Arena Breakout: Infinite

Hipfire is added, aims coming soon!
Read more...

Project L33T

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Twilight Town: A Cyberpunk FPS

Just added.
Read more...

Contain

See the game notes for instructions on how to disable smoothing.
Read more...

Vomitoreum

Just added.
Read more...

Counter-Strike 2 (prev. Counter Strike: Global Offensive)

• 3 weeks later...
  • Wizard

so just found out that no matter what I put my dpi to in windows settings, it always says 2.5156...?

Correct, as long as you have the same DPI on desktop and in the game, the sensitivity stays the same. If you start using different DPI's (e.g. 400 in Windows and 800 in-game) and/or changing FOV, things will change.

Correct, as long as you have the same DPI on desktop and in the game, the sensitivity stays the same. If you start using different DPI's (e.g. 400 in Windows and 800 in-game) and/or changing FOV, things will change.

This is what I still don't get, the DPI setting is in the mouse alone so the DPI will always scale exact same for windows and ingame?

For example, if I have let's say 1800 DPI ingame but I think that's too high for windows desktop, so I change it to 400 whenever I close a game, but if I reopen the game it will be at 400 DPI as well, unless I manually changed it back to 1800 DPI.

Edited by Blaikie
  • Wizard

That's dependent on the mouse software. Logitech Gaming Software will switch back and forth between DPI's depending on the program/game you have in focus.

But for any given game you have a "magic" sensitivity that equals to the dekstop sensitivity for a given FOV, assuming you use the same DPI in game and in Windows. So 400 DPI in-game and in Windows and 8000 DPI in-game and in Windows will give you the same result.

That's dependent on the mouse software. Logitech Gaming Software will switch back and forth between DPI's depending on the program/game you have in focus.

But for any given game you have a "magic" sensitivity that equals to the dekstop sensitivity for a given FOV, assuming you use the same DPI in game and in Windows. So 400 DPI in-game and in Windows and 8000 DPI in-game and in Windows will give you the same result.

It's impossible to have a different mouse DPI in windows at the same time as playing ingame though? The mouse simply cannot run 2 DPI settings simultaneously, it has to switch back and forth.

I can't seem to get a consistent mouse sens.

using a 1920x1080 monitor, 90 fov in calc, 400 dpi

4:3 1280x1024 ingame res gives me sensitivity "2.0432" @ 360° rotation: 20.0221 inches 

16:10 1680x1050 ingame res gives me sensitivity "2.3766" @ 360 rotation: 17.2133 inches 

how are they equal if they both require DIFFERENT sens to complete a 360?

I tried a random sens and kept it for all the reses and the 360 remained the same.

What am I missing?

Edited by Lunnaaa655
  • 2 weeks later...

DPI Wizard.

Could you please look into having the regular scope for call of duty games the same as the first zoom option in csgo (awp)?

Apparently having a different zoom sensitivity affects regular sensitivity 0.o..not by MUUUCH, but it would make a very significant improvement. Try it if you don't believe me. Use 0 zoom sens and 1.0 zoom sens with an AK or M4.

I'm using 1800 DPI and having 1.0 as zoom sensitivity is just not right, it's tooooo high...not like in Call of duty that it's just so easy to snipe people since the zoom sensitivity apparently configures itself to the regular sens.

Anyways could you work into calculating COD regular sniper zoom sensitivity into the first scope option on CSGO? 
PLEASEEE

I can make a big donation for it...PLEASEEE :(

• 2 weeks later...

I will check this! I have already made the calculator support coefficients, so I can maybe add the zoom sensitivity to this field.

Thank you wizard!

I'm currently not using AWP cause yeah, the two scopes just give me different sens movements. 

I'm waaaay more comfortable w/ the COD zoom. I can snipe kill easily on COD, but not so much in CSGO.

However, after doing 360 measuring I believe it's kinda different because of the zoom. I 'THINK" it's 8x zoom on COD, the first zoom sens in csgo it just kinda too high to use on 1 zoom sens on 1800DPI.

