Combat Champions

All aims use the same sensitivity setting, choose the sensitivity for the aim you prefer to be matched.
Read more...

Ghost of Tsushima DIRECTOR'S CUT

The sensitivity and FOV changes depending on certain actions and where you are (indoor etc). The calculations are for the view when you move around outdoor.
Read more...

Russian Fishing 4

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Arena Breakout: Infinite

Hipfire is added, aims coming soon!
Read more...

Project L33T

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Help: Mouse Y and X sens are not even

Soulfire1992

Hello, my mouse y and x sensitivity are not even, furthermore x seems to be double as fast as y. This is a permanent thing for me, regardless of being on desktop or in any game. I tried different mice, scaling options, gpu driver related settings and 3rd party software to match the sensitivities...... so i'm out of ideas and it's driving me nuts since I cannot figure out what causes it.

System:

Win11 64
RTX 2070S
I7 9700K
ASUS Prime Z-390P
Tried Logitech G502Hero / 502X, Corsair Nightsword RGB and a no name mouse.

I'd be unbelieveably thankful for any advice you might have, thank you.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The y would normally "feel" slower than x because we have less range of motion in our fingers up and down that our wrist left to right. This is why some people prefer to increase the y sensitivity.

Besides that (and assuming you have factually measured a difference, because "seems to be faster" is not really convincing taking into account the above), if you know you did not adjust the axial DPI in your mouse software(s), the only thing that could occur is if there was a mouse filter installed that is performing some math on the input or causing some error in processing the (x, y) input packet.

If you go to this registry key

Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class{4d36e96f-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}

You can see any LowerFilters or UpperFilter keys for the mouse device class in the right hand pane. There is only usually the default "mouclass" under UpperFilters in a default windows install. If there are any LowerFilters especially, and you don't explicitly know you want them / installed them, then that would be something you should probably address as to why they are there.

image.png.cb431156675b4f6122add17552d96576.png

15 hours ago, TheNoobPolice said:

The y would normally "feel" slower than x because we have less range of motion in our fingers up and down that our wrist left to right. This is why some people prefer to increase the y sensitivity.

Besides that (and assuming you have factually measured a difference, because "seems to be faster" is not really convincing taking into account the above), if you know you did not adjust the axial DPI in your mouse software(s), the only thing that could occur is if there was a mouse filter installed that is performing some math on the input or causing some error in processing the (x, y) input packet.

If you go to this registry key

Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class{4d36e96f-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}

You can see any LowerFilters or UpperFilter keys for the mouse device class in the right hand pane. There is only usually the default "mouclass" under UpperFilters in a default windows install. If there are any LowerFilters especially, and you don't explicitly know you want them / installed them, then that would be something you should probably address as to why they are there.

image.png.cb431156675b4f6122add17552d96576.png

Hey, thanks for your reply. I checked the registry key but didn't spot anything unusual. Is there a way to increase the Y sens within the registry?

"The y would normally "feel" slower than x because we have less range of motion in our fingers up and down that our wrist left to right. This is why some people prefer to increase the y sensitivity."

Whenever I see people playing Overwatch ( regardless of their eDPI, even low values like 3000 - 6000 ) they don't have a problem hitting things below/above them or aiming up/down in general - but when I tried some lower eDPI I was barely able to do it. Looking left/right is fine but down/up feels horribly slow and makes me not want to engage any vertical fights at all.

I did a clean install of Win11 yesterday and played Overwatch without any mouse related stuff installed with no success. So it is not a driver or software issue I guess.

• Wizard
2 minutes ago, Soulfire1992 said:

1920 x 1080. With 400DPI I need about 6,5cm vertical and 11,5cm horizontal.

This is pretty much spot on, 6.858 cm for vertical and 12.192 cm for horizontal is what it should be.

But considering that you measure by hand and that the mouse likely isn't exactly 400 DPI I don't see an issue here?

• 2 weeks later...