Ghost of Tsushima DIRECTOR'S CUT

The sensitivity and FOV changes depending on certain actions and where you are (indoor etc). The calculations are for the view when you move around outdoor.
Read more...

Russian Fishing 4

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Arena Breakout: Infinite

Hipfire is added, aims coming soon!
Read more...

Project L33T

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Twilight Town: A Cyberpunk FPS

Just added.
Read more...

Has Anyone Developed a Way to Find Your "Natural" Sensitivity?

15 hours ago, Drimzi said:

24 inch = 60.96 cm

• 37.675352 cm
  • 23.284648 cm
  • 14.390704 cm
  • 8.893944 cm
  • 5.49676 cm
  • 3.397184 cm
  • 2.099575 cm

Good luck.

Sure you have valid points, but I think you're missing the point of the topic. He's asking if there are any scientific methods to finding a sensitivity (or range) that you excel at naturally. Naturally being without deliberately practicing and forcing yourself to use that specific sensitivity in the first place (however this would create new ranges that you excel at). This natural sensitivity could be the result of genetics, body size, ratio between hand and eye coordination, your average head rotation speed, things like that. Or could be the result of what you have already practiced or used, what habits you have already developed when using a mouse, like grip, average swiping speed, etc. Methods could include things like keeping the crosshair fixated while counteracting the strafe speed, etc. which depends on the game so in my eyes this method would result in different sensitivities depending on the game, kinda making this website useless.

At the end of the day, nobody has a scientific method, it's all just theory at this point. Maybe there is some kind of method. Maybe some one can figure out the reason why, was it from developed habits throughout your life? genetics? perception? So keep the ideas rolling.

I already answered OP with a valid answer in regards to his question.

Since everyone is different, there is NO scientific method or formula that would help anyone find a sensitivity that is 100% suited for him. Like you already mentioned, hand size, grip style and so on plays a big role. Psychological factors also play a big part. So the best way would be to take a median setting and start adjusting from there to your liking. There are some findings that will somewhat help , like comparing what the majority of pro players use and try to start from there. In the end it doesn't matter, everyone is different, there is no formula.

The thing you quoted was me referring to someone claiming that finding a perfect sens in a 3d environment can be aided while playing 2d games. Which i once again fail to see the benefit of just playing the game you want to get good at instead. But then once again, if that guy in particular thinks it helps him, then he should just keep doing it. It is all in our heads anyways.

And i agree with you, there is no scientific formula and there never will be. Since we are all humans and everyone is different has personal preferences which is determined by their past. The only way is to just play and keep adjusting over time till you feel like it is good for you.

That is pretty much why there are millions of forum posts all over the internet with people arguing over it.

Edited by DarioFubar
  • 2 weeks later...

Standard osu does not help your aim in FPS games since the circles are too large. Even though you are practising your speed and snapping, unless the circles are small enough, it will not help in FPS games since you need to be snapping to targets that are like 15 pixels or smaller. If you try to practise like this then you will probably develop bad habits with your mouse grip, unless you use a really low sensitivity which you can easily decelerate the mouse.

However, if you practise on McOsu and change all your circle sizes to 8+ then that could definitely help your aim in FPS games, though you might feel sad that you can't keep up with some of the harder songs anymore.

That's something I've recently learnt.

The other thing with aim is tracking/recoil management. There's no real way to practise your tracking with osu or McOsu apart from sliders, but even if you can, trying to practise sliders requires extra attention towards actually playing the song, distracting you from practising tracking.

To practise tracking you would need to use an aim training program which you can adjust the speed and path of the targets. I don't know any that can do that (at least not very well), so really the only way to practise tracking for your particular game is to play said game. However, if there was a program where you could customise target speed so that it is the same as enemies for your particular game and for it to move in similar ways to actual players then that would be a great way to improve without playing the game. osu will never be able to do that.

I set my sensitivity on being able to do a 180 without exerting my wrist because doing 180s is important in the game I play.

