Project L33T

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Twilight Town: A Cyberpunk FPS

Just added.
Read more...

Contain

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Vomitoreum

Just added.
Read more...

Double Action: Boogaloo

Just added.
Read more...

Escape from Tarkov

@DPI Wizard Man, I'm really struggling getting a match to my old sensitivity using red dots (pk-06/Weaver/XPS03-0). Prior to Tarkov changing the values with their new patch, the calculator would give me about 24 inch/360 with the "Scope 1X" Value we used to have. Do we remember what were considered  1X scopes then? Might be out of luck here but is there any way I can use that to compare to the red dots now to maybe find my match?

7 hours ago, Cy7 said:

Already known, not really worth testing imo. Unless something changed ADS (No attachment) is for guns without rear sigh - some pistols, shotguns or guns with removed rear sights and regular rear sight has the same sens as red dots.

Really? From what I red dots had an even lower sensitivity. 

Edited by Banff Tan
8 hours ago, TheYellaKing said:

@DPI Wizard Man, I'm really struggling getting a match to my old sensitivity using red dots (pk-06/Weaver/XPS03-0). Prior to Tarkov changing the values with their new patch, the calculator would give me about 24 inch/360 with the "Scope 1X" Value we used to have. Do we remember what were considered  1X scopes then? Might be out of luck here but is there any way I can use that to compare to the red dots now to maybe find my match?

If you know your old 360 with 1x option from old calculator just do it over again with the current one. How are you struggling lol ?

@Cy7 @kertiek Thanks Guys, I Think I have a match to my old 360 with 1x red dots. Idk, everything still feels fast. Patch notes say "Added Dependence of mouse sensitivity on the multiplicity of optics". I can't put my finger on it, but its like when ADS'd its so much more zippy and responsive -- even though the Cm/360 is on point to my old sensitivity.(Not talking about hybrid 4x/1x scopes).  I'll just have to tinker with it and get used to a new sens.

• Wizard
7 minutes ago, TheYellaKing said:

Patch notes say "Added Dependence of mouse sensitivity on the multiplicity of optics". 

There is currently no relation between the optics zoom (i.e. FOV) and 360 distance (i.e. sensitivity). It's a complete mess like Rainbow Six optics, although the difference is not as big.

Hmm, and before the patch was released FoV did have have an impact? Maybe that's why it feels so snappy. I just can't get it to feel right again. Before .5 Aim with 400 DPI was perfect for red dots. I feel like I have to go to like .2 Aim for the aim to feel normal again. 😆 Of course the 360 distance for my mouse is scuffed at that point.

nikita, one of higher ups devs has a lot of interaction with the player base in reddit, maybe if u put together a post explaining the problem and calculations involved, between the sights, optics and etc, maybe we could make that info reach to him and get this sorted out?, there has been a few changes that have been made in that way in other aspects of the game, by reaching to him for specific fixes/problems.

ok, first I was sceptical, but this is true, "ADS - no attachments", 1-x sights like "pk-06" but not counting Walter MRS,  all have different sensitivity...
I just wanna remind, that "ADS - no attachments" is only for a weapon with mechanical sight SLOT (see screenshots 1 and 2), but not for weapon without that slot (even if weapon has a rearsight, if thats makes sens - see screenshots 3 and 4). 

Weapons like some pistols:  mp-144 "Grach", SR-1MP, Makarov, TT;  Some shotguns (mp-133 and mp153 series); ak-74U and other weapon without sight slot OR without sight in that slot (like ak-74 without 6p44 sb.1-30 rearsight) has much higher sensitivity.

screen1.png

screen2.png

screen3.png

screen4.png

Like I said, I've seen a couple posts before about the 3 different 1x sensitivities. 

High sens = Iron Sights with no rear irons. This applies to guns without a rear iron sight installed, or have no rear iron sight slot.

Medium sens = Iron Sights with installed rear irons. This applies to guns that have a rear iron sight installed. 

Low sens = 1x Optics. 

EDIT: Here's a post that documents it https://www.reddit.com/r/EscapefromTarkov/comments/fxowag/mouse_sensitivity_what_actually_affects_it_and/

Considering the large difference between high and medium, I'd say its well worth testing. 

Edited by Banff Tan
  • 3 weeks later...

Idk what they did since 12.6 was released, but the aiming feels so awkward now. It feels like the 360 distance is still on point to what it was before, but the ADS multiplier has been changed to make it feel way less responsive. Does that make sense? Feels really weird when painting someone to spray or trying to lead shots. Just me? Feel off to anyone else?

Greetings @DPI Wizard I see that you have updated the calculations and removed some. However i would like to point out, that the conversion that is up right now could be misleading. The game has an issue when it comes to weapons with ironsights. Usually the sensitivity for ironsights would be slightly lower if you've converted for 1x red dots, however if the rear sight of the gun is removed the sensitivity skyrockets, which is the conversion that is up right now. I would suggest having a read of this amazing thread, to get a better understanding of the issue.

Edited by Traxilla
2 hours ago, Traxilla said:

Greetings @DPI Wizard I see that you have updated the calculations and removed some. However i would like to point out, that the conversion that is up right now could be misleading. The game has an issue when it comes to weapons with ironsights. Usually the sensitivity for ironsights would be slightly lower if you've converted for 1x red dots, however if the rear sight of the gun is removed the sensitivity skyrockets, which is the conversion that is up right now. I would suggest having a read of this amazing thread, to get a better understanding of the issue.

That's why that option is called Ads - No Attachments. This thing has been mentioned multiple times already, no need to post stuff over and over again how sens is higher without rearsight, etc. Everybody who plays Tarkov and cares about their sens knows this. 

42 minutes ago, Cy7 said:

That's why that option is called Ads - No Attachments. This thing has been mentioned multiple times already, no need to post stuff over and over again how sens is higher without rearsight, etc. Everybody who plays Tarkov and cares about their sens knows this. 

No Attachments Doesn't suggest for the fact that a rear sight is not present to a regular user of the tool. If this is the case, it should be reworded to No Rearsight

Edited by Traxilla
2 hours ago, Traxilla said:

No Attachments Doesn't suggest for the fact that a rear sight is not present to a regular user of the tool. If this is the case, it should be reworded to No Rearsight

Ah I see you deleted about it not being a known issue. You mentioned different sens in the first page and then another user mentioned different sens with no rearsight or 1x optic compared to sens with rearsight or 1x optic back in 2018.

Although I do agree that option name could be changed to make it more clearer.

49 minutes ago, Cy7 said:

Ah I see you deleted about it not being a known issue. You mentioned different sens in the first page and then another user mentioned different sens with no rearsight or 1x optic compared to sens with rearsight or 1x optic back in 2018.

Although I do agree that option name could be changed to make it more clearer.

Yes, i deleted it as it was wrong information.