Arena Breakout: Infinite

Hipfire is added, aims coming soon!
Read more...

Project L33T

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Twilight Town: A Cyberpunk FPS

Just added.
Read more...

Contain

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Vomitoreum

Just added.
Read more...

Different Thoughts on Scaling Between Different Types of Games

Hi,

In the never-ending quest to find the "best" way to convert sensitivity, I stumbled upon a topic that may have some merit (maybe not mathematically). When you compare and contrast professional players across different e-sports titles you notice that the average cm/360 is different for each game. When talking about matching two games with completely different playstyles like CSGO versus Fortnite, I think it may be worth considering certain factors when converting.

We have seen that converting at 0% between FOVs seems to give the most 1:1 ratio mathematically, but when you consider something fundamental like ADS Games (COD, Apex etc.) versus hipfire games (CSGO, Valorant, Quake) the speed of the game and how you are primarily aiming seems to dictate the distribution among the pro player's sensitivities. Quake being a notable exception because movement (rocket jumping, stafe jumping) is equal or more important than raw aim. 

Instead of matching hipfire, why not match hipfire to ADS sens? Like if your CSGO sens is 41.6 cm/360 why not have the baseline rifle ADS (or pistol ADS, not sure which is better) be matched to that. I think there are two factors why CSGO sens is so slow, the importance of headshots/precision and the fact that the majority of encounters and aiming takes place in hip fire.  Anyways not sure on what would be the best way to do this but it's an interesting thought.

Edited by Bryjoe
  • Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, Bryjoe said:

Hi,

In the never-ending quest to find the "best" way to convert sensitivity, I stumbled upon a topic that may have some merit (maybe not mathematically). When you compare and contrast professional players across different e-sports titles you notice that the average cm/360 is different for each game. When talking about matching two games with completely different playstyles like CSGO versus Fortnite, I think it may be worth considering certain factors when converting.

We have seen that converting at 0% between FOVs seems to give the most 1:1 ratio mathematically, but when you consider something fundamental like ADS Games (COD, Apex etc.) versus hipfire games (CSGO, Valorant, Quake) the speed of the game and how you are primarily aiming seems to dictate the distribution among the pro player's sensitivities. Quake being a notable exception because movement (rocket jumping, stafe jumping) is equal or more important than raw aim. 

Instead of matching hipfire, why not match hipfire to ADS sens? Like if your CSGO sens is 41.6 cm/360 why not have the baseline rifle ADS (or pistol ADS, not sure which is better) be matched to that. I think there are two factors why CSGO sens is so slow, the importance of headshots/precision and the fact that the majority of encounters and aiming takes place in hip fire.  Anyways not sure on what would be the best way to do this but it's an interesting thought.

that is pretty much what 0% does just without fucking up your brain every single time you swap your game

csgo has a set fov of 90 4;3 with a a slower fov

r6 has a fov slider but most use 120 (+/- 4 ) with an average  360 of around 30 cm

the best choice is to just stick with one fov ( or using the focal length blackbars method )

and then use win to 0% game