All games are different and there are unequal tradeoffs between high and low sensitivities in those games, thus there's no single natural sensitivity. What might feel great in one game may not work so well in another.

• 1 year later...
在 2017/5/22 在 10:51 PM, DarioFubar说:

Sure, if you manage to perfectly match your sens , between 2d and 3d games so they feel somewhat equal, then yea. It will surely help to not ruin your aim in fps games. In fact you should always try to match your sensitivities across different games, so you muscle memory stays on point. That is the whole point of this website.

If you want to get good at a game, play "that" game, a lot.

Since even the feeling between different fps games differ, due to different movement and weapon mechanics and even different Engines feel different. Recoil control, flick shots, also 90 and 180 degree turns, leading your shots and so on. On top of that , there is more than just aim that makes you good at fps games.

So i fail to see how people, "prefer" playing Osu or other games to get good at csgo, instead of playing csgo. Unless for whatever reason you can't play the game you want during that time, then sure, better than nothing. Although it is highly unlikely.

Like already mentioned. Sure moving your mouse is moving your mouse. But that is the same as preparing for your driving license test  practicing on a bicycle (it is both the same right? You move from point A to point B).

I completely agree that some games don't need pixel precision, that is exactly what i mentioned in my earlier posts.

But saying, play OSU or use a 2d trainer or even saying play a different fps game instead of just playing the game you are trying to get good at is you putting yourself at a disadvantage. And Osu is more about getting down patterns than reaction time, since it is not randomized.

Like already mentioned you can't obtain a feel for 180degree 90degree movements in 2d games.

So unless your point is, "When you play many different games, make sure to match your sensitivity across all of them" (which is the whole point of this website, so it is redundant to mention that),  you missed the topic.

Drawing Tablets have absolute tracking whereas mice do not.

Most people will recommend either Wacom or XP-Pen brand tablets. Wacom is more expensive, while XP-Pen is cheaper. Both of them are battery-less .

At first i was looking at the XP-Pen Star G430 OSU Tablet but noticed the area was a bit small. I then saw the XP-Pen G640 on sale for 40 . It seems similar to the G430 with a larger active area (which I like). 6 x 4 inches active area is enough for Osu! and it Runs OSU well. no input lag to use for faster maps.

Guest ZSfGuBcu

i was having A LOT of inconsistency in terms or sensitivity and numbers for the past 2 years since i switched over and i changed my sens every day or so but it has been a few months that i find myself using the same sensitivity or atleast very very close to it daily 

the strange thing is that i found the solution in the dumbest place/way possible 

i play aimbooster for 10-15 min before i start playing video games and my gold is to hit 2 min 30 sec and over a few times and for some reason i always find myself doing that with 350-400 dpi and when i get to the game the sens feels normal 

if one day i feel like i am doing good with 400 or 350 then i change my in game sens accordingly 

again i am fully aware that this method is dumb since aimbooster is a 2D game and it does nothing in terms of recoil or game movement and game but it is working for me and i am happy that i finally found this 

The perfect sens rabbit hole is deep indeed. Aim theory has been my hobby for over a quarter of a century now. Here is a bit of what I have learned.

You can hit shots at any range your dexterity will allow. The key and the pitfall of high CPI and sens, is that you will never be consistent. Especially with long range precision shooting. You would need to have the dexterity of a neurosurgeon or utilize acceleration methods like Kovaak's driver, and acceleration screws with close/medium range tracing. Only a handful of players in the world have this level of dexterity. Agent is one of those players. You need to be able to circle strafe a target's head and have a comfortable 180 flick. Look for consistency. Choose the most consistent sensitivity. Be critical of your aim. CS aim training maps are probably the best resource to pin down your perfect sens. I use Yprac's map pack for all of my testing. Especially the world record mode. You will immediately realize if your sens is too high, or your flicks are off. You should be hitting at least 50% of your shots consistently in this mode.

Edited by VyelOne