Robin Hood - Sherwood Builders

See the game notes for instructions on how to reduce smoothing.
Read more...

Gas Station Simulator

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Mortal Shell

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Incursion Red River

The sensitivity slider is not accurate, expect some discrepancy. Use the config file for best accuracy.
Read more...

ONCE HUMAN

Hipfire added, more aims to come. See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Counter-Strike 2 (prev. Counter Strike: Global Offensive)

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Laysteel

Hey! Really nice calculator but i think something is wrong with the calculation of counterstrike global offensive! Because i tried converting my cs:go sensitivity to bf3 but somehow it always is much lower than the one in cs:go! maybe its the WPS! I have my WPS on 6 but still something is wrong... Please fix this or help me find out what is wrong. Thanks

Guest Laysteel

Ok! if i go in cs:go and do a 360° turn it i messure 39 cm.. with exactly 2 sens. if i put 2 sens in the cs:go window on this website it tells me i would do a 46 cm for 360°

again 450dpi

zowie am-mouse

Guest Laysteel

sorry i need to correct myself! the fov in csgo is always 90 not 85! als also i had acceleration on in cs go but it made a difference of 2 cm.. so not 39 but 37. but still there has to be a bug! good luck on fixing it!

Guest alip_93

Yeah the calculations are off. If I change my mouse settings from 400dpi with WPS on 6 to 1600dpi with WPS on 3 it says my sensitivity in CS:GO should be exactly the same keeping it at 2.5.

In reality it is much more sensitive with the change.

Default FOV in CS:GO is 90 with a 16:9 monitor I think.

• Wizard

I have double checked CS:GO now, and updated the calculations.

Make sure Raw mouse input is enabled, this ensures Windows Pointer Speed and acceleration is not interfering with the sensitivity. Also make sure acceleration is turned off in CS:GO. FOV do affect sensitivity, and the default is 90. But on a server without cheats enabled I don't think you can change the default FOV. I've updated the calculator anyway so you can change the FOV and see the correct distance :) If no FOV is entered the default (90) is used.

Guest Slaughter

Yeah i know it will give 90 from the console just heard in cs:s and hl2 actual fov is 75 while despite what is written there(not sure if the same can be said about cs go though) But maybe its just people speculating wrong info on ll those sites and forums confusing vertical and horizontal fov values or smth. Just wanted you to spread a word on this whether to confirm or not.

• Wizard

If you set the resolution to 4:3 aspect ratio, you'll see that it takes exactly four fields of view to turn 360 degrees, so it is definitely 90 default :) Using horizontal FOV is a little problematic though, because it usualy refers to the 4:3 FOV. When you are using 16:9 it is actually wider. I'm planning to add more advanced FOV features in the future.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Locopock

Hello, I just converted my Counter Strike: Global Offensive sensitivity over to Garry's Mod. When I got on a server in Garry's Mod I quickly noticed that the sensitivity was a bit too slow even though I had changed it to what my Counter Strike: Global Offensive sensitivity is. I have no idea if it is just me or if there is something wrong with the calculator. Hope to hear back soon.

Guest Locopock

I know for a fact that my WPS is on the 7th notch, but putting it down to the 6th solved my problem. If my WPS is 6 then there wouldn't be any 11 because I am on the 7th notch, but my wps is 6 so the 11th notch would technically be 10 WPS.. I think.

Hi, this is a great tool, but I've got some doubts.

I use 2.6 sens on CS GO with 1920*1080 (and so 106 horizontal FOV) and 400 DPI. Your calculator tells me that means my sensitivity to do a 360 is 33.9, but when measuring it with a ruler, I measure something more along the lines 47-50 cm. Any ideas why? What is the equation you use to calculate this 360° measure?

Finally, is it possible to have pixel skipping with 400 DPI and 1080 resolution? I did a few basic calculations and determined that a full 360 is equal to 6520 pixels at 106 FOV, and, according to your app, 33.9 cm of mouse movement. Knowing that 400 DPI is equal to about 157.5 counts per cm, that means I need 5339.25 counts to make a full 360 turn, which clearly means some pixel skipping shoulg be occuring.

However, I did not notice any when testing it in-game and I measured something well above 33.9 cm per 360. What do you think is the problem? And yes, I use 6 WPS and an acceleration fix.

• Wizard

HiCS:GO uses the well known Source formula for calculating sensitivity. Check a few things in the config file that can affect the sensitivity, they should be the default values here:

m_customaccel ""0""

m_forward ""1""

m_mouseaccel1 ""0""

m_mouseaccel2 ""0""

m_mousespeed ""1""

m_pitch ""0.022""

m_rawinput ""1""

m_side ""0.8""

m_yaw ""0.022""

Escpecially m_yaw is important. I just fired up CS:GO here, and used your numbers (2.6 sens, 400 DPI and 106 FOV), and the calculations are spot on. Your measurements are so far off, something must be wrong somewhere indeed. Fist of all check the settings I listed here, also if you can try in another Source based game, or any other game for that matter, and see if they also are off.Regarding pixelskipping, you are just below with your settings :)

Thanks for your speedy response!

The settings in my config are all the same as those you've showed me except for m_rawinput which I turn off. I rely on the MarkC mouse fix for raw input. When installing the fix I used the 100% display DPI .reg file, seeing as I don't enlarge anything on Windows.

I've got the same measurements when playing CS Source on the same settings. However, on Battlefield 3, I measured approximately 40 cm/360° (hipfire) @ 90 FOV with 0.116036 sensitivity (it's not directly equivalent to my CS GO sensitivity). It's still 5cm longer than what your calculator shows for that value... I've also disabled raw input in BF3. Strangely, the BF3 sensitivity still feels natural even though it is quicker than CS GO. I'm really stumped...

So far, I think it could either be my mouse or the CS GO FOV. My mouse is a new Steelseries Diablo (a Xai basically) with drivers. Am I right in thinking that 1080 resolution in CS GO means 106 FOV?

At least I can be happy knowing there is no pixel skipping occuring! :D

• Wizard

Try enabling raw mouse input for all the games. The MarkC fix is not relevant for newer games, only old ones. Raw mouse input ensures nothing is messing with the signals from the mouse, and is vital for the calculations to be correct :) Also, you will usually measure 5-10% off compared to the calculated distance due to mouse sensor inaccuracy and the fact that you are not able to move your mouse in a perfect straight line.