Arena Breakout: Infinite

Hipfire is added, aims coming soon!
Read more...

Project L33T

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Twilight Town: A Cyberpunk FPS

Just added.
Read more...

Contain

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Vomitoreum

Just added.
Read more...

Halo Infinite

4 hours ago, HeXBLiTz said:

if the 360 distance in the calculator is the same with a scale of 0.2 and 1.0 is there any advantage to using the 0.2 option?

The 0.2 option will allow you to change your sensitivity by smaller increments if you plan on ever changing your sensitivity but as far as converting your sensitivity if they have the exact same 360 distance then there is no increase in accuracy.

Edited by shaeofwar
On 11/17/2021 at 11:19 PM, LastNameTaylor said:

Which zoom level is the Battle Rifle when scoped in? Also, what about the VK-78 Commando Rifle?

Thank you in advance. 

https://www.reddit.com/r/halo/comments/qx900n/list_of_weapons_and_their_zoom_levels/

Quote:

1.4x - Sidekick, Sentinel Beam, Ravager, Pulse Carbine, Plasma Pistol, Needler, Mangler, Assault Rifle, M41 Spankr, Disruptor, Bulldog

2.5x - Commando (the scope is 2.0x but it falls into this category in the sensitivity settings), BR75

3.0x - Stalker rifle (zoom level 1), Skewer (zoom level 1), Shock Rifle

5.0x - S7 Sniper (zoom level 1), Skewer (zoom level 2)

6.0x - Stalker Rifle (zoom level 2)

10x - S7 Sniper (zoom level 2)

Extras:

Cindershot - 1.4x zoom - only weapon that’s alternate fire kicks in when zoomed in - the projectiles become guided by your aim

Melee Weapons - Hammer, Sword

No zoom/alternate fire weapons - Hydra, Heatwave

Edited by spyder256

Am reading that there is a discrepancy with the vertical/horizontal sensitivity for halo infinite - allegedly, having them equal makes vertical sens about half of horizontal sens, so you'd need double vert sens to have "square" aim. Has this been tested/confirmed anywhere? In the calc vertical sens isn't mentioned, so I think this may be overlooked.  Link included below - it's mostly about controller settings, but OP and a few others do mention that it also applies to KBM.

33 minutes ago, WalkTV said:

Am reading that there is a discrepancy with the vertical/horizontal sensitivity for halo infinite - allegedly, having them equal makes vertical sens about half of horizontal sens, so you'd need double vert sens to have "square" aim. Has this been tested/confirmed anywhere? In the calc vertical sens isn't mentioned, so I think this may be overlooked.  Link included below - it's mostly about controller settings, but OP and a few others do mention that it also applies to KBM.

This post looks like it's entirely about controller? I guess it's anecdotal on my part but I definitely haven't noticed any differences horizontal vs. vertical on M&K.

• Wizard
22 minutes ago, MoistGeorgeBush said:

This post looks like it's entirely about controller? I guess it's anecdotal on my part but I definitely haven't noticed any differences horizontal vs. vertical on M&K.

Correct, I have already analyzed the vertical sensitivity and it is 1:1. The vertical value will also come up in the "All" calculations, but will obviously be the same as horizontal unless you change the Y scale settings.

1 hour ago, MoistGeorgeBush said:

OP and a few commentators specifically mentioned it also applies to KBM. However, glad to see they were wrong and there isn't a difference. Just more misinformation to correct. 

On 11/28/2021 at 11:07 AM, ubersmooch said:

Even after using this site and that method with the sens scaling nothing feels right to me, is it just me or do other people feel the same way?r

Yeah sniping especially feels wrong in the sens department. Maybe it's just placebo or something but could @DPI Wizard check it again and see if everything is right? idk I've just been feeling like my sniping sens is way higher than im used to

• Wizard
On 11/28/2021 at 8:07 PM, ubersmooch said:

Even after using this site and that method with the sens scaling nothing feels right to me, is it just me or do other people feel the same way?r

4 hours ago, IsaacLightning said:

Yeah sniping especially feels wrong in the sens department. Maybe it's just placebo or something but could @DPI Wizard check it again and see if everything is right? idk I've just been feeling like my sniping sens is way higher than im used to

The game has some weird acceleration issues. See this video, I run the same script to do a 360 four times. First time it's accelerated, second time it works correctly, third is accelerated and fourth works again.

5 minutes ago, DPI Wizard said:

The game has some weird acceleration issues. See this video, I run the same script to do a 360 four times. First time it's accelerated, second time it works correctly, third is accelerated and fourth works again.

Hmm this seems weird. I feel like if there was this big of an acceleration issue I would feel it. I'm pretty anal about mouse acceleration/deceleration and I've felt nothing but raw input so far. I wonder if this issue could be tied to something in game ?

5 hours ago, DPI Wizard said:

Maybe it has to do with the irregular frametimes and dropped frames? I know the in-game framerate limiter introduces bad frametimes.

