Blood, Fuel, Ammo & Speed

The sensitivity slider is not accurate, expect some discrepancy. Use the registry calculation for best accuracy.
Read more...

My Friendly Neighborhood

There's a lot of negative acceleration with fast movements, expect some discrepancy.
Read more...

Steel Hunters

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

V Rising

Use the config file for best accuracy.
Read more...

Vigor

The sensitivity slider is not accurate, expect some discrepancy. Use the config file for best accuracy.
Read more...

Fovs Aiming High vs Floor

Hey guys,

didnt really know how to name this. But why is the Aim so different in game depending on

aiming high (sky) / low (floor) and aiming at Eye-Level? Looking in the Sky moves kinda "rounded" and shorter for example, with the same mouse movement.

So it is not really possible to have the same Aim through even the same game, because it depends on where youre looking at/from?

This is especially noticable in Overwatch.

Cheers

heni63

Edited by heni63
  • Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, heni63 said:

Hey guys,

didnt really know how to name this. But why is the Aim so different in game depending on

aiming high (sky) / low (floor) and aiming at Eye-Level? Looking in the Sky moves kinda "rounded" and shorter for example, with the same mouse movement.

So it is not really possible to have the same Aim through even the same game, because it depends on where youre looking at/from?

This is especially noticable in Overwatch.

Cheers

heni63

those two should clarify most of your " conclusions " 

when you match games  correctly there isn't any noticeable difference 

^ you are looking at a 2d depiction of a 3d environment 

for the input lag stuff id highly recommend taking a look at both blurr busters and battlenonsens  if you haven't already pretty help full when it comes to optimization 

Edited by fortunate reee

Hey Fortunate reee, thanks for the answere! :)

But I guess, we have a missunderstanding. What I mean is, when I move my Mouse ingame, looking straight forward, the mouse movement

required to the right edge Monitor is different from when I do the same looking in the sky or floor! I will end up NOT on the object that was on the right edge of my monitor, compared to when looking straight forward.

I checked this many times, also with software (moving same distance automatically) and it definetely is different.

So it's more of a fact that I didn't know before (briefly know your linked posts) and not saying it's wrong.

cheer

heni63

Your camera's pitch affects your camera's yaw. The more you deviate from 0 degrees pitch, the more curved your yaw movement will be. This is the fundamental reason why low fovs feel different to high fovs. No sensitivity conversion can solve that. If you zoom in, there is going to be less change in pitch as you aim within your view, so the lower the fov, the more stuck you will be at whatever pitch it is, and the more stuck with whatever resulting yaw curve that is.

For the monitor distance scaling, its just remapping the distance to rotate x degrees to rotate y degrees (i.e. if you had 90 horizontal fov, and you now have 40 horizontal fov, the distance to rotate 90 degrees is now the distance to rotate 40 degrees). The 2D screen distance match is just a byproduct, observable for pure vertical movement, or pure horizontal movement at 0 degrees pitch.

IMO it's best to just use 0% monitor distance to scale the sensitivity by the actual change instead of a 2D distance as it's irrelevant. It's just an arbitrary speed increase really.

Edited by Drimzi
3 hours ago, heni63 said:

Thank you Drimzi! :)

Iam usually playing with Fov 103 ^^ But ye, even though it sounds complicated I could grasp a little of what you said and it makes sense xD

But Yes iam always using 0% and 103 fov, and it usually works well :)

Cheers

heni63

Maybe this will help with understanding, it is something i posted on reddit but it covers the same topic

It's not really about learning the ADS sens, it's more about learning the ADS fov. You need to learn trajectories at different fovs.

The reason for this is because the amount you are looking up/down (pitch) affects how curved your horizontal movement is (yaw). If you look straight up/down, straight horizontal mouse movement results in curved on-screen movement, making you look like a ballerina or csgo spinbot.
Fov comes into play here because the amount you are looking up/down can only change by 0 - Half Vertical FOV (in degrees) when flicking to something that you can see.
If you zoom in to 10 fov with a sniper scope, flicking to targets is only going to change the pitch by 0-5 degrees, which is hardly anything. So you will be stuck with whatever horizontal curvature you already have (not much if you are looking straight ahead, a lot if you are looking above or below) until you flick to the bottom/top repeatedly enough times. In this case, if you are already looking straight ahead, then most of your horizontal and diagonal flicks will be straight mouse movements. The more you approach 0 FOV (2D), the straighter the mouse movements will be.

On the contrary, if you are in hipfire with 90 vertical fov, then looking at something can change your pitch by 0-45 degrees. That's a big change. You aren't going to be stuck with whatever curvature you already have, because aiming at a target at the top/bottom of the screen is going to result in you not looking straight ahead. Doing a straight diagonal flick to something at the corner of the screen is going to require a curved mouse movement.
This is also why the monitor distance match sensitivity conversion only works for one exact distance, and only for horizontal mouse movements when you are looking straight ahead. It's best to ignore the whole arbitrary screen distance and convert with 0% instead. That is the same sensitivity on the different fov. It may not feel exactly the same, but that is because the fov is still different. Doesn't matter if the sensitivity is the same. Both need to be the same if you want it to feel the same.

Basically for ADS, you want to practice on a wide range of low fovs instead of practicing the sensitivity itself. Learn how to move the mouse for straight on-screen movement at different fovs, because all fovs have different mouse trajectories for straight on-screen movement.