Combat Champions

All aims use the same sensitivity setting, choose the sensitivity for the aim you prefer to be matched.
Read more...

Ghost of Tsushima DIRECTOR'S CUT

The sensitivity and FOV changes depending on certain actions and where you are (indoor etc). The calculations are for the view when you move around outdoor.
Read more...

Russian Fishing 4

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Arena Breakout: Infinite

Hipfire is added, aims coming soon!
Read more...

Project L33T

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

CSGO to Modern Warfare 2 / Warzone 2.0 Is Inaccurate For Zoom

Go to solution Solved by DPI Wizard,

Hi,

I purchased a subscription hoping I could get some support calculting CSGO to Modern Warfare 2 / Warzone 2.0

When scoped in with a sniper rifle I want the sensitivity to be exactly like the first and second zooms of an awp, first below or equal to a 8.0x zoom, second greater than or equal to this.

I am dissapointed that the calculator suggests I cut the zoom sensitivity. Doing manual testing with a ruler the right value should be somewhere between 1 and 1.5 zoom multiplier using a monitor distance coefficient of 1.33.

I am using a DPI of 800 a 16:9 screen, a zoom_sensitivity_multiplier of 1 in CSGO and a sensitivity of 1 in CSGO.

Similarly my hipfire (nomal) sensitivity in Warzone is 3.33.

Can I kindly ask for some support in this as the zoom sensitivity values for Modern Warfare are blatently wrong. I have found it very difficult to find the right information to assist with this issue.

The results of the output are below, I don't know why the calculator chooses to use the 0.82 zoom_sensitivity_ratio_mouse when I want it to use the default value of 1.

image.thumb.png.6e1f346cea89884420c47d40642a0266.png

Edited by mmacheerpuppy
  • Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Wizard

Can you please share your conversion using the purple share button?

1 minute ago, mmacheerpuppy said:

When scoped in with a sniper rifle I want the sensitivity to be exactly like the first and second zooms of an awp, first below or equal to a 8.0x zoom, second greater than or equal to this.

This needs some clarifying, what do you mean by "exactly like"? Same 360 distance? Same tracking speed? Same flick distance?

The default setup of the calculator (MDV 0%) is to keep the same tracking speed between scopes:

25 minutes ago, DPI Wizard said:

This needs some clarifying, what do you mean by "exactly like"? Same 360 distance? Same tracking speed? Same flick distance?

The default setup of the calculator (MDV 0%) is to keep the same tracking speed between scopes:

Share link:  https://www.mouse-sensitivity.com/?share=b95fea3bb3508afc3b7dd5eb98f73280

I'm looking for the same cm/360 distance so the flicks and hand movements I land using CSGO are at approximately equal to those in Modern Warfare 2 / Warzone.

Since the ADS can be adjusted across different scopes I would like to find the zoom sensitivity multiplier which applies to sniper rifles (so the first AWP zoom in CSGO cm/360 is approximately the same as MW2 zoom cm/360 6x+ zooms).

My test was simply two rulers and a pushing device with my mouse across the table until I did a perfect 360 on CSGO, and tried to get this the same as MW2 / Warzone while scoped in. The sensitivity calculated on MW2/Warzone by your software is well under 360 degrees. Unfortunately I don't have a robot to play with like you do!

Edited by mmacheerpuppy
link
13 minutes ago, DPI Wizard said:

Please note that the `zoom_sensitivity_ratio_mouse` value the calculator seems to be using is 0.82 when the default accepted value is 1,  this could be the cause of the problem:

image.png.d264bb7489e7538678baa8357bcd3488.png

• Wizard
20 minutes ago, mmacheerpuppy said:

The results of the output are below, I don't know why the calculator chooses to use the 0.82 calculation when I want it to use the default.

Because it defaults to MDV 0% (also this is locked for simple mode), you need to tell it what you want :)

Zoom sensitivity 1 is MDV 133%, however you want 360 distance for MW2, so that's a completely different conversion.

7 minutes ago, mmacheerpuppy said:

I see, I'm looking for the same cm/360 distance so the flicks and hand movements I land using CSGO are at keast approximately equal to the flicks I land in Modern Warfare 2 / Warzone. Since the ADS can be adjusted across different scopes I would like to find the zoom sensitivity multiplier which applies to sniper rifles (so the first AWP zoom in CSGO cm/360 is approximately the same as MW2 zoom cm/360 6x+ zooms).