2 hours ago, LeopardTurret said:

Maybe it has to do with the irregular frametimes and dropped frames? I know the in-game framerate limiter introduces bad frametimes.

Maybe? I know I've  had global frame rate capped at 143 on 144hz monitor with global vysnc and gsync enabled as well since I started playing - and I've never noticed any aiming issues.

5 minutes ago, HeXBLiTz said:

So we should be capping the FPS in NV control panel and not in game then?

Capping FPS in NV control panel will give better frametimes, but it adds around an extra frame of input lag. Same with Rivatuner. Usually using in-game fps limiters is better in terms of latency. 

10 minutes ago, LeopardTurret said:

Capping FPS in NV control panel will give better frametimes, but it adds around an extra frame of input lag. Same with Rivatuner. Usually using in-game fps limiters is better in terms of latency. 

I know when NV Control panel first added and FPS limiter this was the consensus, but things have been mixed as far as what is the best option since then. I've just read different takes so I'm not sure. Maybe check this link out and tell me what you think. 

Do y'all still see weird acceleration issues if you disable Steam Input in the Halo Infinite game properties within Steam Library (under Controller section)?

Yes, that has to do with controllers but I feel that not only does it improve controller gameplay but MKB gameplay as well.

On top of that, I swear there is some kind of glitch going on with the "Movement Assisted Steering" option under mouse & keyboard settings in the Halo Infinite menu (it's a checkbox that is enabled by default). Unchecking/Disabling this also made my mouse feel way better even though the option itself is only supposed to apply to movement while looking around while driving a vehicle, lol. The game is honestly a glitchy mess so it wouldn't surprise me if this were true.

Making these 2 changes above made my mouse and keyboard aim feel infinitely better... at least that's how it felt like to me.

EDIT: Not saying that these things are responsible for the acceleration or weird aim feel, it's just personally my aim feel felt a lot better with these changes.

Edited by pervysage

disable Steam Input in the Halo Infinite game properties within Steam Library

1 hour ago, pervysage said:

Do y'all still see weird acceleration issues if you disable Steam Input in the Halo Infinite game properties within Steam Library (under Controller section)?

Yes, that has to do with controllers but I feel that not only does it improve controller gameplay but MKB gameplay as well.

On top of that, I swear there is some kind of glitch going on with the "Movement Assisted Steering" option under mouse & keyboard settings in the Halo Infinite menu (it's a checkbox that is enabled by default). Unchecking/Disabling this also made my mouse feel way better even though the option itself is only supposed to apply to movement while looking around while driving a vehicle, lol. The game is honestly a glitchy mess so it wouldn't surprise me if this were true.

Making these 2 changes above made my mouse and keyboard aim feel infinitely better... at least that's how it felt like to me.

Ok, disabling the steam input made an noticeable difference in how the aiming felt, thank you for replying with that

3 minutes ago, WalkTV said:

disable Steam Input in the Halo Infinite game properties within Steam Library

Ok, disabling the steam input made an noticeable difference in how the aiming felt, thank you for replying with that

Weird I tried it and couldn't tell a difference maybe I need to restart my game in between turning it on off? 

Just now, WalkTV said:

no I just restarted the game after changing the setting

Ya I just tested after restarting the game and I might notice a little more responsiveness but hard to tell for sure. I'll have to get some games in in a bit to really see. 

Did you notice any difference from disabling the vehicle setting mentioned ?

46 minutes ago, MoistGeorgeBush said:

Ya I just tested after restarting the game and I might notice a little more responsiveness but hard to tell for sure. I'll have to get some games in in a bit to really see. 

Did you notice any difference from disabling the vehicle setting mentioned ?

You definitely have to restart the game after changing the Steam Input setting (it even says so in the same window to restart the game). Otherwise it won't take effect.

As for the the vehicle setting, I'd say the best way to test would be to create a custom game with some bots and then  toggle the checkbox for Assisted Motion Steering on & off a bunch of times in between shooting bots to see if you can notice anything.

I did myself and could feel it and so did my friend. We both agree that we can't go back to playing with the setting enabled because it feels like crap, lol.

Edited by pervysage
36 minutes ago, pervysage said:

You definitely have to restart the game after changing the Steam Input setting (it even says so in the same window to restart the game). Otherwise it won't take effect.

As for the the vehicle setting, I'd say the best way to test would be to create a custom game with some bots and then  toggle the checkbox for Assisted Motion Steering on & off a bunch of times in between shooting bots to see if you can notice anything.

I did myself and could feel it and so did my friend. We both agree that we can't go back to playing with the setting enabled because it feels like crap, lol.

OK after playing a few games I definitely notice a difference after changing these two settings. The steam controller support one seemed to make the most difference. The difference isn't as obvious with easy to use weapons like the AR or BR, but I did much better with the sidekick which I've always struggled with. I have no idea how you found these settings haha