Arena Breakout: Infinite

Hipfire is added, aims coming soon!
Read more...

Project L33T

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Twilight Town: A Cyberpunk FPS

Just added.
Read more...

Contain

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Vomitoreum

Just added.
Read more...

New method for calculating Vertical sensitivity

Go to solution Solved by DPI Wizard,

So in RawAccel, there's a value called Y/X ratio that subdivides the Y dpi by the X dpi value. So for example, if you were to try and do the original jedi's trick, you'd first find your horizontal value in dpi, and then find the same dpi value for vertical at the same sensitivity. for this example, my X value is 1605.54337 and my Y value is 1477.0710006193. I have my mouse dpi set to 25600. So I put my sens multiplier to 0.062716537890625 and my Y/X multiplier to 0.919981999999975. If this and the original jedi's trick can be added to the calculator I'd love it a lot.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Wizard

Ok, I see. The numbers you got for this game are a bit special since it has a very limited range.

I'm not sure what can be added though, you mean a place to enter 25600 so it spits out the multiplier?

I can maybe add a feature to enter for instance 1605-25600 into the DP field, and the advanced output spits out the multiplier for 25600.

16 hours ago, DPI Wizard said:

How did you get to these numbers?

17 minutes ago, DPI Wizard said:

Ok, I see. The numbers you got for this game are a bit special since it has a very limited range.

I'm not sure what can be added though, you mean a place to enter 25600 so it spits out the multiplier?

I can maybe add a feature to enter for instance 1605-25600 into the DP field, and the advanced output spits out the multiplier for 25600.

well all I did was find the multiplier for 25600 dpi- the app already does this to an extent. but the real thing I'm saying is the vertical multiplier for games without a vertical sensitivity multiplier. The vertical sensitivity multiplier (y/x ratio) is a gamechanger for me since 90% of games don't have this feature.

again, while it would be nice to get a multiplier for any dpi- my main point is that the calculator would benefit from utilizing the y/x ratio multiplier in RawAccel GUI for games without a vertical sensitivity multiplier.

edit: here's what I was trying to do with the y/x ratio:

https://www.mouse-sensitivity.com/?share=aafcb4ec8b99a505edc86b67883eaf8e

Edited by randomguy7

so I found a way to surefire calculate this; first I did this:

https://www.mouse-sensitivity.com/?share=5d65ffc2bedbc1195627101170898322

I saw that this was the recommended way to use the original jedi's trick implementation where it did horizontal and vertical at once. so I found another game that could easily get this multiplier:

https://www.mouse-sensitivity.com/?share=712afd6fa3b29d3e93c4f6b2605d4ff7

as you can see- with the correct field of view, it is the same multiplier. as we can see, destiny 2, my target game, has a "real" fov of 100.8:

https://www.mouse-sensitivity.com/?share=cb08c12e74763c326a765c4cd8ea4f31

so if we adjust aim lab like so:

https://www.mouse-sensitivity.com/?share=e2723afb1d26b3fdef8ccd57dffb2a73

we now have our multiplier! now all we need to do is add this to rawaccel like in the attached image... and we're done!

Untitled.png

2 hours ago, DPI Wizard said:

I think this can be done with a single line in the advanced output, but I have to look closer into what it takes to make it happen.

Apparently the person wants to get the Y string for rawaccel in the output for the game, when using split X'Y, since not all games have the ability to change Y.
There are two options:
1) Use X'Y Ratio(in the image above, he indicated )
2) Use Y Range (TheNoobPolice here explained how to do the other option)

Only as you said it will only work for Hipfire, for ADS and Scope the vertical multiplier will be different. So 0% of 2D is most effective:) With him there is no reason to do that.

9 hours ago, Vaccaria said:

Apparently the person wants to get the Y string for rawaccel in the output for the game, when using split X'Y, since not all games have the ability to change Y.
There are two options:
1) Use X'Y Ratio(in the image above, he indicated )
2) Use Y Range (TheNoobPolice here explained how to do the other option)

Only as you said it will only work for Hipfire, for ADS and Scope the vertical multiplier will be different. So 0% of 2D is most effective:) With him there is no reason to do that.

you've got a point- but 80% of aiming is done in hipfire for me anyway. I notice that I play better with this and my flicks and tracing shots are more consistant.

Yesterday I realized that the lock on X'Y is a coefficient of "1" between distance on 360 under any FOV. When we use the % scaling calculator, this lock always works, so we choose to scale either X or Y. We can currently use tools from the game itself, in the form of unlock the X'Y lock, or third party tools like rawaccel. In rawaccel there is a Y Range, it gives a different feel to changing Y, I have not seen this type of Y change in the game yet. Here we unlock the lock under hipfire, we did scaling, we have changed the Y coefficient, it became higher than "1". This coefficient above "1" will work over a 360 distance for ADS and Scope, even when we choose to scale for ADS, Scope either X or Y. What we need to do is to reduce the coefficient, make it lower than "1". And since the coefficient above "1" is the coefficient that will always be there, if set same scaling method for Hipfire, ADS, Scope, e.g. only X, then like when we lock to X'Y, it is the same, it means that it also keeps the scale as "1" for 360 distance, and this does not give a percentage match on the monitor, because the monitors have aspect ratios, e.g. 16:9. And with that in mind, vertical scaling looks like the best fit for the X'Y lock(Of course, I'm not writing about 0% here, since using a stretched res for any aspect ratio, will give a different sens multiplier for X'Y, 0% takes this into account, by setting the multiplier for Y in rawaccel, we will get a coefficient, it will the same for both the sens multipliers and the 360 distance coefficient between Hipfire, ADS, Scope).