Combat Champions

All aims use the same sensitivity setting, choose the sensitivity for the aim you prefer to be matched.
Read more...

Ghost of Tsushima DIRECTOR'S CUT

The sensitivity and FOV changes depending on certain actions and where you are (indoor etc). The calculations are for the view when you move around outdoor.
Read more...

Russian Fishing 4

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Arena Breakout: Infinite

Hipfire is added, aims coming soon!
Read more...

Project L33T

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

4:3 to 16:9 CSGO

hey guys, im new at this... but i have this doubt...

i change a few months ago from 4:3 stretched 1280x960 to 16:9 1920x1080...

my doubt is, the sens actually change from one to another ? is there any real difference ? it doesnt make sennse to me that from one to another it changes, being the exact same mouse-sens configuration... can u help me out to solve this doubt... and thank u very much guys

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hace 4 horas, DPI Wizard dijo:

The 360 distance and vertical monitor distance will stay the same, however the horizontal monitor distance will change.

i still not get it, sorry... so, when i move for example 30cm my mouse, the crosshair placement would be the same on both resolutions ? or as the horizontal monitor distance will change, the final position of the crosshair will be diferent ? 

Il y a 9 heures, DPI Wizard a dit :

The 360 distance and vertical monitor distance will stay the same, however the horizontal monitor distance will change.

This is interesting: I've seen on the internet that switching between aspect ratios doesn't change a single thing even if the perceived sensitivity is different.

Is it the same mechanic whereas the horizontal monitor distance will change when you switch from 16:9 to stretched 4:3? And how does it change? 

Like why when I use 0% MDV, it says this: https://www.mouse-sensitivity.com/?share=99d56f8993276229db8be07d0f2f71f2

But when using 0% MDH it says this: https://www.mouse-sensitivity.com/?share=c1c5b1f16df14b33d260b3a6112106cf

And if I keep 1920x1080 res when converting, both MDV and MDH (0%) give the same values. Which one to use if I'm playing 4:3 (1440x1080) stretched in CS but the sens is imported from a 16:9 native game? And which one do I use if I keep 16:9 native in CS? Thank you very much

Edited by xYoussifer
Additionnal info
  • Wizard
10 hours ago, manNo said:

as the horizontal monitor distance will change, the final position of the crosshair will be diferent ? 

This, the horizontal distance will change.

5 hours ago, xYoussifer said:

This is interesting: I've seen on the internet that switching between aspect ratios doesn't change a single thing even if the perceived sensitivity is different.

If you're talking about CSGO and changing aspect ratio without stretching/black bars, this is technically correct. But for other games it might be different.

Like why when I use 0% MDV, it says this: https://www.mouse-sensitivity.com/?share=99d56f8993276229db8be07d0f2f71f2

But when using 0% MDH it says this: https://www.mouse-sensitivity.com/?share=c1c5b1f16df14b33d260b3a6112106cf

And if I keep 1920x1080 res when converting, both MDV and MDH (0%) give the same values.

For MDV 0% you are matching a vertical FOV of 73.739795, while MDH 0% is matching a horizontal FOV of 90. For a 16:9 monitor these two doesn't match since the aspect ratio is stretched (106.26 would be the correct horizontal FOV), which is why you get a different result.

Which one to use if I'm playing 4:3 (1440x1080) stretched in CS but the sens is imported from a 16:9 native game? And which one do I use if I keep 16:9 native in CS? Thank you very much

It depends on what sensitivity you want to preserve in the calculation, the horizontal or the vertical.

Il y a 8 heures, DPI Wizard a dit :

This, the horizontal distance will change.

If you're talking about CSGO and changing aspect ratio without stretching/black bars, this is technically correct. But for other games it might be different.

For MDV 0% you are matching a vertical FOV of 73.739795, while MDH 0% is matching a horizontal FOV of 90. For a 16:9 monitor these two doesn't match since the aspect ratio is stretched (106.26 would be the correct horizontal FOV), which is why you get a different result.

It depends on what sensitivity you want to preserve in the calculation, the horizontal or the vertical.

