. If your playing fast paced close quarter combat roles you can forget 60cm 360, alike trying to aim at a pixel sized target on CSGO with 10cm 360.

Personally I have 'settled' around 40cm / 360 for some time now. Although in reality I seem to constantly convince myself to adjust it.

1 hour ago, DarioFubar said:

I 100% agree with this statement. I am also using a 90cm wide / 45cm high pad and play at 48cm/360 . I do even better and have a much easier time being precise, when i lower it to something like 70cm / 360. But i am just lazy and this sense is a tad bit slow for certain games. But yea, go as low as possible. Players using high sens and doing just fine, would still improve by so much with a low sens.

So yea, there is a reason why the majority of professional fps players all use a lower sensitivity and almost no one is using anything higher than 20cm/360.

And i also agree that playing 2d games such as osu and aimbooster doesn't do anything for your muscle memory in 3d environments. If you want to get good at a game, play THAT game, a lot. Even different fps games have a different feel to it, due to different movement, weapon recoil mechanics and such.

So the key is to play that game you want to get good at , and do it a lot. Also analyze yourself and be totally honest , in which areas you need to improve and then actively practice these things. Not just aiming, but try to become a more complete player in general, not relying on your aim purely. Outplay, outmaneuver , outposition your opponents.

Aiming is the most inconsistent thing about a player.

Even Brain Surgeons , have tools that allow for a lower movement ratio compared to their hand movements. And those guys need super high dexterity. So they are essentially also "lowering their sens" .

Im at 68 cm/360 right now. Seems to work well for h1 and is doable on quake, but my movement definitely suffers. Cant viewspeed match it on h1 for ADS however, just can't seem to do it. The game just requires so much fine tuned mouse movement in clutch scenarios that low ADS sensitivity just can't be beat in 90% of scenarios, especially at extreme range. When i do viewspeed match, i hit some of the nuttiest flicks, but i just can't seem to consistently two tap on it. 

51 minutes ago, KandiVan said:

Im at 68 cm/360 right now. Seems to work well for h1 and is doable on quake, but my movement definitely suffers. Cant viewspeed match it on h1 for ADS however, just can't seem to do it. The game just requires so much fine tuned mouse movement in clutch scenarios that low ADS sensitivity just can't be beat in 90% of scenarios, especially at extreme range. When i do viewspeed match, i hit some of the nuttiest flicks, but i just can't seem to consistently two tap on it. 

I know what you mean, i guess it has something to do with the third person perspective , it gives you a complete different feeling than in first person only games. I always struggle to find a sens that feels similar to my first person only sens. One of the reasons why Stormen does really well in h1z1 for example, is probably also due to him using a really low mouse sensitivity (80cm/360).

Low sens offers much more precision at the cost of movement. So it is up to everyone individually to decide what is more important and find a right balance for his main game.

Edited by DarioFubar
2 hours ago, DarioFubar said:

I know what you mean, i guess it has something to do with the third person perspective , it gives you a complete different feeling than in first person only games. I always struggle to find a sens that feels similar to my first person only sens. One of the reasons why Stormen does really well in h1z1 for example, is probably also due to him using a really low mouse sensitivity (80cm/360).

Low sens offers much more precision at the cost of movement. So it is up to everyone individually to decide what is more important and find a right balance for his main game.

Yea I raised the third person question a few months ago, DPI wizard said he was working on something to account for it. I know the FOV doesnt change, but I think it gives the impression that it does. Would be cool if there was a way to account for the camera scaling that happens in third person.

1 hour ago, Drimzi said:

For moving the mouse in 2D, your brain and hand-eye coordination could possibly be influenced by the size of your monitor. Not saying a 1:1 relationship between what you see your cursor doing and the distance you move your hand is what is preferred, but it could be related in some way. Maybe exactly half, a quarter, maybe the golden ratio, who knows. This could then be translated to 3D using the Viewspeed conversion. Just some thoughts.

edit:

I did the golden ratio result. I can swipe from one end of the monitor to the other with full precision effortlessly every time, even with my eyes closed, even though I have never used this sensitivity before (Logitech G900, 1100 DPI, 3/11, 27", 2560x1440), and I came from 2000 DPI before the test. So maybe this is the "natural" sensitivity, just a relationship between your movement and what you see.

Just make sure to do realworld measurements, as the distances in the calculator are a bit off for me. Every sensor is different. I measured the distance to move the mouse exactly half way in cm, then doubled it, then used the golden ratio calculator, then switched DPI until the mouse could move the full monitor width using the golden ratio result.

I tried this in Osu!. I have perfect snaps to everything. Just feels so natural. For me though, this sensitivity takes too much effort; the sensor drift really ruins it, the front of my mouse catches the sewn mousepad edges, so like 6cm of wasted space for vertical movement, obstacles on my desk (like the keyboard) also contribute. The biggest problem for me though is the sensor drift by far, so for Osu! not really viable. However for 3D, sensor drift isn't much of an issue when you constantly have the ability to readjust the mouse. I haven't tried 3D yet but it could be viable.

