MULLET MADJACK

The config file might use either comma (,) or period (.) as the decimal separator depending on your locale settings.
Read more...

Combat Champions

All aims use the same sensitivity setting, choose the sensitivity for the aim you prefer to be matched.
Read more...

Ghost of Tsushima DIRECTOR'S CUT

The sensitivity and FOV changes depending on certain actions and where you are (indoor etc). The calculations are for the view when you move around outdoor.
Read more...

Russian Fishing 4

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Arena Breakout: Infinite

Hipfire is added, aims coming soon!
Read more...

How to convert ads between games with monitor distance?

Go to solution Solved by DPI Wizard,

Ive been using this calculator for a few months now and ive been trying to figure out how to properly convert ads sensitivity from one game to another. From what I understand, hip fire to hip fire between games is best converted using the 360 degree distance setting. Like I did below for RS2 to RO2. However, when I tried to learn how to do this for ADS to ADS between games I was confused between vertical/horizontal distance, 360 distance, etc. I understand the basics like horizontal distance is only viable when measuring across the equator since measuring at other points would lead to distortion. Same for vertical I guess. If im correct the reason you can't use 360 distance to convert from ADS to ADS is because the ADS FOV values are different between games? For example in RO2 ADS FOV is 52 while ADS FOV in Rising Storm 2 is 57.492909. Although even this is confusing because if I match up ADS to ADS with the 360 distances match i have the same turn amounts for both games in ADS. And isn't that what I want? Same amount of mouse movement between games?  From what I have read on forums it seems that 0% vertical distance is the best but im not exactly sure why this is. And if so, would using 0% vertical distance be a good way to convert from ADS to ADS between games? Below I posted a second image to see if I did the ADS to ADS conversion right. Sorry for rambling but I just really need someone to explain this to me in a clear way because it seems the more I try to understand this stuff the more confused I get.

image.png

image.png

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

• Wizard
  • Solution
2 minutes ago, Superpotatoe123 said:

If im correct the reason you can't use 360 distance to convert from ADS to ADS is because the ADS FOV values are different between games? For example in RO2 ADS FOV is 52 while ADS FOV in Rising Storm 2 is 57.492909. Although even this is confusing because if I match up ADS to ADS with the 360 distances match i have the same turn amounts for both games in ADS. And isn't that what I want? Same amount of mouse movement between games?

For ADS (and scopes) you want to keep the aim consistent, meaning the same mouse movement to either track a target or flick to a point on the monitor. You don't (in most cases) want the same 360 distance as that will make the aim very different depending on the FOV.

For certain games (where you run around a lot while ADS'ing) using 360 distance might be viable since you navigate a lot while ADS'ing.

4 minutes ago, Superpotatoe123 said:

From what I have read on forums it seems that 0% vertical distance is the best but im not exactly sure why this is. And if so, would using 0% vertical distance be a good way to convert from ADS to ADS between games?

0% will keep the tracking speed the same and is generally the most preferred method. Some might find it too slow though.

5 minutes ago, Superpotatoe123 said:

Below I posted a second image to see if I did the ADS to ADS conversion right.

Unless you have very specific preferences you should always use one source for all your conversions, and use the "All" aim whenever possible. This will do all calculations simultaneously and eliminate most pitfalls that might break the consistency.

Ideally like this so the ADS is based on hipfire using MDV 0%: https://www.mouse-sensitivity.com/?share=d0ffd31f15530edf6ca70fc211106075

But if 0.34 is what you want to use do like this instead where the scale for ADS and scope is adjusted so the calculator correctly calculates your ADS sensitivity and uses this for all other games as well: https://www.mouse-sensitivity.com/?share=66e85b1e04baa25667ef1d22208ec0b8

7 minutes ago, DPI Wizard said:

For ADS (and scopes) you want to keep the aim consistent, meaning the same mouse movement to either track a target or flick to a point on the monitor. You don't (in most cases) want the same 360 distance as that will make the aim very different depending on the FOV

So if I understand correctly the vertical monitor distance accounts for the difference in FOVs between games to give an accurate sensitivity even if 360 rotation distance is different while in ADS? Also one more question. If I wanted to convert RS2 to Battlefield 4, would I have to set uniform soldier aim on and set the aiming coefficient to 0 to have the same 0% vertical distance like I did below? 

image.png

• Wizard
1 minute ago, Superpotatoe123 said:

So if I understand correctly the vertical monitor distance accounts for the difference in FOVs between games to give an accurate sensitivity even if 360 rotation distance is different while in ADS?

All the methods except 360 distance does this, but in different ways.

1 minute ago, Superpotatoe123 said:

If I wanted to convert RS2 to Battlefield 4, would I have to set uniform soldier aim on and set the aiming coefficient to 0 to have the same 0% vertical distance like I did below? 

Correct!