Arena Breakout: Infinite

Hipfire is added, aims coming soon!
Read more...

Project L33T

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Twilight Town: A Cyberpunk FPS

Just added.
Read more...

Contain

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Vomitoreum

Just added.
Read more...

Wrist to arm aim

So it occurred to me recently that although my friend and I use the same sens, we mine different due to our aim technique. So I was wondering if you could answer this, he wrist aims, I arm aim. Same sens. Both on overwatch. The sensitivity is 800 5 35 scoped. What would my sens be if I wanted the same movement as him when he wrist aims, but when I arm aim? Curious if that's possible. 

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

oh . I don't know if anybody will be able to figure that out tbh , i'm sure alot of it will matter on biological facts and differences between you two. my best guess is half everything but i'm not sure you'll like how slow that is.

Just now, NoSafety said:

oh . I don't know if anybody will be able to figure that out tbh , i'm sure alot of it will matter on biological facts and differences between you two. my best guess is half everything but i'm not sure you'll like how slow that is.

I'll try half. Thanks ^^ I'm used to low sensitivity most of the time.

other than that the only other thing I can think of is matching the amount he can turn with his wrist to the amount you can turn with your arm at the same degree. so if he can only turn 90 degrees left and right on screen and his hand is sat at 80 degrees from center you would do the same with your arm but I still don't think that will be greatly accurate, should be close though.

Edited by NoSafety
3 hours ago, SladeNova said:

So it occurred to me recently that although my friend and I use the same sens, we mine different due to our aim technique. So I was wondering if you could answer this, he wrist aims, I arm aim. Same sens. Both on overwatch. The sensitivity is 800 5 35 scoped. What would my sens be if I wanted the same movement as him when he wrist aims, but when I arm aim? Curious if that's possible. 

also I think if you're going to try half everything you may want to keep widow at 35 scoped could be wrong. But i'm sure someone with more knowledge can intervene and correct me.

36 minutes ago, Drimzi said:

The answer would probably be roughly half sensitivity since pivoting from the elbow is roughly double the distance compared to pivoting from the wrist. He probably does incorporate his arm in some way, so it won't really match, half will honestly be too slow.

You would keep the scoping sensitivity the same also since it's a multiplier for the base sensitivity.

Anyway, 800 DPI and 5 sensitivity = 34.6364 cm

So double is most likely too slow. You can always go a different route and do a desktop conversion, and do that for all your games to have a universal sensitivity.

If you want to try the new desktop to game conversion, sensitivity will be:

1920x1080 (6/11 WPS) = Sensitivity 9.28, Scoped 45

2560x1440 (6/11 WPS) = Sensitivity 6.96, Scoped 45

Adjust your DPI until the sensitivity is at a point that you like.

Ty

How do you wrist aim with low sensitivity? If it's actually a low sens (something like 52cm/360) you could not aim properly without using your arm in some way. I understand you do use both, wrist for fine corrections etc. You can't aim properly with just your wrist at a true low sensitivity like my example above.

30 minutes ago, Bryjoe said:

How do you wrist aim with low sensitivity? If it's actually a low sens (something like 52cm/360) you could not aim properly without using your arm in some way. I understand you do use both, wrist for fine corrections etc. You can't aim properly with just your wrist at a true low sensitivity like my example above.

5 and 800 DPI isn't low