Arena Breakout: Infinite

Hipfire is added, aims coming soon!
Read more...

Project L33T

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Twilight Town: A Cyberpunk FPS

Just added.
Read more...

Contain

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Vomitoreum

Just added.
Read more...

Mass Effect

7 minutes ago, DPI Wizard said:

Nice, then it's the same as in 3.

More or less, yes.

You have to use a specific tool to edit the coalesced.ini or at least a tool to correct it after editing or the game fails to launch.

Other than that, same sort of options are buried therein.

Edited by SтezviiX
  • 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...

I believe the main page's calculator is incorrect for this game.

I use an eDPI of 800: a 1000 DPI mouse set to 0.8 in games with linear multipliers like CSGO or Halo. The mouse-sensitivity calculator tells me a setting of "3" is what I should use for Mouse Sensivity to match this in Mass Effect. The first time I turned the game on I could immediately tell this was wrong, and much too low. I measured it twice, and it appears to be off by a factor of 2. While doing a 360-degree turnabout in CSGO yields the expected 20.45 inches of travel on the mousepad, in Mass Effect, moving the mouse this distance only achieved a 180-degree turnabout.  

I have the mouse effect fix installed disabling negative acceleration, but I was also careful to move the mouse at a snail pace while measuring.  

Edited by Madmick
  • Wizard
7 hours ago, Madmick said:

I believe the main page's calculator is incorrect for this game.

I use an eDPI of 800: a 1000 DPI mouse set to 0.8 in games with linear multipliers like CSGO or Halo. The mouse-sensitivity calculator tells me a setting of "3" is what I should use for Mouse Sensivity to match this in Mass Effect. The first time I turned the game on I could immediately tell this was wrong, and much too low. I measured it twice, and it appears to be off by a factor of 2. While doing a 360-degree turnabout in CSGO yields the expected 20.45 inches of travel on the mousepad, in Mass Effect, moving the mouse this distance only achieved a 180-degree turnabout.  

I have the mouse effect fix installed disabling negative acceleration, but I was also careful to move the mouse at a snail pace while measuring.  

Legendary or original? Original will have negative acceleration even with the fix.

• Wizard
6 hours ago, Madmick said:

Legendary. 

Ok, I just checked it and the calculations should be spot on. What polling rate are you using? And are you sure the mod is applied correctly? Have you tested with a script to eliminate any issues with mouse drivers?

5 hours ago, DPI Wizard said:

Ok, I just checked it and the calculations should be spot on. What polling rate are you using? And are you sure the mod is applied correctly? Have you tested with a script to eliminate any issues with mouse drivers?

Polling rate is 1000Hz.

I can't say I'm 100% certain the mod is applied correctly because your guide offers the Steam version folder for extraction as its example, and I'm using the EA version. I extracted the DLL to the following folder. It's the only one that makes sense, and is the same folder where the game executable itself is stored. It's where the other DLL's are also stored (ex. ogg, OpenAL32, PhysXCooking64, PhysXCore64, etc.) 

C:\Program Files\EA Games\Mass Effect Legendary Edition\Game\ME1\Binaries\Win64

I have not tested with a script. Shoot me the FAQ on how you want me to do that, and I'll give it a go. 

• Wizard
1 hour ago, Madmick said:

I can't say I'm 100% certain the mod is applied correctly because your guide offers the Steam version folder for extraction as its example, and I'm using the EA version. I extracted the DLL to the following folder.

I think you are using the wrong mod. The Legendary edition mod is this one, and it requires the ME3Tweaks Mod Manager to work. The program mods the game, you are not supposed to extract a DLL file manually to a directory (that is only for the original version).

3 hours ago, DPI Wizard said:

I think you are using the wrong mod. The Legendary edition mod is this one, and it requires the ME3Tweaks Mod Manager to work. The program mods the game, you are not supposed to extract a DLL file manually to a directory (that is only for the original version).

Yep. That was it. My mistake. Holy crap, I can't believe mouse acceleration would cause that kind of discrepancy. Cancer. 

• 10 months later...
On 1/18/2022 at 11:53 AM, DPI Wizard said:

Legendary Edition added!

You have the support for the mouse acceleration mod, but do you have plans to support the FOV changer mod? Trying to work out sensitivities I always do things wrong, just had a nightmare trying to get Bioshock Infinite to a similar sensitivity so don't really want to go through that hassle again.