Arena Breakout: Infinite

Hipfire is added, aims coming soon!
Read more...

Project L33T

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Twilight Town: A Cyberpunk FPS

Just added.
Read more...

Contain

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Vomitoreum

Just added.
Read more...

Rust

15 minutes ago, DPI Wizard said:

I kinda forgot it was there :lol:

It is already based on AR ADS, but you do not have a separate sensitivity for it in the game. It uses the same settings as hipfire, so use this calculation if ADS is more important than hipfire/360 to you.

okie dokie thanks

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Wizard
12 hours ago, prohunt said:

Sensitivity seems to have changed again, I would really appreciate an update to it as I just bought premium so I could sort out my game sensitivities tonight and I've been meaning to do RUST for a while now

thanks  :)

Can't find anything changed, be sure to set the correct FOV and do the sensitivity in the config file as the sliders are inaccurate :)

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Hey, for past months I’ve tried to figure out how to bypass Rust’s ADS problem, if you didn’t know weapons FOV are scaled, and these affect your sensitivity.

NOTE: Scopes seem to have static FOV.

Here are rough estimated fields of views for each item, base was 75 FOV.

8x Zoom Scope has ~ 8 FOV
16x Zoom Scope has ~ 6 FOV

Holosight has ~ 35 FOV
Bolt Action Rifle has ~ 35 FOV

Assault Rifle has ~ 45 FOV
Double Barrel Shotgun has ~ 45 FOV
Multiple Grenade Launcher has ~  45 FOV
Crossbow has ~ 45 FOV
LR-300 Assault Rifle has ~ 45 FOV
M249 has ~ 45 FOV
MP5A4 has ~ 45 FOV
Semi-Automatic Rifle has ~ 45 FOV

Compound Bow has ~ 50 FOV

Custom SMG has ~ 55 FOV
Spas-12 Shotgun has ~ 55 FOV
Thompson has ~ 55 FOV

L96 Rifle has ~ 60 FOV
M39 Rifle has ~ 60 FOV
Nailgun has ~ 60 FOV
Pump Shotgun has ~ 60 FOV
Python Revolver has ~ 60 FOV
Waterpipe Shotgun has ~ 60 FOV

Bow has ~ 65 FOV
Simple Handmade Sight has ~ 65 FOV
M92 Pistol has ~  65 FOV
Revolver has ~ 65 FOV
Semi-Automatic Pistol has ~ 65 FOV

Now to have any use out of these, we need to bind them thought console.
* bind mouse1 “+sensitivity <hip-fire sensitivity>;sensitivity <ADS sensitivity>;+attack2” *
* bind mouse1 “+fov <hip-fire FOV>;+sensitivity <hip-fire sensitivity>;fov <ADS FOV>;sensitivity <ADS sensitivity>;+attack2” *

*EDIT* Facepunch has made it impossible to change bindings through exec.

You can also make config file and bind exec for it, this way you can in theory switch sensitivities on-the-fly.

Create 'rifle.cfg' file to Rust cfg -folder.

* 'rifle.cfg' will need contain following: bind mouse1 “+sensitivity <hip-fire sensitivity>;sensitivity <ADS sensitivity>;+attack2” *
bind 6 “exec rifle.cfg”

Hope I made it easy enough to understand, and sorry for the English!

Edited by SmokingYoda
November Patch
  • 3 weeks later...
On 11/8/2020 at 1:12 PM, SmokingYoda said:

You can also make config file and bind exec for it, this way you can in theory switch sensitivities on-the-fly.

* 'rifle.cfg' will need contain following: bind mouse1 “+sensitivity <hip-fire sensitivity>;sensitivity <ADS sensitivity>;+attack2” *
bind 6 “exec rifle.cfg”

I think I followed what you said exactly but when I press the bind in-game it doesn't do anything. I'm supposed to put rifle.cfg in Steam\steamapps\common\Rust\cfg correct?

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/25/2020 at 3:03 AM, monkey said:

I think I followed what you said exactly but when I press the bind in-game it doesn't do anything. I'm supposed to put rifle.cfg in Steam\steamapps\common\Rust\cfg correct?

Yes, make sure you include filetype, example; "global.exec rifle.cfg" without quotation marks.

3 hours ago, SmokingYoda said:

Yes, make sure you include filetype, example; "global.exec rifle.cfg" without quotation marks.

Oh, it actually works when i type it into the console manually, but binding it to something doesn't seem to work for me. I tried bind 6 "exec rifle.cfg" and bind 6 "global.exec rifle.cfg" and neither worked.

20 hours ago, monkey said:

Oh, it actually works when i type it into the console manually, but binding it to something doesn't seem to work for me. I tried bind 6 "exec rifle.cfg" and bind 6 "global.exec rifle.cfg" and neither worked.

I haven't played Rust since December patch, but had to test it and you are correct. They have disable exec binding for some reason, I used this method for over 4 months and as soon as it were made public they decided made it impossible (but why?) change bindings on fly, at least the FOV and sensitivity overwrite still works.

Made my calculations for my settings. The principle is one. Maybe someone will come in handy. "Simple Handmade Sight" needs to be calculated for each FOV weapon the multiplier is not accurate, there is a small error. Changed the command for the console so that the RMB is not deleted.

New Text Document.txt

Edited by Vaccaria
9 hours ago, Vaccaria said:

Made my calculations for my settings. The principle is one. Maybe someone will come in handy. "Simple Handmade Sight" needs to be calculated for each FOV weapon the multiplier is not accurate, there is a small error. Changed the command for the console so that the RMB is not deleted.

New Text Document.txt 3.16 kB · 1 download

What is the number in parentheses next to your sens supposed to be? Also could you share yaws that you used for these calculations?

