Combat Champions

All aims use the same sensitivity setting, choose the sensitivity for the aim you prefer to be matched.
Read more...

Ghost of Tsushima DIRECTOR'S CUT

The sensitivity and FOV changes depending on certain actions and where you are (indoor etc). The calculations are for the view when you move around outdoor.
Read more...

Russian Fishing 4

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Arena Breakout: Infinite

Hipfire is added, aims coming soon!
Read more...

Project L33T

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

MATHEMATICAL EQUATION TO CALCULATE SENSITIVITY IN GAMES ?

Hi, Wizard would you please give me the mathematical equation use for calculating sens in games ?

I know aspect ratio + fov are use etc. The reason why i'm asking you this is because in battlefield 2042 the scopes all have " WRONG " values when it comes to fov decrease or zoom level therefore USA is not working properly at all.

So what i would like to do is calculating my sens PER SCOPE myself by using the WRONG values. Hope that make sense ?

Would really appreciate some help with this. Thanks.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Wizard
9 minutes ago, MightyJay said:

Hi, Wizard would you please give me the mathematical equation use for calculating sens in games ?

Hi! There is no specific equation to this, every game and every scope needs to be analyzed and an equation reverse engineered for both the sensitivity and potentially the FOV.

And I don't share these because there's a lot of work going into engineering them. Some are very complex to account for all possible scenarios, some of the scopes in BF 2042 are over 300 characters long, here's a pixelated screenshot of a single equation (over 5 lines) to give you an idea 😄

image.png

15 minutes ago, MightyJay said:

The reason why i'm asking you this is because in battlefield 2042 the scopes all have " WRONG " values when it comes to fov decrease or zoom level therefore USA is not working properly at all.

USA in BF 2042 is working exactly as it should, as I have shown many times:

USA works on the actual FOV, not the name of the scope. The name is irrelevant.

If you for some reason want a 4X in BF 2042 to have the same 360 distance as a 4X in BFV you can just convert between them using 360 distance, but this won't preserve any kind of aiming consistency between them :)

Ok, i respect that no problem.

So basically what you're saying is that even if a 1,5x in 2042 have the exact same fov DECREASE than a 2x in BFV USA still does it job correctly nontheless ?

Ok i trust the math on that matter but man something is off for sure and i'm not coming to this because x streamer or youtuber say so but playing 2042 for 20 mins and going back to Siege or even Modern Warfare is night and day.

Is it possible that the way you are calculating stuff could be correct and incorrect at the same time because of things like INPUT LAG for example ?

And thanks for your answer by the way.

• Wizard
1 hour ago, MightyJay said:

So basically what you're saying is that even if a 1,5x in 2042 have the exact same fov DECREASE than a 2x in BFV USA still does it job correctly nontheless ?

Correct (they are not exactly the same, but close). As you can see here after hipfire sensitivity have been matched first: https://www.mouse-sensitivity.com/?share=13613e862d3f2c35a9d68d5501363b98

1 hour ago, MightyJay said:

Is it possible that the way you are calculating stuff could be correct and incorrect at the same time because of things like INPUT LAG for example ?

Input lag might play a part indeed, on my system it works fine up until 2 kHz polling rate, but 4 kHz and 8 kHz are completely useless.

It wouldn't surprise me if 1 kHz might cause issues on some systems, or even that the bug present in the beta still affects some people.

Input lag won't change the actual sensitivity though, you will still move the correct amount, but it will feel horrible because of the lag.

Oh no, i know input lag won't PHYSICALLY change the cm/360 i was thinking of it like being so delayed that maybe the game wasn't register it cause i'm CERTAIN something's wrong with the PERCEIVE sens. Best way to described it would be to play on a wet mousepad, micro adjustements are so hard to perform it is like the game is skipping some inputs (deadzone).

Well maybe you're right the bug from the beta might actually still affect some people...

But anyway, thank you for taking the time to answer my questions, i guess i'll just have to wait on Dice to figure out things. Thanks man, see you.