Project L33T

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Twilight Town: A Cyberpunk FPS

Just added.
Read more...

Contain

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Vomitoreum

Just added.
Read more...

Double Action: Boogaloo

Just added.
Read more...

Is there any real way to match sensitivities between games with different FOV?

I know that you can match the 360 distance but it will not feel the same if the FOV is not the same between the two games and sadly for me, my main game is csgo which has higher FOV than some games. Does any other method work? is it correct to just put 0% monitor distance horizontal for hipfire to match the sensitivities between games??

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Wizard
6 hours ago, AZooM22 said:

Does any other method work? is it correct to just put 0% monitor distance horizontal for hipfire to match the sensitivities between games??

All the other methods do work, they do what are supposed to. However, which one actually feels best is down to your personal preference.

All the methods are explained in the instructions.

8 hours ago, MuntyYy said:

What other games are you playing? The only 2 games that I know of with a lower FOV than CS and play are DayZ and PUBG, just one degree off (oh and sea of thieves)

PUBG, Valorant and overwatch and they all have lower FOV's ......

7 hours ago, ShockNAwe said:

What Fov are you trying to match?  0% is antiquated garbage imho. What is your hipfire sensitivity in relation to your dpi (in csgo), and what fov are you trying to match it to?

my sensitivity in csgo is 1.2 with 800 dpi and I'm trying to match it to valorant and overwatch

I see, the FOV is still negligibly lower in those games, plus it is much easier to adapt to a lower FOV sensitivity  than if you were to convert your 90 cs go sensitivity to a much higher one for example if you would be playing battlefield at 120. 

13 minutes ago, MuntyYy said:

I see, the FOV is still negligibly lower in those games, plus it is much easier to adapt to a lower FOV sensitivity  than if you were to convert your 90 cs go sensitivity to a much higher one for example if you would be playing battlefield at 120. 

What about the scope sensitivities? some games use 75% horizontal as default and others 100%..... everything is so complicated I don't know what to choose

• Wizard
4 hours ago, AZooM22 said:

What about the scope sensitivities? some games use 75% horizontal as default and others 100%..... everything is so complicated I don't know what to choose

You don't need to worry about this, the most important thing is to find a conversion method you like, then the calculator will do the rest.

9 hours ago, AZooM22 said:

my sensitivity in csgo is 1.2 with 800 dpi and I'm trying to match it to valorant and overwatch

cs:go to valorant at 16:9 aspect ratio

fov 106.26 to 103

new sensitivity for hipfire at 103 fov: try 

.368 in valorant for precision (slightly stiff)

.367 for speed (faster perceptive turning speed)

If those feel good, you like being around 100% md.  Just use 100% md in the calculator for either one  to match all the weapon zooms. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/19/2023 at 2:05 AM, ShockNAwe said:

cs:go to valorant at 16:9 aspect ratio

fov 106.26 to 103

new sensitivity for hipfire at 103 fov: try 

.368 in valorant for precision (slightly stiff)

.367 for speed (faster perceptive turning speed)

If those feel good, you like being around 100% md.  Just use 100% md in the calculator for either one  to match all the weapon zooms. 

what method is better to match scoped sensitivities??? 0% ,75% or 100% md????i feel like 0% is the most precise and it's good for csgo awp (even though for some reason I struggle with quick scoping) but it feels very slow in apex weapons.....on the other hand 75% md is too fast for Apex especially for big scopes like 6x and 8x so i don't know I'm so confused I wish i never learned about monitor distance and all those stuff.....