Combat Champions

All aims use the same sensitivity setting, choose the sensitivity for the aim you prefer to be matched.
Read more...

Ghost of Tsushima DIRECTOR'S CUT

The sensitivity and FOV changes depending on certain actions and where you are (indoor etc). The calculations are for the view when you move around outdoor.
Read more...

Russian Fishing 4

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Arena Breakout: Infinite

Hipfire is added, aims coming soon!
Read more...

Project L33T

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Aiming style advice.

Hello to whoever is reading this. This is my first post here, and I haven't really checked out the guidelines yet so if this is in the wrong forum/website please forgive me. I am a counterstrike player. Would it be a bad idea to attempt arm aiming if I use a fingertip grip on my mouse? I have huge hands so a new mouse wouldn't really do a whole lot to change my grip style. I currently play FPS games at 40cm/360 and I was wondering recently if I should try arm aiming on that sensitivity/lower it and try arm aiming on that lowered sensitivity. What are the benefits? Would it improve my aim in the long run? My style of aiming in game is flickshot/click-timing, would I be able to retain good accuracy if I lowered my sensitivity and started arm aiming with fingertip grip? 

Thank you so much to anyone who took the time out of their day to answer these questions for me, I really do appreciate it.

Edited by Makaveli
  • Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sorry if my english is bad.

i use 20-60cm sensitivity for different games,and i've play CSGO for 1000+ hours.

Here's my points:Low sensitivity doesn't force you to aim without finger.40cm sensitivity is low enough that you can aim with only your arms,but aiming with fingers and wrists at a short distance may be more accurate than arms.

CSGO Pro Scream seems to aim with fingertip grip at 40+cm sensitivity, I'm not exactly sure.

2 hours ago, Makaveli said:

Hello to whoever is reading this. This is my first post here, and I haven't really checked out the guidelines yet so if this is in the wrong forum/website please forgive me. I am a counterstrike player. Would it be a bad idea to attempt arm aiming if I use a fingertip grip on my mouse? I have huge hands so a new mouse wouldn't really do a whole lot to change my grip style. I currently play FPS games at 40cm/360 and I was wondering recently if I should try arm aiming on that sensitivity/lower it and try arm aiming on that lowered sensitivity. What are the benefits? Would it improve my aim in the long run? My style of aiming in game is flickshot/click-timing, would I be able to retain good accuracy if I lowered my sensitivity and started arm aiming with fingertip grip? 

Thank you so much to anyone who took the time out of their day to answer these questions for me, I really do appreciate it.

contrary to popular belief it is not recommendable to just stick to one option id recommend trying to adopt a more hybride style aim

wide swings with your arm and small adjustments with your wrist 0 to 45 degrees(or whatever your reliable wrist flicking range is)  wrist anything above with your arm

40cm/360 should suit this method well and the mouse grip is absolute preference

you could go above but if you plan on playing other games (potentially more fast paced shooters ) id stick with the 40 since anything above can be pretty slow / inconvenient

Edited by fortunate reee
11 hours ago, fortunate reee said:

contrary to popular belief it is not recommendable to just stick to one option id recommend trying to adopt a more hybride style aim

wide swings with your arm and small adjustments with your wrist 0 to 45 degrees(or whatever your reliable wrist flicking range is)  wrist anything above with your arm

40cm/360 should suit this method well and the mouse grip is absolute preference

you could go above but if you plan on playing other games (potentially more fast paced shooters ) id stick with the 40 since anything above can be pretty slow / inconvenient

Interesting! I get so deep into the reddit sensitivity rabbit hole that I start to overthink things and thats why I have so much self doubt with this subject.  Everyone on the global offensive subreddit tells me to play at like 50cm/360 and just get used to it. Thank you for the reply, it definitely cleared up a lot for me.

34 minutes ago, Makaveli said:

Interesting! I get so deep into the reddit sensitivity rabbit hole that I start to overthink things and thats why I have so much self doubt with this subject.  Everyone on the global offensive subreddit tells me to play at like 50cm/360 and just get used to it. Thank you for the reply, it definitely cleared up a lot for me.

don't take your advice from reddit , that pretty much applies to any topic

12 hours ago, fortunate reee said:

hybrid style aim: wide swings with your arm and small adjustments with your wrist 0 to 45 degrees(or whatever your reliable wrist flicking range is)  wrist anything above with your arm

Good point about the wrist movements range, if this ends up working for you I'd recommend you really make sure that your sensitivity is high enough that it allows you to do as much screen movement you need without over extending the wrist laterally. I used to play on ~60cm and even lower and found that pretty often I would try to do more movement than my wrist allowed which would make my wrist tire quickly and this is what can easily cause injuries if you keep it up over time. I thought I preferred to use my arm as much as possible but I've realized that certain movements just feel more intuitive to do with wrist movements so I always found myself using both (sometimes without realizing at first) even if I tried to only use arm movements . I've since been working on raising my sensitivity, currently I'm sitting around 47cm and it's a lot better, every now and then I still run out of wrist range so I'm thinking 40cm might indeed be the way to go if you can get used to it. This is once again one of these things there isn't really a set answer to so you'll just have to figure it out on your own, that being said 40cm (at ~106.26/103 fov) should be a good starting point.

17 minutes ago, iBerggman said:

Good point about the wrist movements range, if this ends up working for you I'd recommend you really make sure that your sensitivity is high enough that it allows you to do as much screen movement you need without over extending the wrist laterally. I used to play on ~60cm and even lower and found that pretty often I would try to do more movement than my wrist allowed which would make my wrist tire quickly and this is what can easily cause injuries if you keep it up over time. I thought I preferred to use my arm as much as possible but I've realized that certain movements just feel more intuitive to do with wrist movements so I always found myself using both (sometimes without realizing at first) even if I tried to only use arm movements . I've since been working on raising my sensitivity, currently I'm sitting around 47cm and it's a lot better, every now and then I still run out of wrist range so I'm thinking 40cm might indeed be the way to go if you can get used to it. This is once again one of these things there isn't really a set answer to so you'll just have to figure it out on your own, that being said 40cm (at ~106.26/103 fov) should be a good starting point.

my sweet spot is somewhere between 30-40 usually sit at 35/34 ish ( since i mostly play games like apex ,siege or cod  where scoping is beneficial )

using the psa method id get something like 40-45cm but i chose to go with a quicker hipfire for the reason stated above ^

currently on 106.26/103

Edited by fortunate reee

Don't artificially limit your body mechanics.

A fingertip grip is very advantageous in that it allows fine adjustments of vertical movement (e.g for recoil control, or a body to head hitbox adjustment) using the highly dexterous control your body naturally has in your finger tips. This goes for you, me and everyone else in the human race - unless someone has a health problem, your fingers are more dexterous than your wrist, and your wrist is more dexterous than your arm.

Here's the good news - this doesn't stop your arm and wrist from also working!

You can use your whole arm to move large sweeping distances with a very low sensitivity, you can use your wrist for very quick flicks within a small area of screen space, and you can use your fingers for fine adjustment. Your bodies muscle groups and skeletal structure have evolved to work together.

There really is no mechanical advantage in trying to keep your wrist and/or fingers locked and just using your arm to aim. It'd be the same as attempting to write with a pen/pencil whilst keeping your wrist and fingers in a completely locked position, it should be really obvious why this isn't a good idea.

Edited by TheNoobPolice