If you for some reason can't do anything about it it would be nice if you sort it out to us by explaining how it can't be fixed and this is how it feels because the zoom is like this and that blah blah etc etc.

Hello!

I play CS:GO at 1280x1024 resolution with a 16:9 monitor. However I play BF3 at 1920x1080 and would like to calculate the sensitivity to have the same 360 distance in BF3. I can't seem to change the resolution in the calculator as it is locked in 1920x1080 but does it affect the calculation? Thank you!

• 3 months later...

i still dont get it. If i use 16:9 Resolution i have to put 106 FOV in or just leave 90?

It's correct that the actual FOV changes depending on aspect ratio, but as far as sensitivity goes, resolution and AR doesn't affect it for CS:GO. So the configured FOV is what you should enter in the calculator :)

this means you just leave it at 90.

Edited by stereo3D

Hey DPI Wizard, is there a limit to how many digits you can put into a sensitivity?

For instance, if there is a limit of 5 digits, you can make a sense like 2.2456. But if there is no limit, you can put 2.24567899876545324.

Is there any way to figure this out?

hi. I know the pros use around 400 dpi and 2 sense. but I have used 6400 dpi and .45 sense for 1500hrs. I was going to change but then I relized I really like my sense the way it is now. im just wondering is it worth changing or should I keep it the way it is. because I don't wana mess up my muscle memory and other stuff (mouse accel off raw on) ive been told multiple times that 6400 dpi is way to high for 1080p but even though that may be true I like how it is now. should I still change or should I go to a different dpi with a different in game sense? (csgo btw)

hi. I know the pros use around 400 dpi and 2 sense. but I have used 6400 dpi and .45 sense for 1500hrs. I was going to change but then I relized I really like my sense the way it is now. im just wondering is it worth changing or should I keep it the way it is. because I don't wana mess up my muscle memory and other stuff (mouse accel off raw on) ive been told multiple times that 6400 dpi is way to high for 1080p but even though that may be true I like how it is now. should I still change or should I go to a different dpi with a different in game sense? (csgo btw)

You can just scale your sens with 400 dpi. Find a dpi calculator and make the correct changes and you'll be good to go.

Found quite a big problem for the Csgo calculator. I was messing around with it to test if it's stable and found this problem.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive - Hipfire
Sensitivity:
sensitivity "1.85435"
360° rotation:
22.0611 inches
Discrepancy:
0 inches

Sensitivity:
sensitivity "1.8544"
360° rotation:
22.0606 inches
Discrepancy:
-0.0005 inches 

As you can see, the receiving sensitivity given back is different from the one given. This can cause huge problems when transferring other game sensitivities. 
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Wizard

Found quite a big problem for the Csgo calculator. I was messing around with it to test if it's stable and found this problem.

Sensitivity:
sensitivity "1.85435"
360° rotation:
22.0611 inches
Discrepancy:
0 inches

Sensitivity:
sensitivity "1.8544"
360° rotation:
22.0606 inches
Discrepancy:
-0.0005 inches 

As you can see, the receiving sensitivity given back is different from the one given. This can cause huge problems when transferring other game sensitivities. 

This is actually not a bug, but partly by design. CS:GO only supports 4 decimals when configuring sensitivity, so the calculator rounds the output to the nearest 4 decimal number. I did have a limit on how many decimals you could enter in the input based on the selected game earlier, but removed it because it caused some issues. If CS:GO do support more than 4 decimals I need to update it though.

This is actually not a bug, but partly by design. CS:GO only supports 4 decimals when configuring sensitivity, so the calculator rounds the output to the nearest 4 decimal number. I did have a limit on how many decimals you could enter in the input based on the selected game earlier, but removed it because it caused some issues. If CS:GO do support more than 4 decimals I need to update it though.

I notice that even past 4 decimals, I instantly noticed a difference. For instance, my current sens is 2.17725, and I instantly notice a difference between 2.1772 and 2.17725. The thing is, I believe that the amount of numbers you can have is actually unlimited, but to an extent, you don't notice a huge difference.

I believe you should take off the limitation of decimals to allow any sens to travel over to all games if possible.