Robin Hood - Sherwood Builders

See the game notes for instructions on how to reduce smoothing.
Read more...

Gas Station Simulator

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Mortal Shell

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Incursion Red River

The sensitivity slider is not accurate, expect some discrepancy. Use the config file for best accuracy.
Read more...

ONCE HUMAN

Hipfire added, more aims to come. See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Match Drawing tablet sensitivity to mouse (Wacom CTL-672)

Go to solution Solved by Vaccaria,

I'm trying to match my drawing tablet sensitivity to my mouse. I am using OpenTabletDriver, which uses px/mm for the sensitivity. My mouse is 800dpi, 1000hz polling rate. I use Windows 6/11 sens with disabled mouse acceleration. The game I am testing this on is Overwatch. On Overwatch, I have a 6.00% sensitivity. The drawing tablet has an active area of 216x135mm. I want to make it where when I move 216mm horizontally on my drawing tablet, it will match the sensitivity when I move my mouse exactly 216mm. Using trial and error, I've found that around 35.7px/mm kinda matches the sensitivity or it might be placebo. Is there a more certain way of knowing the px/mm?

otd.PNG

On 14/04/2024 at 03:38, stanmarsh44 said:

I'm trying to match my drawing tablet sensitivity to my mouse. I am using OpenTabletDriver, which uses px/mm for the sensitivity. My mouse is 800dpi, 1000hz polling rate. I use Windows 6/11 sens with disabled mouse acceleration. The game I am testing this on is Overwatch. On Overwatch, I have a 6.00% sensitivity. The drawing tablet has an active area of 216x135mm. I want to make it where when I move 216mm horizontally on my drawing tablet, it will match the sensitivity when I move my mouse exactly 216mm. Using trial and error, I've found that around 35.7px/mm kinda matches the sensitivity or it might be placebo. Is there a more certain way of knowing the px/mm?

otd.PNG

Variables:
1) Active Area is the mouse pad - 216x135 mm.
2) Relative Mode is the same DPI, but in a different form - 800 DPI.
3) Screen Resolution - FHD: 1920x1080.
4) Field of view in the game - Overwatch, 103 Hdeg 16:9.
5) Game sensitivity multiplier - Overwatch, 6%.

First we need to find out what kind of 800 DPI is in OTD.
1 inch = 2.54 cm = 25.4 mm.
800/25.4=31.496062992125985 X'Y sensitivity in OTD.

If we want to have edge-to-edge desktop resolution in the active area, then: (1920/(216/25.4))/25.4=8.8888888888888 X in OTD or (1080/(135/25.4))/25.4=8 Y in OTD. If you don't use a different X'Y DPI, you need to have a single X'Y multiplier in OTD. 

You can use inches for calculation.

image.thumb.png.b8f47b7ed808cfe409bd516b0196408f.png

The workings of the variables field of view, screen resolution, and sensitivity multiplier in the game, can be seen here.

• Sensitivity 1: Sensitivity 6%
  • 360° Distance: 28.8636 centimeters
  • Pixel ratio: 0.5278 pixels/count
Edited by Vaccaria

Thanks for your reply. I have already calculated 31.49px/mm previously through several different calculations and there are many calculations that result in 31.49px/mm. However, I believe this sensitivity is incorrect as ingame it didnt feel right and felt too slow. I wanted to know objectively or if it was just bias. So, ingame I went up to a wall that has straight vertical lines. I got my mouse and attempted to move my mouse exactly 216mm horizontally and marked where the crosshair ended up. Then, I got my pen and moved 216mm horizontally. Moving the pen horizontally exactly 216mm is always consistent. I adjusted the px/mm sensitivity in OTD, and eventually reached approximately 35px/mm to nearly match up with the mouse. In OTD, using 31.49px/mm was clear that it was too slow as it never matched up when moving my pen 216mm horizontally ingame compared to when I moved my mouse 216mm.

The problem is that moving the mouse 216mm is always inconsistent, so I do not know the exact measurement in px/mm. I used websites that measure DPI, and found that 31.49px/mm gives approximately ~650dpi when moving 216mm, and ~35px/mm gives approximately 750-820dpi. This also helped me to conclude 31.49px/mm is an incorrect sensitivity.

I found a program that measures the number of pixels moved: mouse monitor this program is very useful as it tells me how many pixels it takes to move my pen 216mm horizontally. For 35px/mm, it will move a consistent 7560pixels. That is because 35*216=7560. Now, I tried this on my mouse. Several attempts trying to move my mouse 216mm resulted in approximately ~7500pixels, but it was always inconsistent. I need to know a consistent result of how many pixels my mouse will move if moved 216mm horizontally. Knowing this unknown result means that I can easily calculate the px/mm for OTD. Apologies for the repitition, I just want to be precise with my wording.

• Solution
Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, stanmarsh44 said:

Thanks for your reply. I have already calculated 31.49px/mm previously through several different calculations and there are many calculations that result in 31.49px/mm. However, I believe this sensitivity is incorrect as ingame it didnt feel right and felt too slow. I wanted to know objectively or if it was just bias. So, ingame I went up to a wall that has straight vertical lines. I got my mouse and attempted to move my mouse exactly 216mm horizontally and marked where the crosshair ended up. Then, I got my pen and moved 216mm horizontally. Moving the pen horizontally exactly 216mm is always consistent. I adjusted the px/mm sensitivity in OTD, and eventually reached approximately 35px/mm to nearly match up with the mouse. In OTD, using 31.49px/mm was clear that it was too slow as it never matched up when moving my pen 216mm horizontally ingame compared to when I moved my mouse 216mm.

The problem is that moving the mouse 216mm is always inconsistent, so I do not know the exact measurement in px/mm. I used websites that measure DPI, and found that 31.49px/mm gives approximately ~650dpi when moving 216mm, and ~35px/mm gives approximately 750-820dpi. This also helped me to conclude 31.49px/mm is an incorrect sensitivity.

I found a program that measures the number of pixels moved: mouse monitor this program is very useful as it tells me how many pixels it takes to move my pen 216mm horizontally. For 35px/mm, it will move a consistent 7560pixels. That is because 35*216=7560. Now, I tried this on my mouse. Several attempts trying to move my mouse 216mm resulted in approximately ~7500pixels, but it was always inconsistent. I need to know a consistent result of how many pixels my mouse will move if moved 216mm horizontally. Knowing this unknown result means that I can easily calculate the px/mm for OTD. Apologies for the repitition, I just want to be precise with my wording.

What I don't understand is when a person tries to point out in words something that only they are experiencing. I've done some tests of what you pointed out. I got a match.
I also know the reasons for the CPI inconsistency on the mouse, i.e. lack of consistency.

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

image.thumb.png.cfaea4e22aab28e4331a471f13f192a9.png

4.17*100=417 px

The cursor started and ended the movement of the active are - That means the math works.

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

You want to know how many pixels you can get through at 216 mm.
so:

216/25.4=8.50393700787*800=6803.1496063 px - We multiplied the distance by CPI, we got a value, let's understand it as px. Since CPI are counts, they can be tied to anything, in the case of a monitor, they are tied to resolution, i.e. px.

>>>

6803.1496063/1920=3.54330708661 - We found how many can fit 1920 px on this area.

Edited by Vaccaria

I have figured out the problem. Using MouseTester, I have measured a more accurate DPI measurement of my mouse. It turns out my mouse is using 900 DPI for some reason even though it is set to 800 in the software. If I substitute 900 instead of 800 with your calculations, then I receive 35.433070866141732283464566929134px/mm. And now the sensitivity matches up. Thank you for doing your own tests, as it showed that something was wrong with my mouse.