Thanks for the info dude!

Just another little question: when converting to a stretched 4:3 res (like 1440x1080), do I keep the res 1920x1080 and select 4:3 stretched next to it, or do I manually put 1440x1080 + the stretched 4:3 res in the converter? Thanks

il y a 7 minutes, DPI Wizard a dit :

This. It will not make a difference if you do it the other way in most cases, but this is the correct way.

So even if my actual res ingame (with a 1920x1080 monitor) will be 1440x1080, I still keep 1920x1080 in converter but with 4:3 stretched selected right?

It's not. You have it set to 0%. set it 75% MDH or MDV 133.3333 out of a scale of 100%. Thats edge of screen on 16:9. You'll see your :

Monitor Distance Coefficient 1.33

That is the same as counterstrike :

FOV Notes:
FOV can only be changed if sv_cheats is enabled. Use the aim called "Hipfire (sv_cheats enabled for FOV change)" if you want to calculate sensitivity with changed FOV.
Affected by:
FOV:  (Monitor Distance Vertical 133.3333%)

Il y a 14 heures, Cannon a dit :

It's not. You have it set to 0%. set it 75% MDH or MDV 133.3333 out of a scale of 100%. Thats edge of screen on 16:9. You'll see your :

Monitor Distance Coefficient 1.33

That is the same as counterstrike :

FOV Notes:
FOV can only be changed if sv_cheats is enabled. Use the aim called "Hipfire (sv_cheats enabled for FOV change)" if you want to calculate sensitivity with changed FOV.
Affected by:
FOV:  (Monitor Distance Vertical 133.3333%)

Why 75% MDH or MDV 133.3333% exactly? Is it specifically because of CS:GO? Because I've spent time reading on the forum and the general consensus is that 0% method works "better" for most cases.

What does "Affected by: FOV:  (Monitor Distance Vertical X%)" or "Affected by: FOV:  (Monitor Distance Horizontal X%)" mean exactly for a specific game when converting TO that game?

Edited by xYoussifer
Correction
  • Wizard
3 hours ago, xYoussifer said:

Why 75% MDH or MDV 133.3333% exactly? Is it specifically because of CS:GO? Because I've spent time reading on the forum and the general consensus is that 0% method works "better" for most cases.

Because you asked why the zoom sens wasn't 1. Zoom sens 1 in CSGO is MDV 133.3333%.

3 hours ago, xYoussifer said:

What does "Affected by: FOV:  (Monitor Distance Vertical X%)" or "Affected by: FOV:  (Monitor Distance Horizontal X%)" mean exactly for a specific game when converting TO that game?

It means that this is how the game scales the sensitivity. So when you were wondering why it was 0.81 and not 1 when the conversion was set to MDV 0%, this tells you why.

Le 04/04/2023 à 10:59, DPI Wizard a dit :

Because you asked why the zoom sens wasn't 1. Zoom sens 1 in CSGO is MDV 133.3333%.

It means that this is how the game scales the sensitivity. So when you were wondering why it was 0.81 and not 1 when the conversion was set to MDV 0%, this tells you why.

Thanks alot for the clarification bro! So I should "always" convert using the "Affected by: FOV" information? Like for Super People it is MDH 100% and CS it is MDV 133.3333%

"It means that this is how the game scales the sensitivity" What does this mean exactly when converting?

Edited by xYoussifer
1 More question
  • Wizard
4 hours ago, xYoussifer said:

"It means that this is how the game scales the sensitivity" What does this mean exactly when converting?

This information is useful when you want to match the conversion setup to the game to mimic how it scales the sensitivity. You should absolutely not use this information from the game you are converting to, just from.

Say you have the CSGO zoom sens set to 0.7, and you want to mimic this scaling and use it to convert to other games. Based on the "Affected by" information you then know that you can just set the conversion to MDV 133.3333% scale 70%, and the calculator will perfectly match this setup, like in this example:

https://www.mouse-sensitivity.com/?share=55db3a633ef505b55a04f7a046355788