Project L33T

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Twilight Town: A Cyberpunk FPS

Just added.
Read more...

Contain

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Vomitoreum

Just added.
Read more...

Double Action: Boogaloo

Just added.
Read more...

i think you could tap into the controller market

i am not a fan of controllers, but i think it is possible, well for games with customizeable sensitivities, but it might be difficult without special equipment, you could make (time/360), like how long it takes to rotate

might be extremely redious though

roller.PNG

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Wizard

I have looked into this, and actually developed accurate measuring tools for it.

But I ran into a problem pretty quickly in that very few games offer full control over the settings like for instance Apex Legends does:

image.png

Ideally I would like to make a tool that perfectly replicates every single fine adjustment you do with the joystick, but most games has just one slider so that's pretty much impossible.

It would likely be possible to match the time/360 for 100% however, I will take a closer look at this at some point :)

It's fairly easy to do a "full pitch/yaw time to 360", and then calculate zoom scaling methods from the same barometer. This is how the BF USA worked on sticks. The real issue is that it's relatively meaningless.

A joystick is basically "servo aim" - you move the stick to a position and the system continually aims for you effectively. You are not "aiming" yourself as far as a distance. This means that for every position on the stick, you have gotten to that position through an arbitrary small amount of time moving through lower positions, meaning the output for each stick position over time is always different, including full yaw from any starting position != full yaw (which is always). It is humanly impossible to make the exact same motion a second time. This is true regardless of whether the game adds additional stick acceleration curves for either physical stick accel or stick position. In other words, sticks always have inherent negative acceleration as you move them due to their physical properties.

This is before you start with the response curve which is rarely linear by default, even if a game does not add stick acceleration. It may not matter to those wanting the conversion of course as the perception of at least "something" matched may be satisfactory, but the situations where you could take a setting from game A, move it to game B at the same FOV and it be "the same" in any meaningful way (and by meaningful, I mean "any arbitrary stick movement produces the same angle displacement over time in the game world at a given FOV") would likely only exist a handful of times within the same game franchise.

Edited by TheNoobPolice