Arena Breakout: Infinite

Hipfire is added, aims coming soon!
Read more...

Project L33T

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Twilight Town: A Cyberpunk FPS

Just added.
Read more...

Contain

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Vomitoreum

Just added.
Read more...

Sensitivity Conversion Between Different Resolutions And Monitor Size In PUBG

Go to solution Solved by DPI Wizard,

Hi all,

Great day to you.

Currently I am trying to copy a pro player setting but I use complete different monitor size, resolution and dpi.

I tried to play around with the options but just cannot come to the conclusion which is the correct ones.

I just want the conversion to give the same "feeling" or at least quite close to the one I copy from.

Pro Player:

24.5 inch monitor

1728x1080 stretched

fov 95

400 dpi

general = 45

ads = 35

x2 = 40

x6 = 43

My settings:

34 inch

3440x1440

fov 90

800 dpi

general = ? Use 360 degrees instead horizontal distance?

ads = ? Use horizontal distance or 360 ?

scope = ? use horizontal or 360?

I tried something like this:
https://www.mouse-sensitivity.com/?share=7d8d3aa2883b0b9764b9f5a3f2264be1

Please keep in mind that I want the same "feeling". Thank you!@

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Wizard

You should always convert from "All" and use the green "Reverse" function to reverse-calculate the best matching methods. And you should match the vertical FOV to best replicate everything. And only use different monitor sizes if you want to account for this as well, in many cases you do not want this so it's best to not enter anything.

Ideally we should know more of the aim sensitivity settings, but based on what you have provided, this is the best match:

https://www.mouse-sensitivity.com/?share=351c3bf0fb3ed232bc3f28dca48513fa

Hi @DPI Wizard,

Thank you so much for the swift response.

Noted that I should use Monitor Distance - Vertical instead but I am seeing you have entered quite a number of percentage numbers for these as well, which I have no idea.

I have also checked the "Reverse" function you recommended and have tried to key in the settings I want to copy from. However, I have no idea how to proceed further, kindly refer to the screenshot below.

image.thumb.png.cb20a2e38714cabad3db1e67c1f192a8.png

Below is the settings I want to copy from. You also mentioned that I dont need to take into account the monitor size? However I am using 34 inch monitor 3440x1440 with fov 90 (I believe its 103 on 24inch monitor?). Is that why you completely skipped the monitor size and set my FOV to 102 instead ?
image.png.c1cf7547b7025fa8f0f464d0085dbb33.png

image.thumb.png.ac5e60ce58f8f16bc5a67dde7a9798d6.png

Based on the full details of the sensitivity settings I want to copy from, could you please help me to generate the setting for me again that you believe would be as close as possible to the one I copy from? Thank you!

1728x1080
fov 95
24.5 inch monitor
DPI 400

image.png.c1cf7547b7025fa8f0f464d0085dbb33.png

Hi @DPI Wizard I think I understand where you got the percentage from for the ADS and Scope Monitor Distance. But how do i know which one has the best "Coefficient", "Scale" and "Accuracy" combination?

image.thumb.png.1855210b481ffb044fbd15976d3adcc6.png

I have one more question. Is it true that I can set the sensitivity numbers in multiple decimal places within the config file and it would work accurately? For example, ADS I set as 2.99 in the config file, while ingame it would show as 3 but infact the game would use the 2.99 value?

Let say if I set the following values:
image.thumb.png.a3492946d490df976db49baf266dc650.png

I should then use and set the following values in my config files correct?
image.thumb.png.fd1a563d156ad288a2a9fefe65ac2dda.png

Edited by jamesomnipotent
  • Wizard
28 minutes ago, jamesomnipotent said:

However, I have no idea how to proceed further, kindly refer to the screenshot below.

Click "Use" on the entries you want to use, which in most cases will be the top one with the best accuracy for ADS and Scope respectively. Alternatively you can use the best match that uses the same setting for both ADS and Scope, but that will result in the accuracy being worse.

The reason is that 45 for Aim and 35 for ADS is completely different, so you are probably better off just setting Aim to the same value as General Sensitivity, and only use 35 for ADS in your conversion.

33 minutes ago, jamesomnipotent said:

You also mentioned that I dont need to take into account the monitor size? However I am using 34 inch monitor 3440x1440 with fov 90 (I believe its 103 on 24inch monitor?). Is that why you completely skipped the monitor size and set my FOV to 102 instead ?

FOV 102 on 3440x1440 is the closest match for the vertical FOV if you want to match FOV 95 on 1728x1080. If you take into account the monitor sizes you will get sensitivity values that are a lot slower, this is to compensate for the increased monitor size and essentially keep the 24.5" portion in the middle of the 34" monitor the same as the source. If this feels good or not is down to your personal preference, but I would try without monitor sizes first. Also note that you need to use another method for hipfire than 360 distance if you do this.

This is about as close as you can get, but set the Aim Sensitivity to 25 rather than 16:

https://www.mouse-sensitivity.com/?share=132b3273a49e0ec1a000061a0ec37fef

• Wizard
  • Solution
28 minutes ago, jamesomnipotent said:

But how do i know which one has the best "Coefficient", "Scale" and "Accuracy" combination?

The one with the highest accuracy (the top one) is the best.

29 minutes ago, jamesomnipotent said:

I have one more question. Is it true that I can set the sensitivity numbers in multiple decimal places within the config file and it would work accurately? For example, ADS I set as 2.99 in the config file, while ingame it would show as 3 but infact the game would use the 2.99 value?

I should then use and set the following values in my config files correct?

Correct, this way the accuracy is much higher.

• Wizard
1 hour ago, jamesomnipotent said:

Hi @DPI Wizard do you know why does the accuracy for the ADS is only 80+ % ?

Because that's as close as you can possibly get to the sensitivity you are trying to match using MDV. The sensitivity values are just too different so it's not possible to find a matching method that replicates them perfectly.

1 hour ago, jamesomnipotent said:

@DPI Wizard How about the vertical multiplier? Can I still keep it at 1.11?

If you want to replicate the 1.11 from the pro player, yes.