Read more...

DUCKSIDE

Use the config file for best accuracy.
Read more...

Calcium Contract

Use the config file for best accuracy.
Read more...

Containment Zone

See the game notes for instructions on how to set the sensitivity.
Read more...

Modern Warships

The sensitivity slider is not accurate, expect some discrepancy. Use the registry calculation for best accuracy.
Read more...

Hunt: Showdown inaccurate feeling calculations, improved settings explanation.

Go to solution Solved by Landon Buttars,

In Hunt: Showdown there are several modes of aim that all have their own sensitivities and FOV. The ones I'm aware of are lowered, raised/hipfire, and ADS. I play gunslinger with the "Keep lowered state" toggled on meaning I hardly ever hipfire. I'm almost always either ADS or in a lowered state. From what I understand there are independent sensitivities for Default which I assume is lowered state, Shoulder Aim which I assume is hipfire, and Aim Down Sights which is ADS for 1x weapons. For whatever reason (FOV change while lowered/ads?) my sensitivity feels drastically different when going from lowered state to ADS with the ADS feeling much slower. What I'm looking for is my sensitivity to feel the same between the two states. Is there a way to achieve this?

Additionally I think the settings are a bit confusing and not immediately obvious. In another forum post ADS vs hip fire setting was explained but goes unexplained other than stating "Choose which you prefer." It's difficult to know which I prefer if I don't understand what I'm choosing between. Maybe a brief explanation on the calculator itself would make things more clear.

Edited by Landon Buttars
  • Landon Buttars changed the title to Hunt: Showdown inaccurate feeling calculations, improved settings explanation.
  • Wizard

The config file naming of the aims can be a bit confusing, switch the location to In-game to better see what the different values are.

• MouseSensitivity is Default, i.e. regular hipfire.
  • HipMouseSensitivity (Hipfire) is Shoulder Aim using the hipfire conversion setup.
  • HipMouseSensitivity (ADS) is Shoulder Aim using the ADS conversion setup.

The reason for the two different Shoulder Aim calculations is because some want to treat it as hipfire, others ADS.

You choose the Shoulder Aim/Lowered State FOV in the special option:

image.png

• Solution
9 hours ago, DPI Wizard said:

The config file naming of the aims can be a bit confusing, switch the location to In-game to better see what the different values are.

• MouseSensitivity is Default, i.e. regular hipfire.
  • HipMouseSensitivity (Hipfire) is Shoulder Aim using the hipfire conversion setup.
  • HipMouseSensitivity (ADS) is Shoulder Aim using the ADS conversion setup.

The reason for the two different Shoulder Aim calculations is because some want to treat it as hipfire, others ADS.

You choose the Shoulder Aim/Lowered State FOV in the special option:

image.png

What I understand is MouseSensitivity determines the sensitivity for the lowered state, HipMouseSensitivity determines the hipfire sensitivity and can be treated as ADS or hipfire, and Aim Down Sight is for ADS sens. 

What I'm not understanding is why my ADS sensitivity is so drastically slower than the other two sensitivities? What this is causing is as I flick depending on where I ADS affects when my mouse sensitivity and is making my aim very inconsistent. The ADS 360 distance is more than double the distance of hipfire which doesn't seem right and doesn't feel right in game.  

EDIT:
After RTFM (https://www.mouse-sensitivity.com/forums/topic/6396-instructions/) I noticed after toggling the advanced calculator it was calculating 360 distance for Hipfire/Look instead of Monitor Distance. After setting it to Monitor Distance Horizontal it fixed my issue and now my sens feels very consistent between between ads/hipfire/lowered.

Thanks!