Twilight Town: A Cyberpunk FPS

Just added.
Read more...

Contain

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Vomitoreum

Just added.
Read more...

Double Action: Boogaloo

Just added.
Read more...

FOUNDRY

Just added!
Read more...

Has Anyone Developed a Way to Find Your "Natural" Sensitivity?

Im in a dilemma, where i have a problem to stick to a sensitivity for very long. I always get the feeling of another sensitivity would be better for me. How do one find a sensitivity that suits your body type, arm, wrist? I believe there must be a sensitivity that require less warmup to be precise as if you used the wrong one.

Another question? how did you find your way of aiming using your arm/wrist, how much do you lay on your table and how high is your table. Do you like flaring out your arm for better precision or do you follow the guideline of 90° elbow.

Let me know what you learned and please share what change made your aim better.

No such thing as a natural sensitivity, moving a mouse is all learned behaviour and your "natural preference" is merely an expression of familiarity from a culmination of all the experiences you have had prior to that moment.

Also, games require different sensitivities. CS:GO players typically use lower sensitivity because they need to be very accurate for a small head hit box at long range to be the most competitive, Quake players use high sensitivities because they need to use complex movement and rocket jump around the map in order to play the most optimal meta.

There would be no point in being a CS player who used a 70cm/360, and then wanted to have try a playing Quake stubbornly insisting on maintaining that sensitivity as it's just not the most practical for that game. Use a sens that works for the game you want to play and the type of movements it requires.

• 7 months later...
On 1/23/2021 at 11:59 PM, TheNoobPolice said:

No such thing as a natural sensitivity

I agree. 

On 1/23/2021 at 10:12 PM, Remoy said:

how did you find your way of aiming using your arm/wrist,

Your aim is also depended on equipment you are using. For example if you have large mouse, there is not much room for moving mouse just by your fingers. So making a micro correction is harder, because you are forced to move by your whole hand instead just fingers. Which is "unnatural". If we can say that "natural" sensitivity will be the sensitivity we are all used to the most. And it's a pencil!

I remember a one mouse from Logitech, that had a sensor not in the middle of mouse but somewhere under mouse wheel. I liked the idea because it was very close to pencil sensitivity. So if there would be a mouse which has sensor for example under left mouse button, it will have much close to "natural" sensitivity we are all used to. But it was the only one mouse in that time, so i was thinking, if i will used to this mouse and it will break i will have to buy another mouse which will have sensor back in the middle, so my muscle memory will be destroyed. Also when i'm in work, there will be mouse with sensor in the middle so i would have to buy at least two. So I never bought this mouse, because of that.

It could be done by transforming the mouse movement from middle of the mouse to theoretical point of pencil. But it's not the case of today's mouses, because you can validate very quickly, when you are rotating your mouse without moving. The cursor is almost not moving. With sensor under left mouse button, cursor will be moving.

image.png.4d081227f19e1a5a3dd8c6daca88afe1.png

Or maybe by using two sensors on mouse, in this case you could create your desired theoretical point of movement by software or hardware.

image.png.e66b9808b13faca7e5a5122c191d2d9a.png

So when you are rotating your mouse without moving. The cursor will now move.

Edited by MacSquirrel_Jedi