Twilight Town: A Cyberpunk FPS

Just added.
Read more...

Contain

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Vomitoreum

Just added.
Read more...

Double Action: Boogaloo

Just added.
Read more...

FOUNDRY

Just added!
Read more...

Apex Legends FOV issue

I can't figure out how FOV works in Apex Legends.
I know that the game rounds the FOV value before calculating the sensitivity. But I can't figure out in what units the game shows the FOV value on its slider in the settings. For example, if I set the FOV value to 105 Hdeg4:3 in the calculator, the calculator will give me a multiplier of 1.500000, but if I enter this multiplier into the game config file, then when I log into the game, I will see the value 106 on the slider. Thus, I can't figure out which of the FOV values to trust when converting, for example, to Apex aim trainer. If I convert using the value 105 Deg (multiplier 1.500000), then going into the game I see that the FOV is not 105 as it should be, but 106!

Ignore the ingame fov slider. Your actual horizontal 4:3 fov is 70 * cl_fovscale.

This converts cl_fovScale to ingame fov slider, no idea why its like this but it shows you can just ignore the ingame slider value as it is nonsense:
(cl_fovScale * 70)/0.9625 - 70/0.9625 + 70

Edited by Drimzi
  • Wizard
4 hours ago, Stavrogin said:

Thus, I can't figure out which of the FOV values to trust when converting, for example, to Apex aim trainer. If I convert using the value 105 Deg (multiplier 1.500000), then going into the game I see that the FOV is not 105 as it should be, but 106!

If the FOV Type for a game is "Multiplier" in the calculator, you can never use this value directly. You have to see the output for the Actual FOV which will show you the correct actual FOV value.

3 hours ago, Stavrogin said:

Very interesting, how did you manage to find this formula?

For some reason they assigned cl_fovScale 1 (70 actual hdeg 4:3) to in-game value 70 and cl_fovScale 1.55 (108.5 actual hdeg 4:3) to in-game value 110 and made it scale linearly between these points.

There's absolutely no good reason for this other than them being lazy with their implementation.