Read more...

DUCKSIDE

Use the config file for best accuracy.
Read more...

Calcium Contract

Use the config file for best accuracy.
Read more...

Containment Zone

See the game notes for instructions on how to set the sensitivity.
Read more...

Modern Warships

The sensitivity slider is not accurate, expect some discrepancy. Use the registry calculation for best accuracy.
Read more...

Need help converting Scopes between OW, Apex and Valorant

Hello, I know this question gets asked a lot, but I've been trying to convert different sensitivities for about 2 weeks now, I've settled with one to convert between all games (Because I really want to) - But now I'm a little unsure about some things. 

So about the normal sens.. It's pretty much a nobrainer (If I understand correctly), since every game runs on 103 FOV, right

My DPI is 3200

OW sens : 1.2

Apex Sens: 0.36

Valorant sens: 0.113

All games on 1080p and 103 FOV

They should be correct I think. (I kinda gave up playing CSGO, because I've heard conversion there is really tricky because of the different FOV, even non-stretched )

Now here's the tricky part where I quite don't understand how to convert the sensitivities, but I've tried.

I want to have the same scope on Widowmaker, as on Operator in Valorant (2.5x), I've been using the dynamic option for that, since I'm really unsure what to use.

So it came up with 50.63 for OW, then I also wanted to adjust the Ashe ADS to match the Widowmaker one, that ended up being 68.75. 

Now comes the part that confuses me a bit. Before I was using this service, I've been using this calculator to match my widow scope with the ashe ads: https://www.desmos.com/calculator/mkdp6s878r

That one came up with 68.77 though.. so does that mean that the other calculator uses a different method, or that it is maybe just straight up wrong?

Now comes the part that REALLY messed with me - I've always used the dynamic option right... but I've never noticed the values behind it (Power/Scaling) and now I'm wondering if I messed something up with it, same values can be changed using the vertical and horizontal calculation.

I've only used the dynamic option because it showed such a similar result with the ashe ads, that's why I kept using it for everything..

Now I'm sooo unsure how to correctly convert the scopes/ADS, Was dynamic correct, or should I have used vertical or horizontal match? Should I have changed the Power/Scaling values? 

About Apex: I wanted to match the ADS/Scopes to OW's Ashe ADS sens to test it and either use that or just match it with hipfire sens if that feels uncomfortable.. How would I go about that? Apex shows ingame that my FOV is at 104, but I think that should be a visual bug, just like it doesn't show 2 decimals in the sens, but they're actually saved like that in the config. So in the config it says FOV is "1.45375" - Is that the correct value for FOV 103? When I tried converting the Ashe ADS with dynamic monitor distance it felt kinda wrong, but maybe that's just my feeling?

Help would be sooooo appreciated, I'm going crazy over finally converting my sensitivies accurately but not managing to do it :(

Short Edit: I did read Tutorial Post, but I'm kinda stupid :I

Edited by Akasuna
  • Wizard
1 minute ago, Akasuna said:

So about the normal sens.. It's pretty much a nobrainer (If I understand correctly), since every game runs on 103 FOV, right

My DPI is 3200

OW sens : 1.2

Apex Sens: 0.36

Valorant sens: 0.113

All games on 1080p and 103 FOV

Correct, but make sure you are using the Auto FOV set to Hdeg 16:9 and 103 to automatically fill in the correct FOV to use for these games.

10 minutes ago, Akasuna said:

Now comes the part that REALLY messed with me - I've always used the dynamic option right... but I've never noticed the values behind it (Power/Scaling) and now I'm wondering if I messed something up with it, same values can be changed using the vertical and horizontal calculation.

All methods can be used, it depends on what you want to achieve.

You should try the most common methods (like MDV 0%, 100%, 133.3334%, MDH 100%) in a game like Apex, and see when one of them feel best for all aims. If none are good, then you should look into the other methods to see if they might suit you better. Their descriptions are in the instructions.

vor 16 Minuten schrieb DPI Wizard:

Correct, but make sure you are using the Auto FOV set to Hdeg 16:9 and 103 to automatically fill in the correct FOV to use for these games.

All methods can be used, it depends on what you want to achieve.

You should try the most common methods (like MDV 0%, 100%, 133.3334%, MDH 100%) in a game like Apex, and see when one of them feel best for all aims. If none are good, then you should look into the other methods to see if they might suit you better. Their descriptions are in the instructions.

I did read the instructions post on the different scope conversion methods, but it still leaves me very confused on what would be best for me :(

Did I do anything wrong by just choosing dynamic and not entering any values? Or is that a valid conversion

• Wizard
Just now, Akasuna said:

I did read the instructions post on the different scope conversion methods, but it still leaves me very confused on what would be best for me :(

Did I do anything wrong by just choosing dynamic and not entering any values? Or is that a valid conversion

Dynamic with the default values are a perfectly viable option, but you can't compare the results form this with any random calculator elsewhere.

vor 3 Minuten schrieb DPI Wizard:

Dynamic with the default values are a perfectly viable option

I see, good to know! 

vor 3 Minuten schrieb DPI Wizard:

but you can't compare the results form this with any random calculator elsewhere.

Of course not, there's a reason why I subscribed and I heard only positive things about your site :)

vor einer Stunde schrieb DPI Wizard:

but make sure you are using the Auto FOV set to Hdeg 16:9 and 103 to automatically fill in the correct FOV to use for these games.

That helped a lot since Apex' ingame fov slider is inaccurate!!! THANKS :D

Edited by Akasuna