Combat Champions

All aims use the same sensitivity setting, choose the sensitivity for the aim you prefer to be matched.
Read more...

Ghost of Tsushima DIRECTOR'S CUT

The sensitivity and FOV changes depending on certain actions and where you are (indoor etc). The calculations are for the view when you move around outdoor.
Read more...

Russian Fishing 4

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Arena Breakout: Infinite

Hipfire is added, aims coming soon!
Read more...

Project L33T

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

understanding USA coeff setting + hipfire FOV interactions

Hello,

I am trying to understand USA ceoff= 0 and its interactions with differing FOVs.

My very simplified understanding of USA coeff = 0 is that it is something along the lines of 'same' tracking feeling between hipfire and ADS. I thought this applied to all hipfire FOVs.

I play bf2042 as an example and i've used FOV 73.74 and USA on + coeff = 0 (and the aim sensitivity ratios in the game are at 1.0) for a long time.

But recently i was trying a different hipfire FOVs, such as 80. With the higher hipfire FOV at 80, i expected the ADS fov (say 1.25xscope) to increase (and it did as i used FOV scaling in the game). I would have thought the sensitivity for that ADS/zoom to also increase automatically. (I didnt touch zoom sensitivity ratio at the time, it was still at 1.0).

However It felt off, slower than it should, so i did some manual 360/cm test and noticed the ADS sensitivity didn't change at all despite the increase in hipfire + ADS fov.

After some random tinkering on mousesensitivty.com it became obvious that i was meant to also change the zoom sensitivity ratio to 1.112 (from 1.0). 

I guess ultimately i should just follow whatever figures the calculator spits out even if i don't understand but i wanted to give it a shot at understanding, so is anyone able to explain why the hipfire FOV change causes a need to also change/adjust the zoom sensitivity ratio when coeff is already 0?  

That might not even be the right question lol but just giving it a go. Thanks regardless.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Wizard

When you change your FOV, you also change the source on which all the ADS and scope sensitivities are based on.

If you have ADS FOV on, the FOV for 3x and below will change based on the hipfire FOV, and this change will exactly match the scaling of MDV 0%, so their 360 distance will stay the same but their FOV will be different.

With ADS FOV off, and for all scopes above 3x, the FOV is fixed, so to keep the same sensitivity as before you'll have to adjust the multiplier (since the source is changed).

Ahh I suppose that would explain why the higher FOV (at the same 360cm) would feel slower for both hipfire and ADS. This was ultimately what i wanted to achieve.

Question 1: Does that mean, where I want to change my hipfire FOV but want to maintain MDV 0%, i would need to make sure both games have the same FOV in the calculations?

Because i was originally doing this  (https://www.mouse-sensitivity.com/?share=0b870418ee14016eac1309b04bcbb09c) to convert from <CS> (this is my reference game for all my conversions) which has default FOV 73.74 (16:9) to <Game i want, BF2042 in this case> at FOV 80 (i normally match Game2 FOV to v73.74) which resulted in the changes to ADS zoom ratio (GstInput.SoldierZoomSensitivityAll) from 1.0 to 1.118.

Question2: What is my calculations above actually converting to?  

• Wizard
14 hours ago, mlem said:

Question 1: Does that mean, where I want to change my hipfire FOV but want to maintain MDV 0%, i would need to make sure both games have the same FOV in the calculations?

Because i was originally doing this  (https://www.mouse-sensitivity.com/?share=0b870418ee14016eac1309b04bcbb09c) to convert from <CS> (this is my reference game for all my conversions) which has default FOV 73.74 (16:9) to <Game i want, BF2042 in this case> at FOV 80 (i normally match Game2 FOV to v73.74) which resulted in the changes to ADS zoom ratio (GstInput.SoldierZoomSensitivityAll) from 1.0 to 1.118.

What you have done here is correct, the aims will stay exactly same (relatively speaking, since the ones below 3x changes FOV).

14 hours ago, mlem said:

Question2: What is my calculations above actually converting to?  

You are keeping the same 360 distance for hipfire, which is usually what people prefer as it keeps your navigation (turning around corners etc) the same.

All the aims are using the same tracking speed as the hipfire in CS2. So if you track a moving target, the mouse movement will be the same. This means though, that tracking a moving target in BF2042 hipfire will be slightly different since the 360 is matched regardless of FOV.

11 hours ago, DPI Wizard said:

All the aims are using the same tracking speed as the hipfire in CS2. So if you track a moving target, the mouse movement will be the same. This means though, that tracking a moving target in BF2042 hipfire will be slightly different since the 360 is matched regardless of FOV.

I suppose another option would be to increase my 360cm sensitivity in line with the increased FOV (from 73.74 to 80). If i were to do this, I would imagine MDV 0% would still be the way to go, opposed to say using MDV 100/133? (i know it is probably kind of subjective but would like your view nonetheless).

Thanks for the responses so far, it has helped me understand the MDV0% and my own calculations better. :S