Fibonacci, golden ratio, PI.... Regardless, none of this is natural. True natural is making your screen movement 1:1 with your mouse, which results in an insanely low sensitivity. Unusable. And that's the point, your looking at a vertical plane (monitor) and performing movement on a 'flat' plane (desk)... Up becomes forward, back becomes down, none of this is truly natural. It doesn't have to be. The brain excels in naturalising things we repeat, over time.

Realistically a 1cm 360 is not going to give you a decent foundation to aim at pixels across a map in CSGO, alike a 100cm 360 certainly may cause a few problems trying to break the world record running through the Gauntlet in Titanfall 2. There's a mid ground for each and every game, this is the 'zone' where sensitivity becomes irrelevant and players skill becomes apparent. I truly believe providing your not at the extremes of mouse sensitivity either way, the rest comes down to skill.

Which is why I personally try to find one that fits all, medium. Skill can make up for the rest. Slower paced games, clearly will have more low sensitivity players, not because low sensitivity is better, rather high sensitivity is worse, you can take a gun to a knife fight, but unless your Wesley Snipes taking a knife to a gun fight might not go in your favour. 

*waits for the Wesley snipes of mouse sensitivities to chime in*

2 hours ago, Drimzi said:

For moving the mouse in 2D, your brain and hand-eye coordination could possibly be influenced by the size of your monitor. Not saying a 1:1 relationship between what you see your cursor doing and the distance you move your hand is what is preferred, but it could be related in some way. Maybe exactly half, a quarter, maybe the golden ratio, who knows. This could then be translated to 3D using the Viewspeed conversion. Just some thoughts.

edit:

I did the golden ratio result. I can swipe from one end of the monitor to the other with full precision effortlessly every time, even with my eyes closed, even though I have never used this sensitivity before (Logitech G900, 1100 DPI, 3/11, 27", 2560x1440), and I came from 2000 DPI before the test. So maybe this is the "natural" sensitivity, just a relationship between your movement and what you see.

Just make sure to do realworld measurements, as the distances in the calculator are a bit off for me. Every sensor is different. I measured the distance to move the mouse exactly half way in cm, then doubled it, then used the golden ratio calculator, then switched DPI until the mouse could move the full monitor width using the golden ratio result.

I tried this in Osu!. I have perfect snaps to everything. Just feels so natural. For me though, this sensitivity takes too much effort; the sensor drift really ruins it, the front of my mouse catches the sewn mousepad edges, so like 6cm of wasted space for vertical movement, obstacles on my desk (like the keyboard) also contribute. The biggest problem for me though is the sensor drift by far, so for Osu! not really viable. However for 3D, sensor drift isn't much of an issue when you constantly have the ability to readjust the mouse. I haven't tried 3D yet but it could be viable.

Not sure what you mean by the golden ratio.

That is fine for 2d related movements. But doesn't help in first person shooters. You can get used to everything, but there is a range that usually works better for some than for others. So there is NO way of finding the perfect sensitivity for everyone. No formula. There is only practice, practice, practice and testing, testing, testing, till it feels right.

Also why do people keep bringing up Osu? Osu is supposed to be played with a tablet. Sure playing Osu with a mouse can help you getting used to using a mouse (if you are completely new to using a pc). But so can playing Dota or just clicking on your desktop shortcuts. I fail to see the correlation between Osu and acquiring decent aim in fps games.

That is like saying, drive a bike in order to learn how to drive a car.

And that is a lengthy and annoying process, yet worth it in the end. But one thing is certain, try to figure it out as early as possible. Be worse today but be a more complete player down the road.

I still stand by what i said, i think, if you play first person shooters than even in faster paced games such as quake with a lot of focus on movement, medium to low sensitivity is superior. High sense and fps don't mix well. If you do well with anything below 20cm/360 you will be insane at something like 35-60cm/360.

The biggest reason why people use high sens is, because they start using a pc with a 5000dpi setting on their mouse and don't change it in games and never question it, they come from 2d/top down/rts games. Or they force themselves to ("my desk is not big enough for a big mousepad", or "my mouse can't do fast swipes and i don't want to buy a gaming grade mouse") and then stick with it even when they don't need to anymore.

Good luck everyone.

And remember , don't limit yourself. It is all about the right settings for the games you play. Don't drive with your bike on the highway and don't drive with your racecar in the forest.

In the end it is all about personal preference, and your head plays the biggest role, so if you think you do better with a certain setting, use it. Everyone is different!

Edited by DarioFubar

I don't know exactly how to find your natural sensitivity, but I can say once you've experimented enough, you will find that a certain sensitivity feels "itchy". Somewhere around there is where you will aim best. I know when I found my best sensitivity my biceps spasmed - every time I wiggled or snapped my mouse - like every shot felt orgasmic. But I still don't think that is all there is to it.

