Twilight Town: A Cyberpunk FPS

Just added.
Read more...

Contain

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Vomitoreum

Just added.
Read more...

Double Action: Boogaloo

Just added.
Read more...

FOUNDRY

Just added!
Read more...

What formula is the scope factor based on, and why is the coefficient different in CSGO and Call of Duty。

Go to solution Solved by DPI Wizard,

Hello, there is a question, I have always had questions, do you see can help answer it, that is, what calculation method is the scope coefficient based on, I know the conversion method based on (Hipfire) k*a=arctan(MDH%*(tanFov/2))/arctan(MDH%*(tanfov/2))*b, the K value is, a and b are the game sensitivity ratios corresponding to 360° rotation at the same distance, But the forum did not point out, how to get the scope coefficient, for example, the awp in CSGO MDH0% is (0.818933), and the call of duty and Apex are (1), how is the conversion of the scope coefficient obtained, thank you.

image1.png.78b8e4946cd7c2a0885839a0dea0f4bc.png

image2.png.ebc1e4781c4d34e9560665d34b99f954.png

image.png.8e50fb4d8ab28b323684bef58d7aac2b.png

image3.png.fe2ab7e0dd3613b0f21416dc679c4d47.png

9 hours ago, zhou707377543 said:

Hello, there is a question, I have always had questions, do you see can help answer it, that is, what calculation method is the scope coefficient based on, I know the conversion method based on (Hipfire) k*a=arctan(MDH%*(tanFov/2))/arctan(MDH%*(tanfov/2))*b, the K value is, a and b are the game sensitivity ratios corresponding to 360° rotation at the same distance, But the forum did not point out, how to get the scope coefficient, for example, the awp in CSGO MDH0% is (0.818933), and the call of duty and Apex are (1), how is the conversion of the scope coefficient obtained, thank you.

image1.png.78b8e4946cd7c2a0885839a0dea0f4bc.png

image2.png.ebc1e4781c4d34e9560665d34b99f954.png

image.png.8e50fb4d8ab28b323684bef58d7aac2b.png

image3.png.fe2ab7e0dd3613b0f21416dc679c4d47.png

apex default is mdh / mdv 0%

in cod & battelfield you can set the coefficient and use either 1,778 , 1,333, mdv or 0% mdv /mdh

csgo uses 1,333 mdv as its default since that correlattes to the aspect ration of 4:3 which used to be the native screen ration when counterstrike was initially programmed and the devs wanted to increase the perceived uniformity across zoom levels.another example for said behavior is destiny two which has a similar background given that it uses 1,778 mdv as its native for a similar reason jsut with 1 simple change the native aspect ratio these days being 16:9.

Both of these just make an arbitrary point on the edge of the screen feel similar giving one the perceptinon of uniformity

0% has a different approach

image.png.e9d5528a10715cd52040dd38ec9fab72.png

id suggest you go look at the insrtructions if they are available in your native language, the videos are great examples for the different types of match

Thank you for your answer, what I actually want to know is the scope coefficient, based on what formula is calculated, in different game conversions, Hip fire will change with the conversion of the game, and in the same MDH% conversion mode, the sight factor tends to be the same, why.

• Wizard
13 minutes ago, zhou707377543 said:

Thank you for your answer, what I actually want to know is the scope coefficient, based on what formula is calculated, in different game conversions, Hip fire will change with the conversion of the game, and in the same MDH% conversion mode, the sight factor tends to be the same, why.

I can explain why it happens, but I need to see exactly what you are referering to, do you have a few examples? Use the purple share button to get a link.

• Wizard
Just now, zhou707377543 said:

How is the coefficient of 15.748 obtained, the above conversion is hipfire, and what I need is (Scope), he is 1 in some games, and in CSGO it is 0.818933, this value is a constant, does not change with sensitivity conversion, how is this coefficient reflected in the equation.

The scope sensitivity is based off of the hipfire sensitivity, so when the hipfire changes the scope doesn't have to since it is scaled by hipfire.

• Wizard
  • Solution
Just now, zhou707377543 said:

What formula is the scaling principle based on, (Scope). The way this coefficient is solved makes me a little confused

It's a simple multiplier based on the FOV. So for instance zoomed 1 is 4:3 FOV 40, so with zoom sens 1 you get 90/40=2.25 times the hipfire distance. With zoom sens 0.5 it will be 4.5 times etc.

• Wizard
6 minutes ago, zhou707377543 said:

So for instance zoomed 1 is 4:3 FOV 40,why? How did this conclusion come about.Is FOV measured in-game?

Measurements yes, but it's also well documented.

6 minutes ago, zhou707377543 said:

That for the society my conversion is 0.818933, not 1 or 0.5 or something like that. In the (MDH 0%) conversion method, why (AWP zoom) is 0.818933 and nothing else.

As mentioned, the zoom sensitivity is based on the hipfire sensitivity, so if both of these are converted using MDV 0%, the zoom sensitivity will not change. 0% will always be 0.818933 compared to hipfire.

I still have some questions,(So for instance zoomed 1 is 4:3 FOV 40)How to measure this value for different games。It's not just CSGO,At the same time, what is the meaning of FOV represented by this coefficient。As we all know, changing this parameter does not change the size of the real FOV in the game。