This will result in the same distance to turn X degrees, not the same flick distance based on what you see on the monitor.

What you want can be done, but you need to calculate each scope individually.

For instance AWP zoom 1 to AR Iron Sight: https://www.mouse-sensitivity.com/?share=5ad77bf619cc20c5df3d4ebf2fd01717

To 3.4X: https://www.mouse-sensitivity.com/?share=2fa7df9c6b8a18015d1acbdd2fbf8d46

And so on for the ones below 6.0X, for the ones above matched to AWP zoom 2:

6.0X: https://www.mouse-sensitivity.com/?share=605913063d386d6389410fa21460dd15

9.0X: https://www.mouse-sensitivity.com/?share=615ccca5003f032d04112cd4a02eabb1

And so on for the rest.

Note that I've used an FOV of 90 for MW2 here, to match CSGO you should ideally use 106.26.

13 minutes ago, DPI Wizard said:

Because it defaults to MDV 0% (also this is locked for simple mode), you need to tell it what you want :)

Zoom sensitivity 1 is MDV 133%, however you want 360 distance for MW2, so that's a completely different conversion.

This will result in the same distance to turn X degrees, not the same flick distance based on what you see on the monitor.

What you want can be done, but you need to calculate each scope individually.

For instance AWP zoom 1 to AR Iron Sight: https://www.mouse-sensitivity.com/?share=5ad77bf619cc20c5df3d4ebf2fd01717

To 3.4X: https://www.mouse-sensitivity.com/?share=2fa7df9c6b8a18015d1acbdd2fbf8d46

And so on for the ones below 6.0X, for the ones above matched to AWP zoom 2:

6.0X: https://www.mouse-sensitivity.com/?share=605913063d386d6389410fa21460dd15

9.0X: https://www.mouse-sensitivity.com/?share=615ccca5003f032d04112cd4a02eabb1

And so on for the rest.

Note that I've used an FOV of 90 for MW2 here, to match CSGO you should ideally use 106.26.

Thank you for being so helpful, I will consider keeping the subscription going!

Based on my understanding I think these are the values I am looking for, the secret being to set this:

image.png.cbba6de8571312cf55fdb778a8169e33.png

image.thumb.png.6ca4fca11a489d74889597c8a7a01963.png

• Wizard
  • Solution

Based on my understanding I think these are the values I am looking for, the secret being to set this:

image.png.cbba6de8571312cf55fdb778a8169e33.png

Correct, but when doing this you can't use the "All" conversion, because that will match everything to the hipfire 360, not scope to scope.

So use the links in the previous post and make sure to adjust resolution, FOV and DPI etc so they are correct according to your setup.

12 minutes ago, DPI Wizard said:

Correct, but when doing this you can't use the "All" conversion, because that will match everything to the hipfire 360, not scope to scope.

So use the links in the previous post and make sure to adjust resolution, FOV and DPI etc so they are correct according to your setup.

Okay so I think I understand part of my problem. Most of these feel spot on but the calculator only goes up to 9.5x magnification and the Victus XMR's magnification is 12x (IIRC), which could be causing some churn when trying to map CSGO AWP scope 1 or 2 to the Victus. The scopes go up to about 13x, so this might be a feature to implement for future WZ players.

Scratch this, I just realised in order to get the larger magnifications I have to scroll to the top.

Edited by mmacheerpuppy
  • Wizard

Okay so I think I understand part of my problem. Most of these feel spot on but the calculator only goes up to 9.5x magnification and the Victus XMR's magnification is 12x (IIRC), which could be causing some churn when trying to map CSGO AWP scope 1 or 2 to the Victus.

They're all there, but the 11x+ is in the top of the list 👍

• Wizard
Just now, mmacheerpuppy said:

Thanks, these are the numbers I landed on, thanks for producing such a great tool! I would suggest you make the website sort options by A-Z ignoring case sensitivity :D

Yeah, it's the (annoying) way the database sorts numbers by default. There are workarounds to this which I've looked at, but I haven't got it implemented yet.

40 minutes ago, DPI Wizard said:

Yeah, it's the (annoying) way the database sorts numbers by default. There are workarounds to this which I've looked at, but I haven't got it implemented yet.

Oh it'll be because it is being sorted by a combination of number and string length. Looks a bit tricky.

Edited by mmacheerpuppy
  • 3 weeks later...