Honestly, the best sensitivity to use is the fastest one that you can comfortably shoot the smallest targets with (1/2 pixel or whatever you decide). If you have the control to use a 10cm then you should use 10cm (like Sirian). For me though, it is not comfortable to use something like that as it hurts my hand trying to shoot small targets. I use ~24cm for 90FOV, which is the fastest sensitivity I can manage before I begin to feel uncomfortable. It all depends on your body's potential. In saying that, if you play enough you are going to get better.

However, the goal is consistency. You want your aim to be as good as your worst days. This depends on how often you play/how many bicep curls/tricep extensions you do at the gym. So, it's probably best to pick a sensitivity you feel comfortable using when you are physically and co-ordinately weakest.

Edited by potato psoas
22 hours ago, DarioFubar said:

That is fine for 2d related movements. But doesn't help in first person shooters. You can get used to everything, but there is a range that usually works better for some than for others. So there is NO way of finding the perfect sensitivity for everyone. No formula. There is only practice, practice, practice and testing, testing, testing, till it feels right.

Also why do people keep bringing up Osu? Osu is supposed to be played with a tablet. Sure playing Osu with a mouse can help you getting used to using a mouse (if you are completely new to using a pc). But so can playing Dota or just clicking on your desktop shortcuts. I fail to see the correlation between Osu and acquiring decent aim in fps games.

That is like saying, drive a bike in order to learn how to drive a car.

And that is a lengthy and annoying process, yet worth it in the end. But one thing is certain, try to figure it out as early as possible. Be worse today but be a more complete player down the road.

I still stand by what i said, i think, if you play first person shooters than even in faster paced games such as quake with a lot of focus on movement, medium to low sensitivity is superior. High sense and fps don't mix well. If you do well with anything below 20cm/360 you will be insane at something like 35-60cm/360.

The biggest reason why people use high sens is, because they start using a pc with a 5000dpi setting on their mouse and don't change it in games and never question it, they come from 2d/top down/rts games. Or they force themselves to ("my desk is not big enough for a big mousepad", or "my mouse can't do fast swipes and i don't want to buy a gaming grade mouse") and then stick with it even when they don't need to anymore.

Good luck everyone.

And remember , don't limit yourself. It is all about the right settings for the games you play. Don't drive with your bike on the highway and don't drive with your racecar in the forest.

In the end it is all about personal preference, and your head plays the biggest role, so if you think you do better with a certain setting, use it. Everyone is different!

Boil it all down. Moving a mouse to aim at targets is all the same. If you get no value from OSU or '2D' aim trainers, unfortunate. I personally get value from them all. The true key is ensuring your mouse speed is relative between them all.

Some games don't require pixel precision, movement is dominant, and, vice versa. Not pursuing something because you don't understand it, disadvantages only yourself.

2 hours ago, DNAMTE said:

Boil it all down. Moving a mouse to aim at targets is all the same. If you get no value from OSU or '2D' aim trainers, unfortunate. I personally get value from them all. The true key is ensuring your mouse speed is relative between them all.

Some games don't require pixel precision, movement is dominant, and, vice versa. Not pursuing something because you don't understand it, disadvantages only yourself.

Sure, if you manage to perfectly match your sens , between 2d and 3d games so they feel somewhat equal, then yea. It will surely help to not ruin your aim in fps games. In fact you should always try to match your sensitivities across different games, so you muscle memory stays on point. That is the whole point of this website.

If you want to get good at a game, play "that" game, a lot.

Since even the feeling between different fps games differ, due to different movement and weapon mechanics and even different Engines feel different. Recoil control, flick shots, also 90 and 180 degree turns, leading your shots and so on. On top of that , there is more than just aim that makes you good at fps games.

So i fail to see how people, "prefer" playing Osu or other games to get good at csgo, instead of playing csgo. Unless for whatever reason you can't play the game you want during that time, then sure, better than nothing. Although it is highly unlikely.

Like already mentioned. Sure moving your mouse is moving your mouse. But that is the same as preparing for your driving license test  practicing on a bicycle (it is both the same right? You move from point A to point B).

I completely agree that some games don't need pixel precision, that is exactly what i mentioned in my earlier posts.

But saying, play OSU or use a 2d trainer or even saying play a different fps game instead of just playing the game you are trying to get good at is you putting yourself at a disadvantage. And Osu is more about getting down patterns than reaction time, since it is not randomized.

Like already mentioned you can't obtain a feel for 180degree 90degree movements in 2d games.

So unless your point is, "When you play many different games, make sure to match your sensitivity across all of them" (which is the whole point of this website, so it is redundant to mention that),  you missed the topic.

Edited by DarioFubar

Im pretty addicted to the web and  its a very interesting post, in special about the idea of a natural sensitivity or pattern that can feel somehow more natural to aim, i was playing at stretched, since years (and have a good aim tbh) and im looking about ideas to standarize and find the edge in my games, the idea about the golden ratio and the 2d to 3d is very interesting drimzy you know the values for a 1920x1080 at 24 inch golden ratio values? its to try different settings, regards people!