V Rising

Use the config file for best accuracy.
Read more...

Vigor

The sensitivity slider is not accurate, expect some discrepancy. Use the config file for best accuracy.
Read more...

MULLET MADJACK

The config file might use either comma (,) or period (.) as the decimal separator depending on your locale settings.
Read more...

Combat Champions

All aims use the same sensitivity setting, choose the sensitivity for the aim you prefer to be matched.
Read more...

Ghost of Tsushima DIRECTOR'S CUT

The sensitivity and FOV changes depending on certain actions and where you are (indoor etc). The calculations are for the view when you move around outdoor.
Read more...

Still not quite sure how to match my sensitivities

Go to solution Solved by fortunate reee,

So, I've been doing some research into Windows/Desktop monitor matching, and without much success in the other options I decided to give it a go; but it still feels off. I've been trying to translate between Vanguard, R6 (4:3), BF2042 and Apex to no avail. I've used all different methods but none of them still feel right at all. MDV at 0%, 56.25% and 100% but still nothing. Does anyone have any pointers? Do I 100% need to use the same FOV in different games? If so, should I match VFOV or HFOV?

19 minutes ago, EternalWraith said:

So, I've been doing some research into Windows/Desktop monitor matching, and without much success in the other options I decided to give it a go; but it still feels off. I've been trying to translate between Vanguard, R6 (4:3), BF2042 and Apex to no avail. I've used all different methods but none of them still feel right at all. MDV at 0%, 56.25% and 100% but still nothing. Does anyone have any pointers? Do I 100% need to use the same FOV in different games? If so, should I match VFOV or HFOV?

you are trying to match stretched res to non stretched res . that wont ever work properly do yourself a favour and stop using stretched in r6 and go back to native then you can try to match the fov which should give you a uniform experience

grafik.png.8ba5a0cbabde43e845f6d752f4184569.png you dont even have to understand the different fov types thx  to auto fov just set it to one of the games fovs and fov types ( siege uses vdeg )

*when you have the same aspect ratio / res the vertical and horizontal fov wont matter on 16:9 73.74vertical  will likely be 106.26 horizontal fov

------------

if you want to use different fovs on the same  aspect ration you can also create a custom res using

grafik.png.86c153f1f41d3696fbe7cc7b68b92cd8.png

grafik.png.682c5b0c61e7b5d86ef748aba49208e3.png--the focal length setting this will show you the res you need to set in order to ahve the same feel even while having different fovs

the only thing you give up in return will be screen space since this gives you sizeable blackbars ( depending on your initial and target fov )

---------------------------

Edited by fortunate reee
9 minutes ago, fortunate reee said:

you are trying to match stretched res to non stretched res . that wont ever work properly do yourself a favour and stop using stretched in r6 and go back to native then you can try to match the fov which should give you a uniform experience

grafik.png.8ba5a0cbabde43e845f6d752f4184569.png you dont even have to understand the different fov types thx  to auto fov just set it to one of the games fovs and fov types ( siege uses vdeg )

*when you have the same aspect ratio / res the vertical and horizontal fov wont matter on 16:9 73.74vertical  will likely be 106.26 horizontal fov

------------

if you want to use different fovs on the same  aspect ration you can also create a custom res using

grafik.png.86c153f1f41d3696fbe7cc7b68b92cd8.png

grafik.png.682c5b0c61e7b5d86ef748aba49208e3.png--the focal length setting this will show you the res you need to set in order to ahve the same feel even while having different fovs

the only thing you give up in return will be screen space since this gives you sizeable blackbars ( depending on your initial and target fov )

---------------------------

And with regards to Game -> Game vs Game -> Windows/Desktop -> Game: which one is better?

22 minutes ago, EternalWraith said:

And with regards to Game -> Game vs Game -> Windows/Desktop -> Game: which one is better?

comes down to personal preference:

personally used them  all and i tend to match other games to the game that is the least accesible or to rephrase as an example if i were to play overwatch cod r6 bf4 and borderlands 2 i would match from borderlands 2 sicne that game has the least options or least custumizeability as far as matching your sense goes since both battlefield and r6 have a config file you can use they are easiely matched to almost anything while smth like cod or overwatch will stil match alright.

windows to game is nice aswell but is often held back by games such as bl2 that arent as userfriendly in terms of matching which will then give you a decently sized discrepacy ( not as bad as one might think but still a mild annoyance)

my current setuo looks smth like this

https://www.mouse-sensitivity.com/?share=0da8aa77e90c6499c83f7d58325139b5

(*mind i use curstom curve to have 1600dpi behave like 400, and added a linear accel "curve" that gives me both about 35cm as well as the 41.6 ish cm depending on the speed i move at )

Edited by fortunate reee
3 minutes ago, fortunate reee said:

comes down to personal preference:

personally used them  all and i tend to match other games to the game that is the least accesible or to rephrase as an example if i were to play overwatch cod r6 bf4 and borderlands 2 i would match from borderlands 2 sicne that game has the least options or least custumizeability as far as matching your sense goes since both battlefield and r6 have a config file you can use they are easiely matched to almost anything while smth like cod or overwatch will stil match alright.

windows to game is nice aswell but is often held back by games such as bl2 that arent as userfriendly in terms of matching which will then give you a decently sized discrepacy ( not as bad as one might think but still a mild annoyance)

my current setuo looks smth like this

https://www.mouse-sensitivity.com/?share=0da8aa77e90c6499c83f7d58325139b5

(*mind i use curstom curve to have 1600dpi behave like 400, and added a linear accel "curve" that gives me both about 35cm as well as the 41.6 ish cm depending on the speed i move at )

Right, I'll bear this in mind. And on a final note, what's the advantage of using MDV over MDH? Does it matter which one I use? I've tried MDV and none of it feels comfortable at all. 

On 12/14/2021 at 10:22 AM, fortunate reee said:

there is no difference so there is no advantage each mdv point has ist corresponding mdh point

while only 0% mdv and mdh is identical. id suggest trying to stick with 0% and actually usign it for some time ( while usign strictly native aspect ie 16:9 ) to get an actual feel for it

Sorry for slow reply, I've been hectically busy over the last few days. Thank you for all your help. 

I did think of one more question with regards to Scale: Is it best to use 100%/1.0 ADS. I would assume that this would equal a 1:1 hip:ads sens but is that even the best option?

• Solution
1 hour ago, EternalWraith said:

I would assume that this would equal a 1:1 hip:ads

that depends on the game and your deffinitin of 1:1 sens

some believe that 1:1 is based purely on distace which would make 1:1 sens 360 distance match ( really dont approve that one myself, used to do that years ago before i got into this whle topic but it really aint the play keeps you far too inconsistent )

others consider 1:1 0% mdh match or focal length (which is a mathematically sound match, but can throw some off initially )

while game devs tend to use mdh 100%/ mdv 178% matching a single point ( the edge of the screen ) because it seems the, most logical to them,or as another example mdv 133% in the case of csgo due to its old native res 4:3 

this tends to give you a feeling of initial security or rather perceived consistency but doesnt actually hold up all that way

tldr: (360dist) < (mdh/mdv 1-xxx%) < (mdh/ mdv 0%)

worst  ---------------------------------------------------- best

not all games have the same 1.0 ads values, far from it seems pretty random so its mostly a matter of you picking the one match you perfer the most and then matching that to the other games you want to play as well as you can (doesnt always work perfectly but small discrepancies arent as neck breaking as you might think)