Arena Breakout: Infinite

Hipfire is added, aims coming soon!
Read more...

Project L33T

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Twilight Town: A Cyberpunk FPS

Just added.
Read more...

Contain

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Vomitoreum

Just added.
Read more...

Fortnite

Means your monitor is 12.25" tall, your input output ratio is roughly 1 : 4.53, and the CPI to achieve 1:4.53 ratio is 399.37. You move your mouse 1 cm, your cursor moves 4.53 cm. You move your mouse 1 inch, your cursor moves 4.53 inch. 1 inch of mouse movement equals 400 pixels, and in-game, 400 pixels worth of rotation.

You wanted the calculator to tell you the perfect value to use as an input, and this will be the most informative thing the calculator could tell you before you settle on a sensitivity without actually testing anything. The outcome is the game is tied to your 2d movement, and all you need to do is change the CPI to achieve that perfect ratio.

11 minutes ago, Badmon said:

hey can you still use this method even if you use a stretched resolution ingame but the standard 1920x1080 in windows? Thanks

Yeah but you must understand that the output has been stretched horizontally, you will have different i/o ratios for X and Y. It would be best to stretch everything or stretch nothing at all. You could try reduce your horizontal sensitivity ingame to counter this, but who knows if your brain perceives the image as being stretched and thus expects the output to be stretched by the same factor. Leaving the sensitivity values alone might be the correct thing to do. You could experiment, if you stretched from a 4:3 resolution to 16:9, then multiply your horizontal sensitivity by 3/4.

• Wizard
10 hours ago, SquirtyBuns said:

Hey Wizard, now that x/y sensitivity is configurable in fortnite, and the default y sensitivity is 70% of the x, how would i match that to a game like cs:go (y sensitivity)? Or a game like Aim Hero.

In csgo you can do this with the m_yaw and m_pitch values. Not sure if it's possible in Aim Hero.

Hi guys.

So I would like my ADS sensitivity to be 0% Monitor Distance of my hipfire sens. But no matter if I put 0% or 100%, it always gives me 1.0 ADS. Am I doing something wrong, is the calculator wrong or is it really like that?

Scope 0% for instance gives me 87% on Scoped rifles and 84% on Sniper Rifles.

• Wizard
2 minutes ago, Jungle said:

Hi guys.

So I would like my ADS sensitivity to be 0% Monitor Distance of my hipfire sens. But no matter if I put 0% or 100%, it always gives me 1.0 ADS. Am I doing something wrong, is the calculator wrong or is it really like that?

Scope 0% for instance gives me 87% on Scoped rifles and 84% on Sniper Rifles.

ADS is actually just the camera moving closer. The FOV is exactly the same so the sensitivity is also the same.

After converting everything correctly and changing the sensitivities in the save file, all of them still seem super slow. For example my 360 hipfire was more of a 200. It didnt seem like I missed anything in the conversion process.

lataus.png

24 minutes ago, Jikko said:

After converting everything correctly and changing the sensitivities in the save file, all of them still seem super slow. For example my 360 hipfire was more of a 200. It didnt seem like I missed anything in the conversion process.

lataus.png

Do you have a Logitech mouse or keyboard? You could script a 360 degree rotation to validate the sensitivity, or to just manually set the sensitivity without using the calculator if the calculator is wrong. Here is a script for the Logitech Gaming Software to do a 360 using your settings.

function OnEvent(event, arg) if ((event == 'G_PRESSED' and arg == 1) or (event == 'MOUSE_BUTTON_PRESSED' and arg == 3)) and GetMKeyState() == 1 then for i = 0, 341 do MoveMouseRelative(40,0) Sleep(10) end end end

Set to automatic game detection, create a profile, rightclick the profile and click scripting. Paste in the code. Leave the scripting page open or set the profile to persistent if the profiles not being utilised. Ingame, press the G1 key (default for me is F1), or click the mouse scroll wheel. Overwatch should be a perfect 360, Fortnite won't be if the sensitivity is wrong. Manually tune the Fortnite sensitivity until it does a perfect 360.

• Wizard
1 hour ago, Jikko said:

Can you post a screenshot of your config file?

1 minute ago, DPI Wizard said:

This also looks correct. As Drimzi asked, do you have a Logitech G keyboard or mouse?

Nope, I've currently got a horrible Corsair one, and a new Steelseries mouse is currently being delivered to me this weekend. Keyboard is also Corsair.

• Wizard
1 hour ago, Jikko said:

Is there a possibility that the game isn't detecting the changes I've made to the editor? I've used both saving them into the config file and cloud export.

Since it's 0.05 in-game it seems like the cloud file is read correctly.

How far in cm/inches is your 360 in Overwatch and Fortnite respectively with these settings when you test?

5 hours ago, DPI Wizard said:

Since it's 0.05 in-game it seems like the cloud file is read correctly.

How far in cm/inches is your 360 in Overwatch and Fortnite respectively with these settings when you test?

Now when testing with the exact same settings once again, my sens is a 370, and on the next restart a perfect 360. I believe its the dreadful Corsair sofware doing its thing. My new mouse comes on monday, so I'll test with that and see if the problem lies there. Thank you for your attempts at helping however! I'll update if the same problem pops up with the new mouse once again.

EDIT: Nope. Went back to being completely wrong 😕 The issue is seriously only in fortntie, and it just randomly fixed-then-messed back up ingame. Im re-installing to see if it works this time. & I don't have a ruler so I can't test but, in OW it takes up my entire mousepad which should be about 45cm (from left to right) while in fortnite it takes my entire mousepad + around 15% of it (so I have to do one swipe from left to right, then another swipe from left to a quarter of it, so, 11.25cm, ish?) Around 56.25cm...ish. My mousepad is huge 😛 spent all my money on this big mousepad rather than getting a ruler to measure!

EDIT #2: I've found the problem! Turns out having Vsync off heavily fucks with the sensitivity. After turning it on, perfect 360! Seems to be the oone causing the problem this time.

EDIT #3: Okay this is just extremely odd. Apparently, switching VSYNC back and forth (4-5 times for me) fixes the sensitivity. My graphic settings also reset, so this is EXTREMELY odd.

Edited by Jikko
  • Wizard
On 07/07/2018 at 14:36, Jikko said:

EDIT #2: I've found the problem! Turns out having Vsync off heavily fucks with the sensitivity. After turning it on, perfect 360! Seems to be the oone causing the problem this time.

EDIT #3: Okay this is just extremely odd. Apparently, switching VSYNC back and forth (4-5 times for me) fixes the sensitivity. My graphic settings also reset, so this is EXTREMELY odd.

Are you testing in Battle Royale or Save the World? I haven't had any issues in BR, but STW has been a bit unstable. Was mostly fixed last time I tested though.