Read more...

DUCKSIDE

Use the config file for best accuracy.
Read more...

Calcium Contract

Use the config file for best accuracy.
Read more...

Containment Zone

See the game notes for instructions on how to set the sensitivity.
Read more...

Modern Warships

The sensitivity slider is not accurate, expect some discrepancy. Use the registry calculation for best accuracy.
Read more...

Rainbow Six Siege shows the same default mouse sensitivity during conversion

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

New here, so i m not sure what purple button you are exactly talking about. Any way, i m attaching image files in this reply, hopefully that helps.

Only MouseSensitivityMultiplierUnit is changing here. Assuming that the multiplier is the only unit helping here, it still doesnot seem right as for all different ads'es the value remains same (50 and 65), but according to official R6 source, even with the same multiplier, each scope will have different values.

Screenshot 2022-11-27 030658.png

Screenshot 2022-11-27 030744.png

Edited by Imm1Gr4nT
  • Wizard
1 minute ago, Imm1Gr4nT said:

New here, so i m not sure what purple button you are exactly talking about.

This one ;)

image.png

1 minute ago, Imm1Gr4nT said:

Only MouseSensitivityMultiplierUnit is changing here. Assuming that the multiplier is the only unit helping here, it still doesnot seem right as for all different ads'es the value remains same (55 and 65)

All the sensitivity values, both the ADS from Valorant, and hipfire, ADS and scope in R6, are based on the input hipfire sensitivity and FOV, which is Valorant hipfire.

For Valorant the ADS is a product of "Sensitivity: Aim" and "ADS Sensitivity Multiplier", so when you change the hipfire sensitivity (i.e. "Sensitivity: Aim") the output for the ADS will be the same as it is based on this value.

The same goes for R6. The hipfire is a product of "MouseYawSensitivity" and "MouseSensitivityMultiplierUnit", while the ADS is a product of those two and "MouseSensitivityMultiplierUnit" and "ADSMouseSensitivityXX". So when only the "MouseSensitivityMultiplierUnit" changes it directly affect all the other aims so they don't need to change.

If you change the calculator to Advanced Mode:

image.png

You will see that the 360 distance for each scope changes significantly when you change from 0.3 to 0.8 in Valorant.

The values still didnt change, still 50 and 65  https://www.mouse-sensitivity.com/?share=37936bf2db5e12abc6a02fc49df58db8

The original post by r6 team when this sensitivity system was changed detailed that each scope had its own multiplier and hence when choosing advanced option, each scope will have a different value. Guide to ADS Sensitivity in Y5S3 (ubisoft.com

When i tried doing this manually, i found out, changing in-game. My hip fire for both x and y becomes 4, my 1x is 35.

Interestingly, changing FOV to Hdeg 16:9 and then setting my FOV to the FOV set in game, gives the calculation for hip as 4 and 1x as 33 (pretty close to mine), but the rest scopes are given all same which when i did manually got different values. https://www.mouse-sensitivity.com/?share=23cf891404803fe3acca2d30300f5012

• Wizard
9 minutes ago, Imm1Gr4nT said:

The values still didnt change, still 50 and 65  https://www.mouse-sensitivity.com/?share=37936bf2db5e12abc6a02fc49df58db8

The 360 distance changes, not the sensitivity values. Note that the 50 values are default values (that you can change manually), only the multiplier is actually calculated in the output since it offers a lot more precision.

10 minutes ago, Imm1Gr4nT said:

The original post by r6 team when this sensitivity system was changed detailed that each scope had its own multiplier and hence when choosing advanced option, each scope will have a different value. Guide to ADS Sensitivity in Y5S3 (ubisoft.com

This is a guide on how to convert from the old to new ADS sensitivity. As you can see, the hipfire sensitivity is not a factor in the equation. This is because the ADS scales with the hipfire sensitivity. If you change the hipfire sensitivity you also change all the ADS sensitivity.

17 minutes ago, Imm1Gr4nT said:

When i tried doing this manually, i found out, changing in-game. My hip fire for both x and y becomes 4, my 1x is 35.

This is what you get for hipfire if you switch the location to in-game. For the scopes it depends on what you had before, it doesn't necessarily match the default conversion setup in the calculator.