I used the "Sensitivity Matcher" program and my usual overwatch, did it for other games according to the same principle. The number in parentheses is the data from for Sens.

Screenshot_2.png.64b8102554daebfae04ec5cefdafd8fd.png

70.5328 / 1.1538461539 = 61.1284266638. 70.5328 - vFoV in the game. 1.1538461539 - multiplier between 75vFoV и 65vFoV. 61.1284266638 - The end result of calculations is my vFoV.

Screenshot_3.thumb.png.62b18af02c4c03e31e09a26d8c84c1f2.pngScreenshot_4.thumb.png.51527a7959be3f49950fcbbcfb8acee3.png

The game has a formula that calculates the sensitivity from FoV. Here's an example. Formula for calculating the sniper mode in World Of Tanks.

Screenshot_5.png.40d39b6648bbf66b468778607a58a6d5.png

And this is what I needed to do.

Screenshot_6.png.c42980b498e47c9911e0a14056641299.png

I don’t know how to find a similar script to try it in rust.

Edited by Vaccaria

Oh for some reason I had this idea that putting the FOVs you listed into "Rust hipfire" in the calculator wouldn't give me the correct sens, woops. Ok well I understand how you got all your numbers now so I'm pretty much set. Thanks for sharing this.

31 minutes ago, Vaccaria said:

1.1538461539 - multiplier between 75vFoV и 65vFoV

I'm still curious about this one thing. Where did you get 75vFoV и 65vFoV from and how did you know that this specifically applies to bow, m92, etc.?

6 minutes ago, monkey said:

Oh for some reason I had this idea that putting the FOVs you listed into "Rust hipfire" in the calculator wouldn't give me the correct sens, woops. Ok well I understand how you got all your numbers now so I'm pretty much set. Thanks for sharing this.

I'm still curious about this one thing. Where did you get 75vFoV и 65vFoV from and how did you know that this specifically applies to bow, m92, etc.?

Everything is written in this thread. I tested all the data. Indeed, how could I know...🤔

On 11/9/2020 at 3:12 AM, SmokingYoda said:

Hey, for past months I’ve tried to figure out how to bypass Rust’s ADS problem, if you didn’t know weapons FOV are scaled, and these affect your sensitivity.

Here are rough estimated fields of views for each item, base was 75 FOV.

Holosight has ~ 35 FOV

Crossbow has ~ 45 FOV
M249 has ~ 45 FOV
MP5A4 has ~ 45 FOV

Custom SMG has ~ 55 FOV
Thompson has ~ 55 FOV

L96 Rifle has ~ 60 FOV
M39 Rifle has ~ 60 FOV
Nailgun has ~ 60 FOV

Bow has ~ 65 FOV
M92 Pistol has ~  65 FOV
Revolver has ~ 65 FOV

Now to have any use out of these, we need to bind them thought console.
* bind mouse1 “+sensitivity <hip-fire sensitivity>;sensitivity <ADS sensitivity>;+attack2” *
* bind mouse1 “+fov <hip-fire FOV>;+sensitivity <hip-fire sensitivity>;fov <ADS FOV>;sensitivity <ADS sensitivity>;+attack2” *

*EDIT* Facepunch has made it impossible to change bindings through exec.

bind 6 “exec rifle.cfg”

Hope I made it easy enough to understand, and sorry for the English!

17 minutes ago, monkey said:

• Wizard
On 11/8/2020 at 8:12 PM, SmokingYoda said:

Holosight has ~ 35 FOV

Crossbow has ~ 45 FOV
M249 has ~ 45 FOV
MP5A4 has ~ 45 FOV

Custom SMG has ~ 55 FOV
Thompson has ~ 55 FOV

L96 Rifle has ~ 60 FOV
M39 Rifle has ~ 60 FOV
Nailgun has ~ 60 FOV

Bow has ~ 65 FOV
M92 Pistol has ~  65 FOV
Revolver has ~ 65 FOV

I'll see if I can add all these. I won't be able to verify them myself since this game lacks a training mode as far as I know.

On 11/8/2020 at 8:12 PM, SmokingYoda said:

You mean just the 8X and 16X right? The rest is affected by FOV change?

14 minutes ago, DPI Wizard said:

I'll see if I can add all these. I won't be able to verify them myself since this game lacks a training mode as far as I know.

Here are some training servers where you can find all the guns super easily if you need them. Just join an "aimbots" or "targets" room in any of these servers.

https://www.battlemetrics.com/servers/rust/6792417

https://www.battlemetrics.com/servers/rust/2068512

https://www.battlemetrics.com/servers/rust/3752176

15 minutes ago, DPI Wizard said:

You mean just the 8X and 16X right? The rest is affected by FOV change?

It seems everything in the game is affected by FOV change including 8x and 16x scopes

• Wizard
Just now, monkey said:

Here are some training servers where you can find all the guns super easily if you need them. Just join an "aimbots" or "targets" room in any of these servers.

https://www.battlemetrics.com/servers/rust/6792417

https://www.battlemetrics.com/servers/rust/2068512

https://www.battlemetrics.com/servers/rust/3752176

It seems everything in the game is affected by FOV change including 8x and 16x scopes

Awesome, thanks a lot for the info!

• Wizard
2 hours ago, SmokingYoda said:

@DPI Wizard Thank you so much, all of the values I've provided are just estimates, I've calculated FOV from screenshots with help of vanishing points, so they have margin of error in them. About the scopes, I wasn't able do diffrentiate the FOVs between each weapon with scope, this is why I came to conclusion they have static FOV.

You were on point for the most part, except for the scopes :) Your info helped speed things along a lot!

Added everything now into one calculation so it's easy to pick out what you want.