Twilight Town: A Cyberpunk FPS

Just added.
Read more...

Contain

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Vomitoreum

Just added.
Read more...

Double Action: Boogaloo

Just added.
Read more...

FOUNDRY

Just added!
Read more...

Can PW3395 Sensors handle 3200dpi+ with no smoothing?

Hello,

I fluctuate alot with sensors and experiment with different mouses. I am curious does anyone know what sensors can handle what DPI ideally without causing issues/smoothing? I remember the 3360s had problems with DPI above 1600-2100dpi. I'm currently using a Pulsar X2 which has a PW3395 Sensor, can this sensor handle 3200dpi or is their a way I can find ideal DPI ranges for different sensors or would it simply be better to just go with 400/800dpi and not waste to much time overthinking it?

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, falley said:

Hello,

I fluctuate alot with sensors and experiment with different mouses. I am curious does anyone know what sensors can handle what DPI ideally without causing issues/smoothing? I remember the 3360s had problems with DPI above 1600-2100dpi. I'm currently using a Pulsar X2 which has a PW3395 Sensor, can this sensor handle 3200dpi or is their a way I can find ideal DPI ranges for different sensors or would it simply be better to just go with 400/800dpi and not waste to much time overthinking it?

tbf might be a hard pill to swallow initially but no amount of minor smoothing will change anything about your gameplay, pick cpi & polling rate  value you feel good at then stick to it unless the next game you play requires a different sens most newer sensor should run fine and i had no issues with my x2 while trying 3200 + cpi

although my system simply doestn do stable 1000hz polling so i tend to stick to 800 & 500 which works like a charm for my system and usecase at 1080p

• Wizard
On 3/20/2023 at 4:46 AM, falley said:

Awesome! So out of curiosity is it really a big difference with you using the 1000hz polling compared to the 800 or 500? I know a few people using the 500hz option for the x2s atm

It depends on a lot of factors, like your DPI, how fast and far you generally move your mouse, your hardware and the games you are playing. Generally you won't feel much difference between 500 Hz and 1000 Hz, but the aforementioned factors may affect your results both ways.