Robin Hood - Sherwood Builders

See the game notes for instructions on how to reduce smoothing.
Read more...

Gas Station Simulator

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Mortal Shell

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Incursion Red River

The sensitivity slider is not accurate, expect some discrepancy. Use the config file for best accuracy.
Read more...

ONCE HUMAN

Hipfire added, more aims to come. See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

I found something really wired these days.Yesterday I got my new rival310 with truemove 3 engine and noticed that on the same dpi and game settings my rival310 takes less cms finishing a 360 turn in csgo(800dpi ingame 1.5),compared with rival100,300and ec2a. I use raw input, no accleration, enhance pointer percition off, win speed 6.

Then I went to dpi analyzer to find my rival310 has different real dpi from whats shown in the ss3driver (I set it to 800dpi, while analyzer told me its actually 864) . This also occurs on my Deathadder elite with 3389 engine and ec1a with 3310. While my rival300, 100 and ec2a are on the exact dpi to their settings(set 800dpi and its 800).

The calculator shows that on 800dpi, csgo speed 1.5, it takes 34.6364cm to finish a 360 turn while my rival310, DAelite and ec1a only take about 32cm. My rival100 and 300 perform "normaly" in the test(about 34cm). That confused me a lot and I found some pals had the same problem with their rival310s and DAelites (800dpi 1.5ingame, 32cm for 360 turn). Someone told me that it was because of different mice engines using different calculators. Really? If so, how does it explain my ec1a and 2a have different moving speed?

I have done the tests over 10 times on 3 different win10 pcs and the results are based on tools of this web.

Really confused! Thaaanks for any ideas!

2017-09-08_173348.png

2017-09-08_173348.png

2017-09-08_173408.png

2017-09-08_173455.png

1 hour ago, DPI Wizard said:

It is normal unfortunately, and same sensors might have different firmware making them behave differently.

On the bright side you can use the calculator here to convert from old to new DPI and maintain the same feel :)

Thanks!;) That helps a lot. Is the calculator based on a certain sensor like pmw3310 or some kind of standard, or a theory? For example, The metre is defined as the length of the path travelled by light in a vacuum in 1299 792 458  seconds(quoted from wiki).

Edited by WilliamGlorify
  • Wizard
1 minute ago, WilliamGlorify said:

Thanks!;) That helps a lot. Is the calculator based on a certain sensor like pmw3310 or some kind of standard, or a theory?

It's based on a perfect representation of counts, meaning for instance a 360 distance 10 inches with 1000 dpi equals 10.000 counts. Games are analyzed using scripting which perfectly produce the desired amount of counts every time, and not done using any kind of physical movement.

16 minutes ago, DPI Wizard said:

It's based on a perfect representation of counts, meaning for instance a 360 distance 10 inches with 1000 dpi equals 10.000 counts. Games are analyzed using scripting which perfectly produce the desired amount of counts every time, and not done using any kind of physical movement.

Got it! So is there any engine can perfectly fit the calculator? Or how do we define if an engine is up to standard with the calculator?

• Wizard
1 minute ago, WilliamGlorify said:

Got it! So is there any engine can perfectly fit the calculator? Or how do we define if an engine is up to standard with the calculator?

Do you mean engine as in mouse sensor? It's hard to say as it's dependent on the firmware as well as the hardware. But the PMW3366 in the Logitech G900 is the most accurate I've tested so far.

However the way to get the most accurate result is to first use the DPI Analyzer, and use the DPI you get from that test in the calculator.

34 minutes ago, DPI Wizard said:

Do you mean engine as in mouse sensor? It's hard to say as it's dependent on the firmware as well as the hardware. But the PMW3366 in the Logitech G900 is the most accurate I've tested so far.

However the way to get the most accurate result is to first use the DPI Analyzer, and use the DPI you get from that test in the calculator.

I agree.But truemove3 really disappointed me.

Every mouse varies with its actual DPI and what's advertised in the software. Normal.  I've tested a dozen mice in the hardware section of this website. The rival 310 is my top pick for various reasons. 

What you need in a sensor is consistent, fast accurate plotting. 

Edited by DNAMTE