Combat Champions

All aims use the same sensitivity setting, choose the sensitivity for the aim you prefer to be matched.
Read more...

Ghost of Tsushima DIRECTOR'S CUT

The sensitivity and FOV changes depending on certain actions and where you are (indoor etc). The calculations are for the view when you move around outdoor.
Read more...

Russian Fishing 4

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Arena Breakout: Infinite

Hipfire is added, aims coming soon!
Read more...

Project L33T

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Figuring out what is best conversion usage for my style

Hi, so I have been using this conversion for a very long time (2 years or more) and been testing out a lot of conversions and researched a lot. Thing is, I am still conflicted and thought i'd ask for suggestions to see if there were something I have missed. Gathering information where I can and hope people can help me decide what is best.

My target:
To find a happy spot for FOV and sensitivity, but I want purely for consistency. I play different games like Unreal Tournament 99 (16:9 sens), Killing floor 2, COD (Mw2) and random other games like Vermintide 2. I don't exclusively play one game, but I play competitive in both COD and UT99 especially so consistency is very key for me.

Things i've tried:
• Matching FOV - problem is, this has differences in game where you see targets different sizes or some games are bigger/smaller than you want. Some games feel claustrophobic and some games just feel fast as hell vs slow.
• Matching cm/360 - This had same issues above that didn't allow for consistency.
• MD V and H - This has been my latest usage and seems quite nice. I am just however unsure as once I change the FOV, sensitivity decreases in cm/360 once I raise the FOV. I am fine with this, but does this effect my consistency across games? I mean the 360 is now altering and I got to adapt frequently.
• I have based all sensitivies vs a game I use to be extremely good on in the past. All games convert from that single setup, but obviously changing the game I want to any specifics (like UT99 I use 16:9 FOV type as that works for the current setup and isn't using smoothing etc).

Here is my current setups - 
UT99 - https://www.mouse-sensitivity.com/?share=57c9a942f93c4b35128f0260335a7ffd
COD MW3 - https://www.mouse-sensitivity.com/?share=98d99cca2f3b25de953541b116a8fe16

So my start setup was based on Killing Floor 1, especially as that currently only has one FOV and no one really changed at the time. Now, I have changed all my games to match 90 but many of them are really zoomed in or feel extremely slow. UT99 as a fast paced action game and movement is well, very mobile with dodges etc. My aim on that is very specific as I generally play hitscan 1 hit kill (instagib). On COD I have been using 90, but I would like to go to 100 as it just "feels" better. Not only this, COD also has ADS that effects the gameplay and aim  choices. Same for Killing Floor 2, the 90 (base) FOV just doesn't feel right and I barely can do much with it. This also has ADS used quite a bit, but hipfire is also used a lot more than something COD would use.

Any opinions to help me figure out what I should really focus on and what I should be better off adapting to? If possible, maybe explain with some differences you made towards your setups please.

Thanks,
FluX

Edited by zIFluXIz
  • 1 month later...
  • Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Wizard

Using FOV 90 in modern games is indeed very low and will feel zoomed in.

If you don't mind the changing 360 distance with wider FOVs using your KF2 source and MDV 0%, you should probably stick to that.

The drawback is that your hipfire will be very fast if you increase the FOV to 120 for instance, but if you feel you can adapt it should be fine.